Anyone else think Krieg is going to be garbage?

#21StormWolf12Posted 5/6/2013 3:36:45 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
spfurm01 posted...
killbot357 posted...
I think the general perception will be that melee isn't viable, and then someone will post a build that makes him super powerful, and everyone will want to play as Krieg.

Kind of like Zer0.

Current speculation is that his action skill won't get attributes from your weapons (thus no rapier/rubi) which could/should make him very poor at melee vs raid bosses.

Otherwise I think he'll be fine, those few bosses aside.

current observations with the version of krieg we have access to now show roid shields bonus not applying to melee in BLR but the Amp sound (maybe bonus also) triggers in BLR. so I'm going to say his BLR attacks as of note are receiving full bonuses and are possibly being treated as gun damage.

That would be a zero out of 10...
#22gunsndrosesPosted 5/6/2013 3:40:58 PM
StormWolf12 posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
spfurm01 posted...
killbot357 posted...
I think the general perception will be that melee isn't viable, and then someone will post a build that makes him super powerful, and everyone will want to play as Krieg.

Kind of like Zer0.

Current speculation is that his action skill won't get attributes from your weapons (thus no rapier/rubi) which could/should make him very poor at melee vs raid bosses.

current observations with the version of krieg we have access to now show roid shields bonus not applying to melee in BLR but the Amp sound (maybe bonus also) triggers in BLR. so I'm going to say his BLR attacks as of note are receiving full bonuses and are possibly being treated as gun damage.

http://bit.ly/13dDFAW
---
Halo 4 was the best Call of Duty.
#23AdriGodPosted 5/6/2013 3:43:41 PM
I think he looks pretty good. Maybe he won't be the top tier character, but that doesn't necessarily make him "garbage". Either way, i probably won't be using him. I'm already playing on way too many characters
#24PanopictonguyPosted 5/6/2013 3:43:52 PM
StormWolf12 posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
spfurm01 posted...
killbot357 posted...

Kind of like Zer0.

Current observations with the version of krieg we have access to now show roid shields bonus not applying to melee in BLR. The sound from Amp shots (maybe bonus also) triggers in BLR. So I'm going to say assume his BLR attacks as of right now are not receiving full bonuses and are possibly being treated as gun damage.

Thank you for pointing that out. corrected the swypos.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#25InfinityZERO(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 3:47:58 PM
StormWolf12 posted...
stickboy2323 posted...
StormWolf12 posted...
stickboy2323 posted...
InfinityZERO posted...
not having Deception is a way to a quick melee-based death. Also not having backstab.

melee Gaige says hi.

Kill Vorac with melee Gaige.

Probably not possible. But she is able to survive just fine against pretty much anything else.

I know ;)

StormWolf gets my point. Melee Gaige says hi, but she doesn't have the kind of damage causing capabilities as Glass Cannon Melee Zero. Her abilities are good, but not GCMZ.
---
"Learn the lesson that George Lucas fails to learn: despite the fact that you created this series, it doesn't belong in your hands." Langis on Sonic
#26stickboy2323Posted 5/6/2013 3:57:39 PM
InfinityZERO posted...
StormWolf gets my point. Melee Gaige says hi, but she doesn't have the kind of damage causing capabilities as Glass Cannon Melee Zero. Her abilities are good, but not GCMZ.

I get that but in the OP you made it sound like melee was not viable on anyone but Zero. I was just pointing out that Gaige survives just as well for the most part as a melee character too. In fact, since I've been playing my Gaige with a melee build I've only died either by doing something dumb (falling off a cliff and what not) or because I stop fighting to revive a co-op partner and end up getting downed for my trouble.

As to the topic at hand I think Krieg will have at least as much survivability as Gaige when it comes to melee but will not put out the same numbers as CGMZ. Who does?
---
Badass Rank: 0
#27spfurm01Posted 5/6/2013 4:00:33 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
StormWolf12 posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
spfurm01 posted...
killbot357 posted...

Kind of like Zer0.

Current observations with the version of krieg we have access to now show roid shields bonus not applying to melee in BLR. The sound from Amp shots (maybe bonus also) triggers in BLR. So I'm going to say assume his BLR attacks as of right now are not receiving full bonuses and are possibly being treated as gun damage.

Thank you for pointing that out. corrected the swypos.

Interesting. Hopefully his elemental stuff and light the fuse will scale better than Maya's elemental skills
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#28PanopictonguyPosted 5/6/2013 4:36:08 PM
light the fuse bundles hit for 1.3M at 61 without a class mod or bloodlust stacks. So I think that'll work fine. I can't say how much the final explosion does because I haven't seen a good vid of it. If you go down with Firehawk active you'll be a running exploding fireball of death.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#29InfinityZERO(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 4:36:35 PM
Krieg is *BUILT* as a melee character. His action skill is built on the fact that he gains back his health on kill.

And past Normal mode, tanking isn't really viable unless you're the Commando with that ignore fatal damage skill.
---
"Learn the lesson that George Lucas fails to learn: despite the fact that you created this series, it doesn't belong in your hands." Langis on Sonic
#30ultimakewlPosted 5/6/2013 4:49:50 PM
i think krieg will be all or nothing
his gameplay is very unique in that it requires recklessness and being dead/near dead at all times

i dont think hell be OP but he could turn out to be relatively equal to the other vault hunters

overall he seems like a first attempt at something new and different that could, in future games, lead to some very unique characters and play styles that will make the characters stand apart much more than they do now
---
im sure i could find more reasons to disregard everything you said as the incoherent ramblings of a 7 year old with no friends but i dont have the time