KRIEG (Release Date!!!)

#31The_Kiriyama(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 6:26:49 AM
Don't go off topic guys, this isn't for twitter eh?
---
GamerTag: TheKiriyama
Currently Playing: Battlefield 3, Borderlands 2, Dark Souls, Red Dead Redemption
#32ZarnonElchrisPosted 5/7/2013 6:44:39 AM
drake_skull posted...
Am I the only one who thinks Gearbox is making us wait because of the hackers on PS3 accessing him early? We already know his coding is in the game(through the compatibility pack), so why else would they make us wait the extra week for him?

You're not the only one that thinks this, but you are wrong.
Some of his data was in the last compatibility pack, but there was more work to be done before his release. For instance, his Buzz Axe Rampage benefits from amp shields instead of roid shields, which can't possibly be right.
#33zeldafaneightPosted 5/7/2013 6:49:29 AM
I think I'll go down the left or middle tree first. The right just doesn't seem that appealing to me as I don't quite think damaging yourself will be beneficial especially in UVHM. Right now I'm leaning more toward the middle tree then down the left once I get the final game changer.
---
GT: vI DISTURBED Iv (capital i not l)
#34The_Kiriyama(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 8:52:48 AM
zeldafaneight posted...
I think I'll go down the left or middle tree first. The right just doesn't seem that appealing to me as I don't quite think damaging yourself will be beneficial especially in UVHM. Right now I'm leaning more toward the middle tree then down the left once I get the final game changer.

I rather like the look of the right tree actually, I mean, you deliberately set yourself on fire, and in doing so, if specced right, you take 50% less damage? Sounds great. Plus you spew out fireballs literally every second, and with all the +fire damage buffs, they should do great damage. Still, all three trees look amazing, but whichever one I choose, I suspect it will be the middle tree, plus one of the other two.
---
Currently Playing: Battlefield 3, Borderlands 2, Dark Souls, Red Dead Redemption
#35zeldafaneightPosted 5/7/2013 10:17:12 AM
I'm a bit skeptical of the damage reduction. Isn't it coded to make 100% reduction means you take half damage? I just hope he's a better melee character than zero as much as I like playing as him he's just to gear dependent. I'm really hoping krieg will have a bit more survivability.
---
GT: vI DISTURBED Iv (capital i not l)
#36The_Kiriyama(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 10:41:06 AM
zeldafaneight posted...
I'm a bit skeptical of the damage reduction. Isn't it coded to make 100% reduction means you take half damage? I just hope he's a better melee character than zero as much as I like playing as him he's just to gear dependent. I'm really hoping krieg will have a bit more survivability.

Yeah, I think Zero is a great character, and I really like him, but I think if you're not using very specific gear, it is very difficult for most players, if not all, to play him purely melee. Especially in UVHM. Not to say that there aren't people out there who CAN play him with regular items, AKA not the rubi, etc. But I suspect the majority of people who come onto GameFAQs and do the whole 'oh you're all whining its super easy, I solo every enemy in the game at the same time and never die' are full of crap, and just looking for attention.

Zero is a very good character, but I think he's only about half focused on melee. Which means he still gets decent gun buffs, but unlike other characters he can do a single massive hit on a boss.

Whereas, I believe Krieg is more melee focused based around the fact that firstly, his skill trees have a lot more in terms of melee focused abilities, even his stacking buff that includes gun damage is purely for shotguns, arguably the best close range weapon. It makes sense that would combine alongside Krieg's melee focus. Also, Krieg's ability, unlike Zero's who can be used for melee or guns, is PURELY melee. Yes, it can be 'thrown' but it is still part of his melee ability. His action skill has no other real bonus, apart from obviously regaining health on kill - than the melee damage increase.

So, while Zero is a great character, and better than the others in terms of melee, I think Krieg is the evolution of that, in terms of sustained, powerful melee damage. Though, i'm sure plenty of players will argue otherwise, I don't really think they have a leg to stand on, and many of which will be massive Zero fans who feel a need to 'defend' their character choice, instead of accepting that he might no longer be the best in terms of melee. But we'll see, I suppose.
---
#37Master_Norris69Posted 5/7/2013 11:49:09 AM
EX_Koakuma posted...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJnTxbuCQAEtSmF.jpg:large

Picture!

Weird...this makes me think DT is a playable character the way he is represented...i mean you dont see axtons turret out there.
---
It's pretty clear isn't it? We failed once. We failed twice. We must fail AGAIN!
#38smurfsn1p3rPosted 5/7/2013 4:17:24 PM
The_Kiriyama posted...

Not off topic, This was about revealing Krieg on twitter, and we are talking about how we do not have a twitter account.
---
I am at 60% neg feedback just from Halo alone. I think of it as a badge of honor, for doing my part to p*ss off kids ages 9-16
#39curtlandPosted 5/7/2013 4:19:01 PM
smurfsn1p3r posted...
The_Kiriyama posted...

Not off topic, This was about revealing Krieg on twitter, and we are talking about how we do not have a twitter account.

Besides, what do you care TC? The only reason you didn't just put the release date in the topic title was to get a higher post count.

:P
---
Only idoits can't spell.
#40The_Kiriyama(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 4:40:16 PM
curtland posted...
smurfsn1p3r posted...
The_Kiriyama posted...

Besides, what do you care TC? The only reason you didn't just put the release date in the topic title was to get a higher post count.

:P

Uh, not really, mate. Speculating on my reasoning is hilarious, especially as you don't know me. As for why I care, it's because the rules are there for a reason. And the topic, as the title mentions, is Krieg's release. Not twitter chat. If I made a topic purely about twitter, it would get removed from these boards.

Even if you include twitter in the discussion, you are only saying you don't have twitter. That's pretty daft. To come into a topic and say you don't have anything to do with it. It's the equivalent of going into a store to tell them you don't want to buy anything.
---