Borderlands vs. Borderlands 2

#1gunsndrosesPosted 5/6/2013 5:10:25 PM
Which was your favorite: BL1 or BL2? - Results (109 votes)
Borderlands
33.03% (36 votes)
Borderlands 2
66.97% (73 votes)
This poll is now closed.
This topic is in response to a recent one concerning BL1.

My vote is undoubtedly BL1. BL2's loot system killed it for me... BL1 had freakin' awesome DLC, and I prefer it's playable characters over BL2's.

The only true advantage I can think of that BL2 has is story, but IDC about that. If I want a story, I'd read a book...
---
Halo 4 was the best Call of Duty.
#2EasygoingBirdPosted 5/6/2013 5:12:36 PM
BL2 easy. Only thing better about 1 is the drop rates. BL2 has better story, environments, humor, enemy variety, skill system, etc.

Plus 2 has a TON more little conveniences. A. Ton. Remember when we had to pick up money and ammo? Or just use the diamond on the compass to find the objective?
---
GT: Dr Chowder
#3EX_KoakumaPosted 5/6/2013 5:14:14 PM
I'd vote but I haven't played BL1 yet so yeah
---
http://puu.sh/2MzYG.png
#4stickboy2323Posted 5/6/2013 5:18:36 PM
Borderlands.
---
Badass Rank: 0
#5PunkNeverDiesPosted 5/6/2013 5:20:51 PM
EasygoingBird posted...
BL2 easy. Only thing better about 1 is the drop rates. BL2 has better story, environments, humor, enemy variety, skill system, etc.

Plus 2 has a TON more little conveniences. A. Ton. Remember when we had to pick up money and ammo? Or just use the diamond on the compass to find the objective?

I preferred that, to be honest. The current minimap feels like too much handholding.

I also miss proficiencies and action skill relics.
---
GT: PNDMike
#6curtlandPosted 5/6/2013 5:24:39 PM
BL2.

I got bored playing the original. I'm never bored playing this one.
---
Only idoits can't spell.
#7KellyRipyaPosted 5/6/2013 5:27:53 PM
Borderlands was much more fun and remarkable in the sense it was so original as far as a loot/RPG/shooter. I had never played anything that looked or felt quite like it before. I just felt a sense of wonder exploring Pandora and actually being able to acquire the best weapons from drops from certain bosses. The only big strike against it was the terrible anti climatic ending.

Yes, Borderlands 2 is technically the better game, but it's all built on what we've already seen in the original game. You can't go home again.
---
All those moments will be lost in time, like Evisceration Rubi's in Borderlands 2.
GT: Althea N Hell
#8spfurm01Posted 5/6/2013 5:28:05 PM
BL2

The only thing I REALLY miss from BL1 is crawermax.
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#9Bonezy_BPosted 5/6/2013 5:33:10 PM
i voted BL2 but i love them both :) there are things they both do better i think but i would take BL2 if i could only play one of them.
#10Jambi_ManPosted 5/6/2013 5:39:42 PM
BL2 will keep me playing for a Long time.....and I've already logged over 900 hours.

BL1 was amazing..... but, it's been outdone by BL2.

I will go back and play 1 again, someday, when my obsession with 2 is over.....but by then, BL3 might be out.

Yikes.... I'm in deeeeeep
---
Would you like to do battle with a Brony riding piggyback on a Rabid Stalker? If the answer is no, you are sad, and I've no desire to speak with you further.