Getting Borderlands 2 Hopefully Tomorrow

#1CrossBones3129Posted 5/6/2013 8:04:14 PM
I ordered Borderlands 2 Used for $20 like a week ago and I predict it will be here tomorrow. What should I expect?

I've never played any Borderlands games and I know how vast the world is and how much stuff there is to collect and do, so what's also some of the best, funnest, and ways to lvl up my character as a complete beast?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag:
I CrossBones I
#2curtlandPosted 5/6/2013 8:06:08 PM
The fun part of starting a new character is that pretty much any build works, so just have fun playing how you want.

This isn't so much the case with TVHM and (I've heard, I'm not there yet) UVHM, but early on, just build who you want, how you want.

...and yes, it's an awesome game.
---
Only idoits can't spell.
#3Jambi_ManPosted 5/6/2013 8:21:05 PM
Get ready for a fun ride...
---
Would you like to do battle with a Brony riding piggyback on a Rabid Stalker? If the answer is no, you are sad, and I've no desire to speak with you further.
#4WeAreInfiniteN7Posted 5/6/2013 8:41:51 PM
CrossBones3129 posted...
What should I expect?

A ton of awesomeness, some tedium (not much), and a huge helping of comedy. All in all, BL2 is one of the best games out there and I really hope you enjoy it.
#5CrossBones3129(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 9:15:54 PM
I'm stoked to play it! I thought it would have came in today but it didn't I was pretty bummed lol. I plan on getting the Season Pass too, so I'm guessing I'll be overloaded with Borderlands 2 awesomeness!
---
Xbox Live Gamertag:
I CrossBones I
#6InfinityZEROPosted 5/6/2013 9:19:21 PM
CrossBones3129 posted...
I ordered Borderlands 2 Used for $20 like a week ago and I predict it will be here tomorrow. What should I expect?

I've never played any Borderlands games and I know how vast the world is and how much stuff there is to collect and do, so what's also some of the best, funnest, and ways to lvl up my character as a complete beast?

Probably should've waited until the GotY or everything DLC version comes out. The last DLC is coming in June, so you wouldn't need to wait much longer to get the everything version.
---
"Learn the lesson that George Lucas fails to learn: despite the fact that you created this series, it doesn't belong in your hands." Langis on Sonic
#7CrossBones3129(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 10:39:10 AM
InfinityZERO posted...
CrossBones3129 posted...

Probably should've waited until the GotY or everything DLC version comes out. The last DLC is coming in June, so you wouldn't need to wait much longer to get the everything version.

I guess i could have but $20 is pretty cheap for now. I already had 2400 pts sitting on my account. I'm so mad though, it still hasn't came in. That's the last time I order from familyvideo.com
---
Xbox Live Gamertag:
I CrossBones I
#8killbot357Posted 5/7/2013 10:45:06 AM
I disagree about waiting for the GOTY edition or whatever. It won't be out before holiday season this year, if then. You made the right choice.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Borderlands 2, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers
#9The_KiriyamaPosted 5/7/2013 10:48:20 AM
Expect an excellent game, with a story that in my humble opinion, was far more fleshed out and enjoyable than the first game, which had virtually zero story, or twists, etc. The characters are more fleshed out as well, the game looks a little better in terms of graphics, and yeah, overall, it's a better game. Some of the DLC have been a mild let down for me, but only because I have very high expectations. Otherwise, i'd say they've been okay. Plus the Mechromancer was great, and I think Krieg may be my new favourite character, he's totally up my street of thought.

But if I were you, definitely get the season pass. Four DLC's for the price of three, the last DLC is going to be the biggest, done entirely by Gearbox, has set itself around probably the greatest character out of the series, again, just my opinion. Not to mention the fact you also get the level cap stuff for free as part of the season pass. The final DLC is out June 25th. Krieg is out May 14th. The main game, plus the hundreds of side-quests from the main game and the DLC's, along with the second and third playthroughs, gear farming, getting up to level 61, and so on. You will have plenty of content to tide you over to the last DLC, which I suspect is going to be bloody awesome.

Kind of jealous of you in a way, if I could wipe my memory of this game and re-play it, i'd love that. There are several moments that are so funny I was practically choking for air, several moments that are just really touching, upsetting or tragic, especially if you dwell on them and consider the true meaning of what's happened, and yeah, its just a really well-rounded game. Though, if I were you, I would leave the boards shortly after reading, because many people post spoilers without considering others, or really being aware of what they're saying. So go on a media blackout, and enjoy your game, mate. Happy gaming!!!
---
GamerTag: TheKiriyama
Currently Playing: Battlefield 3, Borderlands 2, Dark Souls, Red Dead Redemption
#10foodeater4Posted 5/7/2013 10:51:44 AM
Enjyo the ride. You might find the game a bit difficult at first, but once you get some levels and start to get some decent gear and learn how everyhing works its big fun.

If you ever played an MMO or Diablo type game, you kinda know wha to except. The missions feel MMO like. For example every time you reach a new zone youll find a bunch of missions to do in addition to the main story line. But the loot is crazy randomness, and its very fun when you get something good unexceptedly.

The games good fun funny too, it'll probably make you laugh out loud a few times, and Handsome Jack is a great bad guy.