Question about Krieg's Hellborn tree & the Inflammable shield prefix

#11SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 5/8/2013 7:20:36 PM
killswitchoff posted...
Why not hide of terramorphous for krieg? Flame nove/spike + roid Damage + fire immunity? Seems perfect

No idea about the fire immunity thing that you're asking though

Could be either. The Firehawk shield is easier to get, in any case.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#12booyakasha128Posted 5/8/2013 9:59:10 PM
This was a thought of mine since the Hellborn tree was first released, surely not since that would essentially give him free buffs.
---
My name is Booya, and tacos rule (b^_^)b
http://www.last.fm/user/booyakasha128
#13MattheauPosted 5/9/2013 3:20:39 AM
killswitchoff posted...
Why not hide of terramorphous for krieg? Flame nove/spike + roid Damage + fire immunity? Seems perfect

Because Hide of Terramorphous is three mediocre shields in one. The nova is terrible compared to Flame of the Firehawk and it isn't competitive against non-flesh enemies against generic explosive and shock nova shields or corrosive against armor. The spikes do terrible damage and don't work when the shield is down. The roid damage has a big number, but it isn't competitive with Love Thumper.

The effects also don't mesh together. Spikes require the shield being up. The nova requires the shield to recharge between uses, which Hide of Terramorphous isn't particularly great at compared to some other shields. The roid effect requires being down. So, you are generally only benefiting from one effect anyways.

On top of all that, if you look at his skill list, it makes lots of other shields far more desirable.
#14killswitchoffPosted 5/9/2013 4:10:07 AM
Mattheau posted...
killswitchoff posted...

Because Hide of Terramorphous is three mediocre shields in one. The nova is terrible compared to Flame of the Firehawk and it isn't competitive against non-flesh enemies against generic explosive and shock nova shields or corrosive against armor. The spikes do terrible damage and don't work when the shield is down. The roid damage has a big number, but it isn't competitive with Love Thumper.

The effects also don't mesh together. Spikes require the shield being up. The nova requires the shield to recharge between uses, which Hide of Terramorphous isn't particularly great at compared to some other shields. The roid effect requires being down. So, you are generally only benefiting from one effect anyways.
On top of all that, if you look at his skill list, it makes lots of other shields far more desirable.

You must have seen some pretty crampy hides then lol. My hide has over 200k roid better than thumper. Also recharges in liie 2.5 seconds with very fast rate. The nova does enough when combined with rubi to save my BuTT. I can solo just about anything with my zero. Though still working on vorac
#15WretchedOwlPosted 5/9/2013 4:52:05 AM
killswitchoff posted...
Mattheau posted...
killswitchoff posted...

You must have seen some pretty crampy hides then lol. My hide has over 200k roid better than thumper. Also recharges in liie 2.5 seconds with very fast rate. The nova does enough when combined with rubi to save my BuTT. I can solo just about anything with my zero. Though still working on vorac

Yeah dude. I've seen my spikes from the Hide doing about 900k on slagged fleshies when they run up and hit me. Then they proceed to burn to death.
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7421164544/hE47C9A41/
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#16Flame_Hound173(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 7:01:33 PM(edited)
So, now that Krieg is out, has anyone tested this with him? I know I had my complaints about Krieg, but I realized that I should actually give him a chance before I go making judgments and being ignorant.
---
-"A pessimist is what an optimist calls a realist."
#17sinisterorionPosted 5/16/2013 9:23:32 AM
I'm actually rather curious how an inflammable shield works with his self immolation too. Any one test it out to see how it works?
#18ApolloAntonPosted 5/16/2013 9:35:02 AM
You cannot ignite yourself with an inflammable shield equipped. Sucks because inflammable firehawk >>> firehawk in nova damage and range