Zero PIstol/Weapons

#1MWXIIIPosted 5/9/2013 5:49:06 AM
sup sup! still only level 52 since I dont have a lot of time to play....
so far I find myself using the predictable slowhand for the health gain and good damage. A crap sniper rifle ill eventually get a better one, the Righteous sub, and the Maggie.

My question here is, a) are there any really good Assault Rifles?

And my real question is .... why does everyone use the infinity? I have a corrosive and shock infinity but I feel like theyre so weak compared to my Maggie. (all lvl 50) am i missing something???
---
Karma, Truth, Vengeance
PSN - MWXIII
#2WretchedOwlPosted 5/9/2013 5:55:11 AM
As far as ARs go, the Hammer Buster is a great option for Zer0. The massive base damage and the inherent crit bonus from all Jakob's weapons make it like a semi-automatic sniper rifle in his hands.

And people like the Infinity on Zer0 mostly because of one shot one kill. Since it has a mag of 1, every bullet fired benefits from the 60% gun damage, or if you're using a blue one shot sniper mod, it'd be like 132% gun damage. Pretty sweet.
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7421164544/hE47C9A41/
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#3bustedknuckles1Posted 5/9/2013 5:58:11 AM
The infinity doesn't use ammo, the maggie does. That's why everyone uses it. The infinity was an awesome gun at level 50, but at 61 it really isn't good anymore. I use the DP unkempt harold.
---
GT: Jgodzzz1
#4bustedknuckles1Posted 5/9/2013 6:00:17 AM
WretchedOwl posted...
As far as ARs go, the Hammer Buster is a great option for Zer0. The massive base damage and the inherent crit bonus from all Jakob's weapons make it like a semi-automatic sniper rifle in his hands.

And people like the Infinity on Zer0 mostly because of one shot one kill. Since it has a mag of 1, every bullet fired benefits from the 60% gun damage, or if you're using a blue one shot sniper mod, it'd be like 132% gun damage. Pretty sweet.

Oh wow, I had no idea about the 1 hit kill with zero. Never really used that character. I'll have to try that.
---
GT: Jgodzzz1
#5MWXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 6:06:56 AM
never got the Harold. its on my list of things to get. ill have to mess around with the infinity some more I guess. The Maggie is so far my favorite gun
---
Karma, Truth, Vengeance
PSN - MWXIII
#6WretchedOwlPosted 5/9/2013 6:08:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7bustedknuckles1Posted 5/9/2013 6:12:30 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8BigRobb2389Posted 5/9/2013 6:36:31 AM
I imagine he can make great use of the Vladof Pearlescent Stalker Pistol.
#9Kiyosuki_Mk2Posted 5/9/2013 7:01:02 AM
Well for assault rifles obviously there's Captain Blades' Rapier, absolutely essential for Zer0's melee options but this does sound like you're being a Sniper Zer0.

Still though, even if you do that you'll have enough points between 50 and 60 to perhaps have options that utilize melee damage regardless so it's probably a good idea to at least have one. You can dashboard easily at the end of the quest until you get the one you want.

Course there's Rubi for lifesteal as well, specifically one with a melee mod (and maybe an effect like slag or whatever as well.) amazing when combined with Kunai on this character.
#10WretchedOwlPosted 5/9/2013 4:28:16 PM
Kiyosuki_Mk2 posted...
Well for assault rifles obviously there's Captain Blades' Rapier, absolutely essential for Zer0's melee options but this does sound like you're being a Sniper Zer0.

Still though, even if you do that you'll have enough points between 50 and 60 to perhaps have options that utilize melee damage regardless so it's probably a good idea to at least have one. You can dashboard easily at the end of the quest until you get the one you want.

Course there's Rubi for lifesteal as well, specifically one with a melee mod (and maybe an effect like slag or whatever as well.) amazing when combined with Kunai on this character.

I don't know about the whole 'easily' part of this. I found farming the Rapier to be a huge pain in the butt. You have to run like halfway through Hayter's Folley every single time, wading through seas of pirates, skags, and crystallisks. It really, really sucks. But a lot of people have a pretty decent Slag rapier if you're just willing to trade for one or get it duped.
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7421164544/hE47C9A41/
-- GT: Wretched Owls