Most overrated and underrated characters?

#1killbot357Posted 5/9/2013 4:33:25 PM
Let's talk about who gets too much attention, and who doesn't get enough!

This can be any character in the game: a vault hunter, a previous vault hunter, a major NPC, a boss, a miniboss, basically anyone or anything with a unique name.

So "Loader" wouldn't count, but "Knuckledragger" would.

I'll start!

Most overrated: Tiny Tina (come on, did you think I'd pick anyone else?)
Most underrated: ClapTrap (see above)
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Borderlands 2, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers
#2youshallbeasgodPosted 5/9/2013 4:37:54 PM
Clap Trap underrated? What?
---
I've covered wars, you know.
#32Love4LifePosted 5/9/2013 4:40:03 PM
CLaptrap Underrated and winning character of the year.. Cool story bro.
---
Video Game Challenges:
Treat Everyday as your last because tomorrow may never come.
#4WretchedOwlPosted 5/9/2013 4:52:43 PM
Most overrated would probably be Zer0 for me. Yeah, he's fun, but as far as surviving goes he really, really sucks. No, I'm not doing it wrong.

Underrated would definitely be Professor Nakayama. He was freaking hilarious throughout the whole Hammerlock DLC. The only evil villain I've ever seen that completely just falls apart and starts whining over the echo.

'THOSE WERE LITERALLY MY BEST GUYS'
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7421164544/hE47C9A41/
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#52Love4LifePosted 5/9/2013 4:55:28 PM
WretchedOwl posted...
Most overrated would probably be Zer0 for me. Yeah, he's fun, but as far as surviving goes he really, really sucks. No, I'm not doing it wrong.

Underrated would definitely be Professor Nakayama. He was freaking hilarious throughout the whole Hammerlock DLC. The only evil villain I've ever seen that completely just falls apart and starts whining over the echo.

'THOSE WERE LITERALLY MY BEST GUYS'

I was looking forward to an epic duel with him till he fell down the stairs and died
---
Video Game Challenges:
Treat Everyday as your last because tomorrow may never come.
#6TsurukePosted 5/9/2013 5:02:44 PM
Over-rated: Handsome Jack
Under-rated: Face McShoty.

2Love4Life posted...
CLaptrap Underrated and winning character of the year.. Cool story bro.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/846952930979395375/B463F3CEDD35BC9F7CE9602711C0C01E8FF8801A/
#7CaptainWolfPosted 5/9/2013 5:09:52 PM
Over-rated: Tiny Tina - I don't dislike her, but I feel like the script writers were trying just a bit too hard to make her funny.

Under-rated: Dr. Zed, with Will the Bandit as a worthy mention.
TRAP!! I LIED!!
---
Let's fly to the castle!
Xbox LIVE: Hellwolf8400 | PSN: hellwolf84
#8LaharPosted 5/9/2013 5:10:42 PM
I think Mal needs more love.
---
It's raining
luggage and babies and limbs and Daddy doesn't come home.
#9Duck247Posted 5/9/2013 5:13:33 PM
I feel that micheal mamaril is a bit is a bit underrated, but only if you know the story behind him.
---
GT: Gustav143
#10IAmDJNinjaStarPosted 5/9/2013 5:28:12 PM(edited)
Underrated - Hammerlock. This dude gets dumped on here more than almost anyone (I'll get to this...) and I don't get it. He's basically Teddy Roosevelt. He's a badass hunter, he's unafraid of pretty much anything, and his dialogue (especially with Nakayama) is gold. And he's a cyborg. I mean a freaking cyborg!

Overrated - It's a toss-up for me. One, Moxxi. She has big jugs, gets around, and makes ridiculous innuendos. Aside from her killer arsenal, I'm so done with her. Two, the Warrior. This dude is soooo built up over the course of the storyline. When it comes times to fight him, he's a total puss. Midgemong was harder, and he wasn't that hard. Just disappointed really.

Unnecessary Hatred - Why does it appear that a large majority hate Tiny Tina? She is a borderline insane 13 year-old with a fetish for explosives. She raps, and perfectly poorly at that. Her missions are a blast. If you can't get on board with that, turn off your Xbox and flip on a lifetime movie. Those 13 year-olds are way more realistic and interesting.
---
Hi, IAmDJNinjaStar.