Most overrated and underrated characters?

#51SkirePosted 5/10/2013 6:33:18 AM
ultimakewl posted...
underrated:
probably ellie
she spends all of her time alone in a land filled with spiderants, bandits, helicopters, cars, and feuding families, both of which want her dead
and what does she do?
well besides not giving a rotten skag pile about any of that
she masterminds a plan to bring down both families
and all just to stick it to her mother
(feel free to make your own joke about sticking it to moxxi here)

You make an excellent point about Ellie. But don't forget she also goes through the entire thing with a cheerful disposition. She even loves the hood ornaments that were made to mock her.
Ellie is kickass, brutal, devious and cheerful. A deadly combination.
#52CaptainWolfPosted 5/10/2013 6:36:17 AM
"I have one question: EXPLOSIONS?!"
"There's nothing more badass than treating a woman with respect!" "TOODLES!!"

He gets plenty o' love and, in my opinion, he deserves it.
---
Let's fly to the castle!
Xbox LIVE: Hellwolf8400 | PSN: hellwolf84
#53StormWolf12Posted 5/10/2013 6:58:42 AM(edited)
WretchedOwl posted...
StormWolf12 posted...
WretchedOwl posted...
Most overrated would probably be Zer0 for me. Yeah, he's fun, but as far as surviving goes he really, really sucks. No, I'm not doing it wrong.

But Zero can solo raid bosses no problem. I can clear maps without entering FFYL. Maybe u ninja wrong

Yeah, nice cookie cutter build and overpowered weapons. Maybe I go down cause I don't abuse the Rubi? But hey, thats just me.

And I find it odd that in this entire thread, Mr. Torgue hasn't popped up once.

"Cookie cutter" sure, but I was using it before it was as such. So, there's that.

Also, I can use the kitten or hail and clear anything not raid boss.

Edit: Well, I can kill pete with a kitten, but Pete is Pete.
#54xboxBUNZILLAPosted 5/10/2013 7:06:15 AM
Skire posted...
ultimakewl posted...
underrated:
probably ellie
she spends all of her time alone in a land filled with spiderants, bandits, helicopters, cars, and feuding families, both of which want her dead
and what does she do?
well besides not giving a rotten skag pile about any of that
she masterminds a plan to bring down both families
and all just to stick it to her mother
(feel free to make your own joke about sticking it to moxxi here)

You make an excellent point about Ellie. But don't forget she also goes through the entire thing with a cheerful disposition. She even loves the hood ornaments that were made to mock her.
Ellie is kickass, brutal, devious and cheerful. A deadly combination.

its because people even hate on morbidly obese video game characters.
#55foodeater4Posted 5/10/2013 7:33:48 AM
OVerrated: Gonna have to go with Tiny Tina also. Was disappointed the last DLC will have her in it. I just didnt find her that funny either. I felt like Tiny Tina and that huge fat chick from the Dust could have been merged into one character.

Underrated: Im gonna go claptrap. He's pretty much just chilling in santuary for most of the game. Would be nice if there was more stuff to do with him.
#56TheBraveOnePosted 5/10/2013 8:05:27 AM
I just want to say that imo the point of Tiny Tina was to be so obnoxious and unfunny that she'd make you laugh at how ridiculous she is. She's essentially a really bad joke, but on purpose.

That's how I see her.

Underrated: Hammerlock/Roland

Overrated: Lilith. Everything somebody says "sup" a little bit of my soul dies.
---
XBL Gamertag- Siepher1
PSN- DivineSlasher
#57zeca04Posted 5/10/2013 4:06:49 PM
Well, I honestly think Handsome Jack is the most overrated villain i have ever seen.

And underrated was Zed, in my opinion.
#58Kiyosuki_Mk2Posted 5/10/2013 10:23:18 PM(edited)
Yeah actually I'd say Ellie to be pretty underrated, thinking about it a bit more. They do kind of push the whole angle of them having made a fat girl character that's not a villain/insane/unflattering/throwaway a little bit much though and I remember before the game came out it seemed like there was an attempt to make a big deal about her. It's not a bad thing I'm all for breaking a mold, but it came across as trying rather hard a bit.

But despite all that she is a pretty fun character for what we see of her.

I would have definitely liked to have seen more of Zed too.
#59PerfektDarPosted 5/10/2013 10:41:52 PM
killbot357 posted...
IAmDJNinjaStar posted...
Unnecessary Hatred - Why does it appear that a large majority hate Tiny Tina? She is a borderline insane 13 year-old with a fetish for explosives.

My problem with Tina is she isn't funny. She's like the worst episode of Family Guy, turned up to 11.

By that do you mean a monkey in the closet joke followed by 15 minutes of conway twitty?

If so, then /C
---
Brawl Friend Code: 4296-2645-6438
#60FrEshBrEadStiCkPosted 5/11/2013 2:07:43 AM(edited)
Overrated: Claptrap. He was cool in the first game, but now I just hate the annoying bastard.

Underrated: Tannis

Also, am I the only one that appreciates Tina because she's so similar to Tank Girl?
---
Speed is relative. Floor it.