NEW Krieg Video - May 10th

#41IronMonkey008Posted 5/10/2013 11:08:21 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
don't bother, gearbox is allowing the character to be poorly represented. They could have let some of the play testers demo him maxed out in UVHM with an effective build. Then again a large portion of the player base enjoys running around one shotting everything. They probably think people will be more likely to purchase him if he looks OP.

I think that is the problem, they know all people want to ever see is smashing things easy. They aren't going to show him having trouble or your average person wouldn't want to bother. Which I'm sure is why they did the video on TVHM instead. But it is a little concerning seeing him die so easy with such a level difference, but again it is only one tree and a bunch of skill points not used (still a little off putting though)
---
- My Games - http://backloggery.com/IronMonkey008
- My Books - http://www.goodreads.com/IronMonkey008
#42PanopictonguyPosted 5/10/2013 12:59:40 PM
IronMonkey008 posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
don't bother, gearbox is allowing the character to be poorly represented. They could have let some of the play testers demo him maxed out in UVHM with an effective build. Then again a large portion of the player base enjoys running around one shotting everything. They probably think people will be more likely to purchase him if he looks OP.

I think that is the problem, they know all people want to ever see is smashing things easy. They aren't going to show him having trouble or your average person wouldn't want to bother. Which I'm sure is why they did the video on TVHM instead. But it is a little concerning seeing him die so easy with such a level difference, but again it is only one tree and a bunch of skill points not used (still a little off putting though)

His trees revolve around having your shields down and taking constant damage. On top of this the players weren't too good at the game. Something tells me he's not the character for your average newb. His entire skill tree looks like Ordered Chaos ( which they say it's modeled after in the Rev3 video) considered to be Gaiges advanced tree. I'm sure a lot of people will buy him on the assumption he's OP. few well use him ( without modded or broken gear) due to technical play.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#43The_Kiriyama(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 1:09:35 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
His trees revolve around having your shields down and taking constant damage. On top of this the players weren't too good at the game. Something tells me he's not the character for your average newb. His entire skill tree looks like Ordered Chaos ( which they say it's modeled after in the Rev3 video) considered to be Gaiges advanced tree. I'm sure a lot of people will buy him on the assumption he's OP. few well use him ( without modded or broken gear) due to technical play.

I agree with you. If you look at all three trees, each one has something that is both a positive and a negative to the way you will play. Much more so than the other characters. The left hand tree is arguably the simplest in terms of difficulty. It doesn't give you any massive negatives, but it does mean if you want to be doing top damage, etc. You need to be constantly killing/damaging, otherwise you just won't be doing that well. The middle tree is massive melee damage, but that damage can also mean you get killed by team-mates, or even by yourself, in trying to melee. While the right hand tree sets you on fire, etc.

Seems to me, that overall, with not one but at least two of these different tree's negatives and positives impacting on the player, only someone who can juggle constant damage received, given, or be able to react quickly to unexpected damage, will be able to use Krieg at high-end raiding. I can't imagine that many players being able to juggle his health at the low end so that he can benefit from all his 'true' damage potential. But time will tell, I imagine.
---
GamerTag: TheKiriyama
Currently Playing: Defiance (UK), Battlefield 3, Borderlands 2, Dark Souls
#44MosgusPosted 5/10/2013 1:15:18 PM
Just read through the whole topic and can't believe no one mentioned his exp was increasing even though he was level 61!
#45davinthegreat98Posted 5/10/2013 1:20:28 PM
geez buzz axe rampage doesn't last nearly as long as i had hoped
---
Not changing this sig until i fix my time machine.
Finished on 8/26/2012
#46The_Kiriyama(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 1:26:13 PM
davinthegreat98 posted...
geez buzz axe rampage doesn't last nearly as long as i had hoped

If you want it to last longer, it lasts longer with a skill from the left hand tree called 'Blood Trance', with all 5 points invested in it, it adds an additional 0.25 of a second, for each stack of Bloodlust, you can have a max of 100 at any one time, so if you had the max, then instead of whatever it is, 15 seconds, it would gain, er... 25 seconds, unless i'm being dumb. I'm not good with maths. Anyway, if that's right, then 40 seconds. That's quite a lot, when you consider Zer0 can only hit once, really, before coming out of Deception, unless you kill the enemy. So, even 15 seconds of constant, high melee damage, striking. Is pretty impressive.
---
#47rest21Posted 5/10/2013 3:33:38 PM
He looks boring, won't be falling for this scam, but for those that do enjoy!
#48The_Kiriyama(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 1:14:26 AM
Saturday today. Just sunday and monday between us and psycho bandit carnage!
---
#49Laylow12Posted 5/11/2013 7:33:12 AM
Word
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin