Loot Online

#1redpeas1Posted 5/10/2013 1:30:39 PM
Hey so just a quick question regarding online play.

I've never actually played Borderlands 2 with more than just myself so I'm thinking of starting to play with others via Xbox Live but one thing that is holding me back is that with 4 players, do people talk about the loot they pick up or is it all just first come first serve.

This isn't so much a problem, but my friend said it gets rather annoying when there's an awesome gun dropped and some guy just swoops in and steals it before he's even got a chance to compare.

So, is that what all you guys usually do or when you're online do you discuss it if you have a mic set?

Thanks!
#2williswrathPosted 5/10/2013 1:35:27 PM
That is what usually happens when you play with randoms, which is why a lot of us only play with friends.
---
PSN WillisWrath
GT Wondrous1
#3The_KiriyamaPosted 5/10/2013 1:38:24 PM
I'm a fair person, but as most anyone will tell you, playing with randoms is a bit dodgy. If I were you, if you're playing with randoms, and you're an upstanding person who will abide by SOME kind of moral compass. Do this -

Run to loot, especially orange/pearlescent, etc. items, like a bat out of hell. Suck it all up into your inventory, and then show it to the other players. Don't deprive them of it, share it out equally and fairly until you're all happy. Because you WILL get buttbags and they are the kinds who will run in, take it all, and vanish from your game. So better to get grabby, and then pass it out fairly, than to see your efforts come to naught.

Its the fairest way of doing it, assuming you have a sense of morals. If you don't, well then you're just that guy that hoovered it all up and vanished. You're a buttbag. You should be the first guy, the one who have a sense of fair play, but at the same time, you're not a sucker who is gonna watch all your stuff vanish along with the buttbag.

Still, you could always play with friends? lol.
---
GamerTag: TheKiriyama
Currently Playing: Defiance (UK), Battlefield 3, Borderlands 2, Dark Souls
#4redpeas1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 2:06:07 PM
As sad as it sounds none of my friends actually have this game that's why I've always been a bit reluctant to play online because I didn't want to play with randoms.

But thank you for your advice, I like to think I have some sense of morality since I know I'd hate it if someone were to steal all the loot and leave the game!
#5capnovanPosted 5/10/2013 2:07:58 PM
my experience online: most don't have a mic (or at least - aren't micced up) and there's almost always a guy like Kiriyama described
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#6The_KiriyamaPosted 5/10/2013 2:08:36 PM
Well if you like mate, yer welcome to add me and i'll play with you. Not JUST yet, cus i've been somewhat starving myself of BL2 lately, so that when Krieg came out, it'd be super fresh eh? But from tuesday, definitely be up for some BL2. So by all means, add me if you like.
---
#7redpeas1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 2:18:29 PM
Thanks, that would be great!

Do you only play with those who have a mic set though because at the moment I don't have one, but I could always buy one.
#8The_KiriyamaPosted 5/10/2013 2:21:39 PM
redpeas1 posted...
Thanks, that would be great!

Do you only play with those who have a mic set though because at the moment I don't have one, but I could always buy one.

Well, I mean, it'd be nice if you DID have a mic, cus y'know, it's not exactly A) easy to co-ordinate stuff without a mic or B) all that fun, without being able to chat, etc. with it. :3 Mind you, my mic was only 20 quid, and its super good quality. So wouldn't cost much.
---
#9redpeas1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 2:33:57 PM
Okay, if I can get some money I'll definitely buy one!

Do you just mess around on it or do you do the campaign or something xD

Sorry this online stuff is alllll new to me!
#10x3kingsheat136xPosted 5/10/2013 2:34:02 PM
I'm doing the same as kirayama if I spelled that right but anyone can add me to play I play alot especially when kreig comes out
---
Now playing: Borderlands 2: Zero- 61 Axton- 61 Salvador- 61 Maya- 61 Gaige- 61