Silence the Voices (Krieg Skill)....I dont get it.

#11MajorHoppyPosted 5/14/2013 5:34:16 PM
Blackphant posted...
I'm kind of unclear on this ability too. When you do accidentally hit yourself, is it for your full melee damage? If you have tons of melee boosts do you end up just downing yourself in one blow sometimes by accident?

I think that that is the point of the self inflicted damage. Since Krieg's fight for your life is different than every other character it makes sense that he would be a kind of cycle character. What I mean by that is that he is a kind of self-perpetuating character if your levels are high enough.
---
I just cant sit any other way than this. If I sit the way other people do, my reasoning ability drops by 40%.
#12SandalFuryPosted 5/19/2013 9:01:48 PM
Do you guys just not realize how massive the bonus is?
---
He doesn't row!
#13ShAd0wF1amEPosted 5/19/2013 9:13:09 PM
The chance you have to hit yourself is 12% for every level.

When it happens you get a short animation of ~2seconds where Krieg stares at his axe for a bit then smacks himself in the face. Afterward you have a really bothersome blur for a few seconds.

You do NOT hit yourself for full melee damage, in fact the damage you hit yourself for is considerably low. The only reason this skill will "kill" you is that when it happens, you're completely vulnerable for a few seconds. Sometimes you'll get damaged so much (to less than 10% of your health) during that time that the hit will actually down you.

Note that the damage you hit yourself with IS affected by slag... Still not too bad in normal/TVHM, but on UVHM it hurts. I'm also not entirely sure, but I think the damage you do to yourself is boosted a bit in UVHM. I'm only going by what I see in the corner of my eye, but it seems sometimes it's pretty high damage and others it's the normal low damage.

Conclusion: Hitting yourself is annoying, but the damage boost is pretty damn big. I say it's worth it.
---
XBL GT: ShAd0wF1AmE (that's a zero in ShAd0w, not an O)
#14Wallcrawler8878Posted 5/19/2013 9:47:50 PM
Its WELL worth it.

I have it buffed with a com to 10/5, which comes out to 500% bonus damage.

Combined with BAXR, thats 1000% melee damage, before any other melee boosts from the com itself, or relics are added.

Trust me, when youre 2-shotting everything in your path, you'll accept the occaisional self-abuse. Sometimes it happens at a bad time as mentioned, but thats just what makes Krieg different from the other characters.

Typicly, I end up putting myself into Light The Fuse, getting a kill with that for a second wind, coming back with just low enough health to trigger Release the Beast, and Im back in business slaughtering hordes of enemies again.

Once you reach level 57 and you can combine RtB with Bloodsplosion....heh. Look out.
#15Four SkullsPosted 5/20/2013 6:41:23 AM
I think it happens way more often than the 12% would lead you to believe. I had it happen to me twice in a row during one Rampage as I was making my way through Hero's Pass.
#16Obnoxious_FrogPosted 5/20/2013 6:59:21 AM
Four Skulls posted...
I think it happens way more often than the 12% would lead you to believe. I had it happen to me twice in a row during one Rampage as I was making my way through Hero's Pass.

I have the absolute worst luck with when it decides to backfire and how often. It's still a great skill, though. I love it in concept and practice.
---
"What's wrong with your face?" ~ Plinkett
#17ultimakewlPosted 5/20/2013 7:11:37 AM
Kamden_T posted...
ultimakewl posted...
i really dont understand why there is any chance to hit yourself

skills are meant to help you, not hinder you

kreig is the only one that has a skill with an intended downside for no reason
it makes no sense to have it do that

Because he is a Psycho with split personalities, He hit's himself to......wait for it.......wait for it......"Silence the Voices"........

i understand the logic behind it for a psycho.. and i get the name
but when you compare it to the 5 other characters and their skills
its not fair to give him a skill with an intended downside when none of the others have a skill like that
as much as it makes sense for him, it needlessly disadvantages him to the other characters
---
im sure i could find more reasons to disregard everything you said as the incoherent ramblings of a 7 year old with no friends but i dont have the time
#18Obnoxious_FrogPosted 5/20/2013 8:05:19 AM
ultimakewl posted...
Kamden_T posted...
ultimakewl posted...
i really dont understand why there is any chance to hit yourself

skills are meant to help you, not hinder you

kreig is the only one that has a skill with an intended downside for no reason
it makes no sense to have it do that

Because he is a Psycho with split personalities, He hit's himself to......wait for it.......wait for it......"Silence the Voices"........

i understand the logic behind it for a psycho.. and i get the name
but when you compare it to the 5 other characters and their skills
its not fair to give him a skill with an intended downside when none of the others have a skill like that
as much as it makes sense for him, it needlessly disadvantages him to the other characters

It's not entirely a downside, though. It can help recharge BXR, initiate Light The Fuse, drop your shield or keep it dropped for roid damage or Salt The Wound, etc.

I see it like Gaige's Smaller, Lighter, Faster. Taken by itself, reduced magazine size is a bad thing, but it's there for Anarchy.
---
"What's wrong with your face?" ~ Plinkett
#19BansheeNTDmodePosted 5/20/2013 8:37:06 AM
I was wondering why i hit myself and my screen turned pink. But it only hit myself after 8 times i meleed. Im guessing its to recharge your rage bar?
#20Bones_McGeePosted 5/20/2013 8:57:07 AM
Mechro and her Anarchy tree hurt/help the character.
---
GT: The FN Man1