Silence the Voices (Krieg Skill)....I dont get it.

#21TeamLexanaPosted 5/20/2013 9:05:57 AM
ultimakewl posted...
i really dont understand why there is any chance to hit yourself

skills are meant to help you, not hinder you

kreig is the only one that has a skill with an intended downside for no reason
it makes no sense to have it do that

I am guessing that skill with the FF skill, is probably to give a solid way to down his health to hit that 33% health sweetspot to go into the beast mode thing and to give players plenty of opportunities to use the lame light the fuse skill as well.

I personally think its dumb, but some peeps like it, so to each their own.
#22xboxBUNZILLAPosted 5/20/2013 10:04:18 AM
Mister_Vanilla posted...
http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Krieg

So, melee damage goes up 50% per level with a 12% chance of smacking yourself in the face.

After 5 levels....250%, 60 percent chance of self-whacking. This is 40% chance of hitting an actual enemy, and hitting 250% only 40% of the time is....100%.

So, its a complete wash, EXCEPT.... you lose health everytime you face whack.

So, basically, it doesnt do anything but cause you pain.

Help me out here! Im thinking of a Hellborn/ Mania build but I just cant wrap my mind around this!

/if my math is way off, forgive. Its very time for bed.

do you even math bro?
---
my name soars when mentioned, thats the end of it.. you prolly wanna show me gratitude.. dont mention it.
#23HighUlitmaPosted 5/20/2013 10:19:24 AM
Its a melee damage increase, with a static chance to hit yourself. However, the self damage is increased by Silence the Voices own effect. I personally don't like it, but I know other people do.
#24IBKNAWTUPosted 5/20/2013 10:42:25 AM
xboxBUNZILLA posted...
Mister_Vanilla posted...

So, melee damage goes up 50% per level with a 12% chance of smacking yourself in the face.

After 5 levels....250%, 60 percent chance of self-whacking. This is 40% chance of hitting an actual enemy, and hitting 250% only 40% of the time is....100%.

Help me out here! Im thinking of a Hellborn/ Mania build but I just cant wrap my mind around this!

do you even math bro?

Yes he does. The math is fine, but the understanding of the skill is wrong.
---
Gabe: Reality has exiled you, you are no longer bound by its laws. - HoboSpartan
#25duericPosted 5/20/2013 1:09:06 PM
I think people need to try out skills more. If you don't have the character, watch a video or two.

The skill CAN down you, but it hardly does. I think people are forgetting it also buffs the thrown axe as well. Sure, it's not nearly as high as a melee swing, but it's still pretty huge when you add dynamite and the explosive buff to it.

Besides, if you're going for a melee build, where else are you putting the points?

The main force behind the hate is, it's much more memorable the one time you get downed by it, than the 1000 you don't.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#26SandalFuryPosted 5/20/2013 2:37:49 PM
ultimakewl posted...
Kamden_T posted...
ultimakewl posted...
i really dont understand why there is any chance to hit yourself

skills are meant to help you, not hinder you

kreig is the only one that has a skill with an intended downside for no reason
it makes no sense to have it do that

Because he is a Psycho with split personalities, He hit's himself to......wait for it.......wait for it......"Silence the Voices"........

i understand the logic behind it for a psycho.. and i get the name
but when you compare it to the 5 other characters and their skills
its not fair to give him a skill with an intended downside when none of the others have a skill like that
as much as it makes sense for him, it needlessly disadvantages him to the other characters

You don't seem to understand how incredibly huge that damage bonus is. No one else has a skill like that because their skills don't need to be balanced in the same way.
---
He doesn't row!
#27SaintVanillaPosted 5/20/2013 4:09:45 PM
IBKNAWTU posted...
xboxBUNZILLA posted...
Mister_Vanilla posted...

do you even math bro?

Yes he does. The math is fine, but the understanding of the skill is wrong.

I was going to post a rude reply to that guy, but saw yours and decided I would rather be thankful than resentful. So thank you.

And I am very okay with being wrong on the concept, as its preferable to the skill making no sense at all.

/I got canonized into a Saint.
//So I got that going for me.
---
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies likes a banana.
#28Four SkullsPosted 5/21/2013 6:14:07 AM
After a night of hard playing, I have to say I hate this skill. I'll still keep it because of the bonus, but I'm really getting tired of getting dropped into LtF because of the kickback. There's nothing more frustrating than when you're in Beast mode trying to kill a mob of enemies, only to down yourself. At one point I hit myself 3 times in a row trying to kill an Battle Architect.
#29tanthourPosted 5/21/2013 6:38:14 AM
Used it for a couple hours, realized how much I dislike it (or I just get unlucky).

I'm only on my first playthrough with Krieg, but I'm able to one shot more or less all enemies as a level 31 so far, when in rampage WITHOUT putting points into Silence the Voices. I'm assuming that once I get to playthrough two it will start to take 2-3 hits, but that's fine with me. Plus it seems like I hit myself a lot more than 12% should affect me, there were times where I hit myself 3 times straight.
#30NoklyPosted 5/23/2013 12:54:45 PM
I really don't get the hate behind this skill. I love it.
Sure, it's annoying when you smack yourself in the face five times in a row (which has happened to me) but I actually really love this skill. It just adds to the playstyle of Kreig. It's a gamble to take the skill. But I think it's worth it, no matter how many times I put myself in LtF (which I also love and also can't understand the hate behind. :S).