Anyone else think the gold keys, free loot in sanctuary is bad for the game

#1SonyHoundDawgPosted 5/13/2013 11:21:32 AM
I was replayed BL1 this weekend and you get so much more satisfying loot while out fighting.

In BL2, usually you get a nice purple from the box and nothing you actually loot beats it. Kinda defeats the purpose of a loot game. Now obviously at the end game youll get better loot, but going from like 1-50 its easy to just to get purples out of the box and you can easily get a crapton of keys.

Diablo 3 did the same thing. They put that BS auction house, messed up the loot so the only way to get something really good was to buy.
#2DethuliPosted 5/13/2013 11:32:53 AM
I don't know. I don't collect or use gold keys, but my friends do. They have never gotten anything from the gold chest that was worth keeping for long, with one exception. One of my buddies who mains Gaige got a lv. 50 Tediore electric plasma caster from the gold chest; he still uses it, but prefers my Dahl electric plasma caster of the same level. I don't think its bad for the game, I just think its pointless for purples. If the chest spawned gold items however...
---
Got a minute? You might learn something.
#3LaharPosted 5/13/2013 11:33:25 AM
The gold chest can give plenty of crap. Useless blue relics; grenade mods and shields you don't want; class mods that aren't for your character; E-techs when you just want a solid normal gun; almost anything Dahl.
---
It's raining
luggage and babies and limbs and Daddy doesn't come home.
#4spfurm01Posted 5/13/2013 11:35:01 AM
Loot haven > golden key chest

BL1 was way worse about handing out free loot
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#5Bonezy_BPosted 5/13/2013 12:03:53 PM
i don't think its a bad thing cause i've used 25+ keys from all the shift code things and i've prettymuch never gotten anything good, i got a lvl 61 corrosive assault rifle that is ok but its nothing special, i get way better loot out in the field, it's just worth a try to see if i get something worth using just like the slot machines.
#6drake_skullPosted 5/13/2013 12:05:42 PM
Golden Key chest loot is mediocre at best, the only worthwhile loot in BL2 is Oranges or pearls. Some E Techs as well and Uniques. Everything else just falls short.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#7Kpt_KapowskiPosted 5/13/2013 12:31:15 PM
drake_skull posted...
Golden Key chest loot is mediocre at best, the only worthwhile loot in BL2 is Oranges or pearls. Some E Techs as well and Uniques. Everything else just falls short.

lmfao
---
Borderlands 2 non modded/exploited/farmed BAR: 273,775,196
#8drake_skullPosted 5/13/2013 12:37:15 PM
Purple, non unique blues and greens are just useless once you get specific Uniques, Plasma Casters(and some of the RPG's) or most legendaries. Even higher level purple gear is not as strong. The Gold key chest is only decent at lower levels(I would say 25 or lower or when you first start TVHM maybe unless you got an equal to your level orange.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#9Kpt_KapowskiPosted 5/13/2013 12:47:17 PM
drake_skull posted...
Purple, non unique blues and greens are just useless once you get specific Uniques, Plasma Casters(and some of the RPG's) or most legendaries. Even higher level purple gear is not as strong. The Gold key chest is only decent at lower levels(I would say 25 or lower or when you first start TVHM maybe unless you got an equal to your level orange.

lmfao
---
Borderlands 2 non modded/exploited/farmed BAR: 273,775,196
#10stickboy2323Posted 5/13/2013 6:52:43 PM
drake_skull posted...

There are so many good weapons that are not unique, legendary, or pearlescent.

Any shotgun with a torque barrel. Any AR with the Vladof triple barrel. Any sniper with the Jakobs barrel. Blue class mods are almost always better than purples.

Sounds like you need to experiment with weapons more.
---
Badass Rank: 0