Tips for a Borderlands noob?

#1liam_000Posted 5/14/2013 11:33:00 AM
Ive just bought Borderlands 2, having not played Borderlands 1 i was hoping you guys might have a few tips i could use in my adventures through Pandora. All are welcome, no matter how simple they might sound. Should i focus on one set of the skill tree or all 3?

The game is installing now so i haven't even picked a character yet, in your opinion who have you had the most fun playing as?
---
gamertag; OozyCrayfish
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the whole ******* world.
#2killbot357Posted 5/14/2013 11:34:19 AM
Focus on one skill tree until you get a capstone skill, then do as you like. By that point, you should have a good idea of what works and what doesn't.

Who are you planning to play as? It'd be easier to give you advice if we had some idea of your character and build ideas.

Hey have fun!
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Borderlands 2, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers
#3KellyRipyaPosted 5/14/2013 11:36:25 AM
Fire weapons on flesh, electric weapons on shields, corrosives on Armor.
---
All those moments will be lost in time, like Evisceration Rubi's in Borderlands 2.
GT: Althea N Hell
#4liam_000(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 11:39:13 AM
Capstone skill? is that the very last skill in the set?

Like i say im a complete noob, i don't have enough info on the skill trees to think about builds yet. Was thinking about Zero, but have heard a few negative things about him. Might just end up as the soldier guy for my first playthrough.
---
gamertag; OozyCrayfish
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the whole ******* world.
#5killbot357Posted 5/14/2013 11:43:28 AM
liam_000 posted...

Correct.

Like i say im a complete noob, i don't have enough info on the skill trees to think about builds yet. Was thinking about Zero, but have heard a few negative things about him. Might just end up as the soldier guy for my first playthrough.

I'd recommend Axton. Zer0's harder to play, and I don't recommend it for new players.
---
Currently playing: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Borderlands 2, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers
#6liam_000(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 11:44:41 AM
What is it about him that people dont like?
---
gamertag; OozyCrayfish
#7SeekAndDestroy2Posted 5/14/2013 11:46:32 AM
liam_000 posted...

Zero is pretty cool and fun to play as but he doesn't have very much health so I would suggest playing as Axton the commando (great all around character, good for beginners) or Maya the siren for crazy elemental damage. But pick whoever looks like the most fun to you, and have fun Borderlands is an awesome series hope you enjoy.
---
PSN & GT: darkstar5577
#8killbot357Posted 5/14/2013 11:49:22 AM
liam_000 posted...

People like Zer0 fine, he's just more difficult to play than someone like Axton or Gaige.

That said, don't let this recommendation keep you from trying him if you want.
---
#9SeekAndDestroy2Posted 5/14/2013 12:07:13 PM
liam_000 posted...

Well to be more specific he is a harder character to play but can be very powerful in the right hands. He doesn't have too much health and lacks health regen unless you have points in a certain skill. At first his action skill may seem pretty underwhelming but with Kunai and execute it can do serious damage. Another thing is that if you want to play him as a melee character you will need to have a melee build and some melee gear. He can be pretty gear dependent which is isn't a problem later on but may make him harder to use at first. Axton for instance can still do lots of damage and take more hits even without great gear thanks to his turrets. But if zero sounds like a lot of fun don't be afraid to try him out.
---
PSN & GT: darkstar5577