How long until people start crying for a refund on Krieg?

#21kylekillgannonPosted 5/14/2013 3:30:03 PM
I have to admit, though. One of the most vapid complaints against a character is the fact that he can't ultimately solo bosses that by the designer's intent were not meant to be done solo. Unfortunately, with the balancing of the game we play that means he's in a form of secondary citizenship among the other characters.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#22EX_KoakumaPosted 5/14/2013 3:36:23 PM
Kamden_T posted...
ProdigalDragon posted...
Kamden_T posted...

Option 3. Quit complaining like entitled little girls and game on.

When I purchase something you're absolutely correct in your keen observation of my attitude of entitlement.

So you just suck it up when you get ripped off?

How was I ripped off again? Oh that's right, I was shown a character that his action skill was wielding a Buzz Ax and throwing it and causing massive fire damage close to his proximity, and he was shown in every video before release fighting enemies 11 level's lower.......I was ripped off because I can not insta-kill raid bosses that were designed with the intention of having multiple people fighting him.........I gotta go contact the BBB and file a complaint.....

No, it's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNhy_7oEz4w

Admittedly, the not being able to solo raid bosses should have been expected. Actually a lot of problems I anticipated, but the Rapier doing more damage than BXR is... what? Who the hell thought this was a good idea? That's gotta be an oversight.
---
http://puu.sh/2MzYG.png
#23Flame_Hound173Posted 5/14/2013 3:45:40 PM
Yes, re-balance a melee(Buzz Ax) and fire dominate character because it wasn't what was expected. I can not 1-3 hit kill bosses that were meant to be fought with 3-4 people, and never mind the fact that everything that was released about him was shown that he was strictly a Buzz Ax and fire predominant character. Plus every video shown of him before release was a level 61+ fighting level 50 enemies.

Well, what I expected was a character that:

A. Was able to buff himself through his stacking ability,
B. Would be a viable melee character that could hold his own,
C. Would have good crowd control and even more buffing through a unique mechanic of lighting yourself on fire,
D. Would be able to take out small enemies with ease and possibly hold his own against raid bosses, not one shot them.

Now, I don't know about Bloodlust and Hellborn, but after watching a few of StormWolf's and Bahroo's videos on Krieg and his Mania tree, plus the overall comments I've heard about his mechanics, my expectations have not been met.

Am I disappointed? Yes.
Am I going to ask for a refund? No.
Will I make my disappointment known with the hopes that GBX may do something about it, however unlikely it may be? Sure.

I had hopes for Krieg, and I still do, but only if GBX takes action and listens to the people who were disappointed with Krieg. I know it's impossible to satisfy everyone, but from what I'm hearing, it seems like the majority of people are not satisfied.

One last thing: if a Lv. 61 character goes against Lv. 50 characters who are much weaker than him, do you think that is a good representation of the character's full potential?

If I am uninformed in any way, someone please feel free to enlighten me, because the last thing I want to be is ignorant and seem like an idiot for not knowing what I am talking about.
---
-"A pessimist is what an optimist calls a realist."
#24Kamden_TPosted 5/14/2013 3:48:08 PM
@EX_Koakuma

I do believe that was/is an oversight....and just remember evil smasher......that was taken care of. So I have faith and will not jump on message boards to complain(not saying you are) on the DAY of his release.
---
Will the real Kaboom please shut up??!!??!!??!!
#25Kamden_TPosted 5/14/2013 3:51:01 PM
Flame_Hound173 posted...
Yes, re-balance a melee(Buzz Ax) and fire dominate character because it wasn't what was expected. I can not 1-3 hit kill bosses that were meant to be fought with 3-4 people, and never mind the fact that everything that was released about him was shown that he was strictly a Buzz Ax and fire predominant character. Plus every video shown of him before release was a level 61+ fighting level 50 enemies.

C. Would have good crowd control and even more buffing through a unique mechanic of lighting yourself on fire,
D. Would be able to take out small enemies with ease and possibly hold his own against raid bosses, not one shot them.

Now, I don't know about Bloodlust and Hellborn, but after watching a few of StormWolf's and Bahroo's videos on Krieg and his Mania tree, plus the overall comments I've heard about his mechanics, my expectations have not been met.

Am I disappointed? Yes.
Will I make my disappointment known with the hopes that GBX may do something about it, however unlikely it may be? Sure.

I had hopes for Krieg, and I still do, but only if GBX takes action and listens to the people who were disappointed with Krieg. I know it's impossible to satisfy everyone, but from what I'm hearing, it seems like the majority of people are not satisfied.

One last thing: if a Lv. 61 character goes against Lv. 50 characters who are much weaker than him, do you think that is a good representation of the character's full potential?

If I am uninformed in any way, someone please feel free to enlighten me, because the last thing I want to be is ignorant and seem like an idiot for not knowing what I am talking about.

So something not meeting your expectation's is "broken" or a rip off?

As for the video "showcasing" Krieg against enemies 11 level's lower: I am saying that how could anyone have watched that and had high hopes of him being some Bad Ass character?
---
Will the real Kaboom please shut up??!!??!!??!!
#26SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 5/14/2013 4:01:09 PM
Kamden_T posted...
Flame_Hound173 posted...

Am I disappointed? Yes.

As for the video "showcasing" Krieg against enemies 11 level's lower: I am saying that how could anyone have watched that and had high hopes of him being some Bad Ass character?

I'm just going to assume that you're playing devils advocate here.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#27Flame_Hound173Posted 5/14/2013 4:22:26 PM(edited)

If I may explain, I do not believe that Krieg is "broken". I feel as though some of his skills do not work as intended or to their fullest extent. My definition of "broken" would be that his skills would not work as intended to the point of the character being unplayable. However, I feel as though compared to the other playable characters, his abilities and skills pale in comparison.
I believe that Krieg is a good idea on paper, but I also feel the execution was flawed, which is why I am hoping for GBX to re-balance him. I did use the word "fix", which implies that I believe he is broken. That is not the case, and I do not wish to mislead. I also do not think that Krieg is a rip-off. I believe that he has the potential to be a powerful character. Not overpowered, but powerful. But right now, I feel that this is not the case.

Another good point you brought up is the video. To me, the way you had mentioned it before, I thought you were defending Krieg in the situations where he was being showcased as a Lv. 61 fighting Lv. 50 enemies. I have not seen said video(s), so I cannot make any comments in regards to this.

I do not mean to offend, I only hope to get my point across clearly.
---
-"A pessimist is what an optimist calls a realist."
#28MajorHoppyPosted 5/14/2013 4:23:44 PM
Tsuruke posted...
fseperent posted...
I'm voting never.
Not because of how Krieg works, but because of the sheer lack of times people get refunds from gaming companies, despite how deserved, or undeserved, it is.
Everyone who has waited for Krieg has, more than likely, seen at least one of the promo videos, giving them an idea of what to expect.

lol the poll isn't about how many people will get refunds, but how long will it take for them to complain.

People will complain regardless of whether or not the new character is any good or not. You of all people should know that.
---
I just cant sit any other way than this. If I sit the way other people do, my reasoning ability drops by 40%.
#29ProdigalDragonPosted 5/14/2013 4:41:06 PM
Just to be clear, I don't care if he's over powered or not. But what I do care about is 200% melee damage somehow being greater than 500%. So me purchasing this character for a MELEE build becomes... what's the word... "irrelavant."

It's just sloppy and unprofessional. It's like a burger joint selling a 1/2 pound burger that's smaller than their quarter pounder.

I've calmed down a bit since I first posted but the facts remain. And this is unacceptable.
---
The Prodigal Dragon
#30TsurukePosted 5/14/2013 5:12:28 PM(edited)
MajorHoppy posted...
Tsuruke posted...
lol the poll isn't about how many people will get refunds, but how long will it take for them to complain.

People will complain regardless of whether or not the new character is any good or not. You of all people should know that.

lol that is true, but I'm not exactly sure what you are insinuating.
(If you are insinuating something about me -- my whole BAR vs BXR thing -- then I fail to see how that is relevant since it wasn't a complaint but more of an advising awareness when some went on a tangent while I would happily oblige with a response.)

Otherwise, care to enlighten me please?