What's Krieg good at?

#11kylekillgannonPosted 5/14/2013 9:41:48 PM
Ritalinfiend posted...
kylekillgannon posted...
St0ve1 posted...
( I think he is mad fun, but everyone listens to storm, so meh)

This is the basic problem. One guy can't millisecond kill Terramorphous means that the entire DLC is garbage to everyone here.

He's good at exploding and slapping **** while exploding. And he can explode for awhile.

I certainly don't think he should be able to one shot a raid boss. I was just wondering if there was an area he excelled at like all of the other classes. Not so much, what he does, but what roll does he fill. Solo well? Team player? Boss killer?

He's great at crowd control and support. His trees are all set up well for clearing rooms and he has a great perk for getting someone back in the fight at your expense.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#12hauntbotPosted 5/14/2013 9:42:35 PM
For some reason a lot of people keep trying to downplay his horrible flaws. I don't agree with some of what sw days, I think melee zero is overhyped and not great in standard play. But facts are facts and he did a good job outlining how krieg is just flat out busted when it comes to melee, which was supposed to be one of his main draws. I know I was mainly interested in doing a melee build with krieg since he doesn't have the glass cannon issue, but after seeing how bad it is on him when that's his action skill I'm not going to waste the money and encourage gearbox to treat their fan base like this.
---
go get suspended for shouting at 12yr olds again.~wikkiwis
~truballergamerjammer2013
#13kylekillgannonPosted 5/14/2013 9:44:25 PM
hauntbot posted...
For some reason a lot of people keep trying to downplay his horrible flaws. I don't agree with some of what sw days, I think melee zero is overhyped and not great in standard play. But facts are facts and he did a good job outlining how krieg is just flat out busted when it comes to melee, which was supposed to be one of his main draws. I know I was mainly interested in doing a melee build with krieg since he doesn't have the glass cannon issue, but after seeing how bad it is on him when that's his action skill I'm not going to waste the money and encourage gearbox to treat their fan base like this.

I've always liked you hauntbot.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#14Ritalinfiend(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 9:54:02 PM
kylekillgannon posted...
Ritalinfiend posted...
kylekillgannon posted...
St0ve1 posted...

This is the basic problem. One guy can't millisecond kill Terramorphous means that the entire DLC is garbage to everyone here.

He's good at exploding and slapping **** while exploding. And he can explode for awhile.

I certainly don't think he should be able to one shot a raid boss. I was just wondering if there was an area he excelled at like all of the other classes. Not so much, what he does, but what roll does he fill. Solo well? Team player? Boss killer?

He's great at crowd control and support. His trees are all set up well for clearing rooms and he has a great perk for getting someone back in the fight at your expense.

Cool, so he's more of a group character that can help clear rooms of regular enemies, but probably not the best for solo play?
---
Candy: Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
#15hauntbotPosted 5/14/2013 9:54:40 PM
kylekillgannon posted...
hauntbot posted...

I've always liked you hauntbot.

You aren't half bad yourself kg. And I can see how his bloodlust tree can still be appealing, and even the fire tree, though I've heard there are some issues with certain setups as far as that goes. But when the characters action skill is busted its hard to see the draw. Gaige and death trap have some issues but not enough to break her. Gbx never bothered fixing them. And now all this? It just seems to me like they're getting sloppier with their programming as time goes on. I played with a friend and personally witnessed some of the issues, so this isnt all just "because sw". :/
---
go get suspended for shouting at 12yr olds again.~wikkiwis
~truballergamerjammer2013
#16InfinityZEROPosted 5/15/2013 6:29:39 AM
Ritalinfiend posted...

Cool, so he's more of a group character that can help clear rooms of regular enemies, but probably not the best for solo play?

We've got Maya, Gaige, and Axton to clear regular enemies. And add slag onto them as well (well moreso Maya and Axton). The only thing I'm reading about Krieg right now is to build him up so that you can Flame of the Firehawk enemies.
---
"Learn the lesson that George Lucas fails to learn: despite the fact that you created this series, it doesn't belong in your hands." Langis on Sonic
#17darktonberryPosted 5/15/2013 7:47:18 AM
kylekillgannon posted...
Ritalinfiend posted...
kylekillgannon posted...
St0ve1 posted...

Maya has better crowd control and can kill faster. She also has an instant res that doenst involve her falling on her ass. So he's like a crappy version of Maya? Sounds like $10 dollars well spent.
#18Ritalinfiend(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 3:23:04 PM
darktonberry posted...
kylekillgannon posted...
Ritalinfiend posted...
kylekillgannon posted...
St0ve1 posted...

Maya has better crowd control and can kill faster. She also has an instant res that doenst involve her falling on her ass. So he's like a crappy version of Maya? Sounds like $10 dollars well spent.

So is there anything he does as well as any other class? Not crowd control, not soloing, not bosses, not healing from what I've been reading here. Is there a category I'm missing that he may at least be equal to another character at? Honestly for the extra cash I'd like him to be the best at one thing, but I'd settle for at least as good as another character at something.
---
Candy: Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
#19PanopictonguyPosted 5/15/2013 3:30:30 PM
KellyRipya posted...
Dying A LOT in UVHM from the higher leveled Krieg randoms I've played with tonight. Still, it's been one day and they may really just suck with the character. But they all seem absolutely suicidal to the point where they're in FFYL 90% of the time

That's the whole point of Krieg...>_>

One of his Tier 1 skills is to drop a free Grenade. Imagine going bat**** crazy and running around throwing explosive at everything. Going into LTF mode and blowing things up even more...Then you die...BONUS PACKAGE B****ES!!!

He's a man after Torgue's heart.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#20PanopictonguyPosted 5/15/2013 3:32:29 PM
hauntbot posted...

He's flat out busted when it comes to Melee. But He's still the # 3 or 2 Melee machine in the game. The other 2 characters that compete with him are required to use action skills. He does it all with brawn...while being on fire.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.