If Krieg really is broken.....

#1fakesnoop77Posted 5/15/2013 12:42:16 AM
then I'm glad I decided to wait a while until I max out all other characters.

I'll get him when GBX decide to patch him. I kind of new this would be the case somehow
---
Radiohead are still the best band in the world - fact
#2your other dad sayzPosted 5/15/2013 1:16:03 AM
The only ones who think he is broken are the ones that were expecting another melee Zero. Krieg is his own character with his own style.

I am having a blast with him. I am moments away from attempting to solo Pete, I will let ya know how it goes.
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360), FarCry 3 (Xbox 360)
I'm on one.
#3SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 5/15/2013 1:22:44 AM
your other dad sayz posted...
The only ones who think he is broken are the ones that were expecting another melee Zero. Krieg is his own character with his own style.

I am having a blast with him. I am moments away from attempting to solo Pete, I will let ya know how it goes.

He wouldn't have been another melee Zero. Even if the math was done proper, Zero would still be better.

Assuming that the Rampage doesn't get bonuses from weapons (i.e. rubi, rapier), he would have less survivabiliity against bigger, meatier enemies, such as raid bosses. He would do better in general mobs, though.

However, the fact that the melee bonus from his action skill doesn't affect roid damage means that he's going to be far less effective than first thought.

He could be better. I don't see what's wrong with wanting him to be better. However, I'm having a lot of fun with him in Normal so far, so I don't think he's a waste.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#4Tec187Posted 5/15/2013 1:26:13 AM

I disagree - I expected anything but a new Zer0.
You won't have any issues solo'ing pete, that has nothing to do with broken class or not.
Grab a gun, shoot said gun at pete, and avoid his attacks.
You don't even need to use any action skill on any of the classes to beat pete, so he's an extremely poor example for "proving" anything at all.
There's a reason Pete is considered the easiest raid boss, and a reason everyone farms him.

I don't have Krieg at 61 yet, but the formulas has been proven to be off, which per definition makes him broken. One could argue that some of the other characters are broken as well, that doesn't mean they aren't fun to play.

So no, we don't think he is broken, we know it. But that doesn't mean he can't solo easy-pete.
It just means his action skill is useless for anything except clearing a few trash mobs, simply because you will get more damage and better results from NOT using his action skill.
---
ULCE #: 12.834
~ "I don't need luck, I have ammo" ~ Grunt, ME3
#5fakesnoop77(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 1:32:30 AM
The only ones who think he is broken are the ones that were expecting another melee Zero.

Oh my god if I see another random dude on line running around with Rapier/Rubi/Thumper/Hyde of Terra combo......

No doubt that particular melee build is very, very effective but jeez show some originality for god's sake
---
Radiohead are still the best band in the world - fact
#6your other dad sayzPosted 5/15/2013 1:34:33 AM(edited)
Yes the math is off with his rampage. But it can still be useful if you use it right. Wait until you are at 33% health, use it to immediately heal yourselfand go to town. Immediate cooldown. Rince and repeat.
---
I'm on one.
#7SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 5/15/2013 1:35:20 AM
fakesnoop77 posted...
The only ones who think he is broken are the ones that were expecting another melee Zero.

Oh my god if I see another random dude on line running around with Rapier/Rubi/Thumper/Hyde of Terra combo......

No doubt that particular melee build is very, very effective but jeez show some originality for god's sake

You can't get much variety with melee.

Only other thing is to use a law/order, or spec out of melee.
---
#8your other dad sayzPosted 5/15/2013 1:35:53 AM
Rubi/DP Harold/Flame of the Firehawk for me.
---
I'm on one.
#9Tec187Posted 5/15/2013 1:38:33 AM
Yes the math is off with his rampage. But it can still be useful if you use it right. Wait until you are at 33% health, use it to immediately heal yourselfand go to town. Immediate cooldown. Rince and repeat.

But WHY would you do that when "going to town" withOUT using his action skill will do more damage?
Also, activating action skill below 33% HP every single time is a death sentence in UVHM, even if you were doing it just for the healing. I'd rather just shoot the rubi and continue doing more dps without going into BAR.

It just makes no sense....
---
ULCE #: 12.834
~ "I don't need luck, I have ammo" ~ Grunt, ME3
#10SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 5/15/2013 1:38:39 AM

Sounds like a good idea.

All in all, I'd say he's good, they just need to adjust his math.
---