At some point, did Gearbox do a sweep and delete duped stuff?

#1SandalFuryPosted 5/15/2013 1:30:32 PM
Some time late last year, I somehow accidentally did a guy a favor by letting him get to Sanctuary by joining my game. Apparently he really appreciated it, because he invited me to his game, powerleveled me to 30, and gave me a Conference Call and some mod (the one you get for beating... some kind of epic-type dude. I don't play often, don't know the name). I remember leaving them in the safe, but when I came back few weeks ago, all my cool high level stuff (that I still can't use anyway, my best character is a level 34 assassin) was gone. So did they get rid of duped items?
---
He doesn't row!
#2StormWolf12Posted 5/15/2013 1:31:22 PM
All items are stored on the Shift server now. Anything not a legit drop disappears.
---
"He's the Zer0 we need, not the Zer0 we deserve"
#3FullMetalMegaPosted 5/15/2013 1:35:35 PM
StormWolf12 posted...
All items are stored on the Shift server now. Anything not a legit drop disappears.

That's actually kinda cool if true.
---
GT: Dark Guardian88
3DS FC: 1375-7986-1634
#4Stormkid5Posted 5/15/2013 1:39:33 PM
StormWolf12 posted...

Until I see some proof..

*cough*bull****
---
//NVBM//
Everything above is opinion unless otherwise stated as fact
#5Mr_PopelPosted 5/15/2013 2:21:05 PM
I still have tons of dupes in my safes and inventories ... even duped stuff today for someone no problem ... i honestly don't know what you're talking about :-/
---
Hey i'm not camping ... i'm "tactically waiting" :-D
#6Terminal OmegaPosted 5/15/2013 3:00:42 PM
Any modded, non-legit items that you keep in your character's personal inventory will get deleted after you quit. However, if you put a modded item in your vault storage, the game doesn't check there and it will remain, you just have to remember to drop it off before you exit the game.

Your question regarding duped items doesn't pertain to this. A duped item that could legitimately be obtained (it is actually in the game) will remain even if it was obtained through illicit means (duping). It only checks for items created with stats that aren't in the game's loot tables.
---
GT: Drunken Deity
#7TXbanditoPosted 5/15/2013 3:05:40 PM
did a patch do this or a hot fix?
#8duericPosted 5/15/2013 3:10:51 PM
They did not get rid of duped legit items. In any patch, ever.

A duped item is the same as one given to you. The game doesn't know the difference.

You probably just didn't save right when you had all that stuff.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member