What is Farming?

#11WretchedOwlPosted 5/16/2013 3:37:21 AM
CrossBones3129 posted...
Yeah I figured that's what farming was. Now if I wanted to farm for an infinity pistol, at level 22. Where would I go? Also when farming, do I have to save and quit for the enemies to respawn or just leave the area?

the Infinity is so overrated. Its honestly not even a good gun.
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7421164544/hE47C9A41/
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#12BayouJoePosted 5/16/2013 9:16:06 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#13CrossBones3129(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 8:34:36 PM
WretchedOwl posted...
CrossBones3129 posted...
Yeah I figured that's what farming was. Now if I wanted to farm for an infinity pistol, at level 22. Where would I go? Also when farming, do I have to save and quit for the enemies to respawn or just leave the area?

the Infinity is so overrated. Its honestly not even a good gun.

Well idk what to get then lol. In the whole time I've played I've found 1 orange named gun. Got it from that rat girl, Layne or whatever her name is.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag:
I CrossBones I
#14IcrossfireIPosted 5/16/2013 11:04:12 PM(edited)
You shouldn't farm until you get to max level-if you even decide to. I don't enjoy farming and I wouldn't suggest it because it takes forever and is very frustrating/time consuming. I would use golden keys to get some nice gear. Also-there are alot of people on this forum who would be happy to give you some nice guns. I can dupe some level 45-50 guns for you when you get to that level. As for sniping, I got to the end of the cunning skill tree (I didn't fill it up completely) and then filled up the sniping tree a little less than halfway and then filled up iron hand and something else in bloodshed to increase my max health. It works for me and I still have 11 levels to go now to get to the new level cap.

Throwing kunai with the death blossom skill is really fun and effective so I would suggest it. Unless you like to melee or snipe that is. I like sniping but I can't stand the sway in this game...I wish we could hold our breath while sniping so we didn't have to pray we'd hit something half the time. Also, I loved the idea of zero having a sword but there is no variety in the sword slash animation so it isn't any fun. The trailer leads one to believe its a really cool new feature, but they definitely got lazy with it. This is my opinion-take it with a grain of salt.
---
cR Crossfire
#15CrossBones3129(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 5:24:20 PM
IcrossfireI posted...
You shouldn't farm until you get to max level-if you even decide to. I don't enjoy farming and I wouldn't suggest it because it takes forever and is very frustrating/time consuming. I would use golden keys to get some nice gear. Also-there are alot of people on this forum who would be happy to give you some nice guns. I can dupe some level 45-50 guns for you when you get to that level. As for sniping, I got to the end of the cunning skill tree (I didn't fill it up completely) and then filled up the sniping tree a little less than halfway and then filled up iron hand and something else in bloodshed to increase my max health. It works for me and I still have 11 levels to go now to get to the new level cap.

Throwing kunai with the death blossom skill is really fun and effective so I would suggest it. Unless you like to melee or snipe that is. I like sniping but I can't stand the sway in this game...I wish we could hold our breath while sniping so we didn't have to pray we'd hit something half the time. Also, I loved the idea of zero having a sword but there is no variety in the sword slash animation so it isn't any fun. The trailer leads one to believe its a really cool new feature, but they definitely got lazy with it. This is my opinion-take it with a grain of salt.

I wanted to ask this about gold keys, do the Shift codes unlock certain guns? Or are the guns random? Is it better to save the keys until I reach a higher level so that I get better guns?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag:
I CrossBones I
#16TsurukePosted 5/17/2013 5:36:44 PM
CrossBones3129 posted...
I wanted to ask this about gold keys, do the Shift codes unlock certain guns? Or are the guns random? Is it better to save the keys until I reach a higher level so that I get better guns?

They are random. As far saving them, thats entirely up to you. I would use a few in between so you have good gear to follow through onto TVHM/UVHM bit it wouldnt hurt to save some just in case (for whatever reason)
#17CrossBones3129(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 5:41:12 PM
Tsuruke posted...
CrossBones3129 posted...

They are random. As far saving them, thats entirely up to you. I would use a few in between so you have good gear to follow through onto TVHM/UVHM bit it wouldnt hurt to save some just in case (for whatever reason)

TVHM/UVHM?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag:
I CrossBones I
#18TsurukePosted 5/17/2013 5:47:29 PM
CrossBones3129 posted...
TVHM/UVHM?

True Vault Hunter Mode / Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.