Loot random?

#1Matthewm1988Posted 5/16/2013 9:11:24 AM
Just got thus game and someone I was playing with told me that every bit of loot is random. Any truth to this? If so that's very cool!
#2Stormkid5Posted 5/16/2013 9:15:47 AM
Yep, it's true
---
//NVBM//
Everything above is opinion unless otherwise stated as fact
#3WretchedOwlPosted 5/16/2013 9:20:43 AM
Yes, its all based off a random number generator. It sets values for each available open part slot on the gun, based off of which parts have a chance to occur, and how rare each part variable is.

Its really quite amazing. If you're wondering more about the gun parts, check the sticky topic at the top of the board. It details each manufacturer part for each gun class, and what stats they boost and decrease on the gun.

This may make you very picky about guns. It is a curse, I'm afraid. But when you find that perfect gun... MMM. Its enough to rival the day I hugged Bert McCracken.
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7421164544/hE47C9A41/
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#4Matthewm1988(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 11:48:55 AM
Thanks for the reply, that's awesome. So when opening lockers or chests, while usually finding money, it's possible for a gun to just pop up?
#5chuckleswoodPosted 5/16/2013 11:54:38 AM
Matthewm1988 posted...
Thanks for the reply, that's awesome. So when opening lockers or chests, while usually finding money, it's possible for a gun to just pop up?

Yup
---
"There it is you guys.....Mee-Krob"
#6Jambi_ManPosted 5/16/2013 11:57:08 AM
Matthewm1988 posted...

Yep, you'll find guns, shields, anything in lockers, crates, etc... Just don't expect to find high rarity items from these sources. Blues & up are very rare from them.

Also, there are bosses that have certain legendary gear assigned to them. For example: Knuckledragger can drop the Hornet. It's a great corrosive pistol. He can drop it any time you kill him, and it'll drop about 5% of the time you kill him, on average. Many of the bosses work this way, each with a different legendary to offer.
---
Would you like to do battle with a Brony riding piggyback on a Rabid Stalker? If the answer is no, you are sad, and I've no desire to speak with you further.
#7EddMarioPosted 5/16/2013 12:37:13 PM
Jambi_Man posted...
Matthewm1988 posted...

Yep, you'll find guns, shields, anything in lockers, crates, etc... Just don't expect to find high rarity items from these sources. Blues & up are very rare from them.

Also, there are bosses that have certain legendary gear assigned to them. For example: Knuckledragger can drop the Hornet. It's a great corrosive pistol. He can drop it any time you kill him, and it'll drop about 5% of the time you kill him, on average. Many of the bosses work this way, each with a different legendary to offer.

Just a bit of warning, some bosses are bugged so that their legendary weapons don't drop in True Vault Hunter Mode. Also, Mad Dog is bugged so he shares a loot pool with Madame Von Bartlesby.
---
"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney