Main story and back story questions. *SPOILERS*

#1euklbPosted 5/16/2013 3:04:36 PM
So i have a few questions about Jack and the main story that confused me a little,

From what i gathered jack had put his plan in to motion over a very long time and was even the mastermind behind the first game but before Jack and Hyperion got there the ATLAS corporation was there and before them the DAHL company was,

now am i right in thinking DAHL had no knowledge of the vault what so ever and were there simply to mine with criminal labor and when they left that's how the bandits came to be as they left all the workers behind,

So my first question is what caused DAHL to leave?

Then after DAHL left, ATLAS showed up searching for the vault but the hunters turn up not so long after and almost entirely bankrupt them in there war with them so they cut there losses and left and then finally Hyperion show up and moped up whats left of the resistance,

So my final question is did Jack start his plan after ATLAS got there and only need the vault hunters to get rid of them so he didn't have to or did he not plan for ATLAS showing up at all and it was by pure luck the vault hunters managed to beat them?
---
i dun goofed paa
#2capnovanPosted 5/16/2013 3:12:26 PM
1st question: I believe the planet had been stripped of any valuable resources. I suppose if there was anything left, it just wasn't cost-effective to bother with.

2nd question: good question
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#3HolmcrossPosted 5/16/2013 3:18:55 PM
I think it was Atlas with the Crimson Raiders as an army that forced Dahl off Pandora.

One would imagine that Jack had his plan in place for awhile least with using Angel to control the systems on pandora. The one echos in fyrestone and what she says implys shes been controlled/subverted for years since she probably accidently kerploded her mom. Wasn't he some kind of systems analyst? would have been time enough to read up on vaults and he basically triggered the eridum growth from the first vault.
---
Anything and anyone can fail, but brave good friends help.
#4whitepsychtigerPosted 5/16/2013 5:07:22 PM
I believe Jack wanted to check out the vault himself, but he was too scared so he wanted the vault hunters to check it out, so Angel ended up guiding the vault hunters to the vault, which that followed by the fall of Atlas, and Hyperion's rise in power, which led him to going out and seeking the warrior for near infinite power.
---
GT: PhantomGenetics-----Currently Playing: Dark Souls, MInecraft 360 Current, Defiance Beta
Awaiting: Destiny, Defiance, Dark Souls II and Bioshock: Infinite
#5euklb(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 4:13:03 PM
whitepsychtiger posted...
I believe Jack wanted to check out the vault himself, but he was too scared so he wanted the vault hunters to check it out, so Angel ended up guiding the vault hunters to the vault, which that followed by the fall of Atlas, and Hyperion's rise in power, which led him to going out and seeking the warrior for near infinite power.

so before the events of BL1 ATLAS was the leading power?
---
i dun goofed paa