How does this look for my Krieg Build?

#1RGPanznerPosted 5/17/2013 12:10:43 AM
Still trying to figure it out but this is what I think on paper. Any help would be appreciated

My Mania/Hellborn Build:

http://www.bl2skills.com/psycho.html#00000000000050505000055155520105151
---
XBL GT: Hippeus Omega
#2EX_KoakumaPosted 5/17/2013 1:43:23 AM
You'll probably wanna ditch Silence the Voices. Smacking yourself in the face when your melee is buffed that much isn't fun. And Fuel the Rampage might be worth ditching too. You don't really need the cooldown with Release the Beast since it'll recharge Buzz Axe Rampage instantly. Although if you're not gonna spam Release the Beast, it may be worth keeping, but in co-op your teammates can hurt you pretty badly.

I haven't messed with Hellborn at all yet, but it seems good. Although, I'd take Fire Fiend or Elemental Elation over Burn Baby Burn, but, like I said, I haven't used Hellborn yet. So that's probably better left to someone else.

So this is what you'd be looking at:

http://www.bl2skills.com/psycho.html#00000000000050550500050105520155151
---
http://puu.sh/2HmFk
#3ShAd0wF1amEPosted 5/17/2013 2:30:23 AM(edited)
EX_Koakuma posted...
You'll probably wanna ditch Silence the Voices. Smacking yourself in the face when your melee is buffed that much isn't fun. And Fuel the Rampage might be worth ditching too. You don't really need the cooldown with Release the Beast since it'll recharge Buzz Axe Rampage instantly. Although if you're not gonna spam Release the Beast, it may be worth keeping, but in co-op your teammates can hurt you pretty badly.

I haven't messed with Hellborn at all yet, but it seems good. Although, I'd take Fire Fiend or Elemental Elation over Burn Baby Burn, but, like I said, I haven't used Hellborn yet. So that's probably better left to someone else.

So this is what you'd be looking at:

http://www.bl2skills.com/psycho.html#00000000000050550500050105520155151

A) Have you even tried Silence the Voices? You don't hit yourself hard at all. I hit for ~220k when everything lines up right and Silence the Voices only takes out ~2k of my 21k health. The only real downside is that for about 2 seconds you can't attack, but with Release the Beast + a damage reduction skill from either tree, I can hit myself three times in a row (which has only happened like twice from 26 to 42) and still get a kill. It's a nuisance, but it will rarely, if ever, get you killed.

B) The friendly fire from Fuel the Rampage lets you hurt yourself with explosives. Keep a torpedo rifle and drop yourself to <33% before a fight for a free Release the Beast. When you get the hang of it, you can even pull it off mid battle to literally always stay in Release the Beast.

I don't have much input on Hellborn as I'm going down Bloodlust, but I know this much: A) Hellfire Halitosis is complete trash, not worth the point, sad but true B) Ditch Fuel the Fire for Fire Fiend. That's my two cents.

EDIT: When I mention Silence the Voices and damage reduction, keep in mind I mean hit myself three times while 5 enemies keep shooting me and still get a kill to restore my hp. I actually think it has always hit myself for about 2k since I got the skill, which isn't a lot.
---
XBL GT: ShAd0wF1AmE (that's a zero in ShAd0w, not an O)
#4XcavvvPosted 5/17/2013 4:12:28 AM
Do you even krieg bro?
---
XBL: Xcavvv
#5RGPanzner(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 7:10:38 AM
Xcavvv posted...
Do you even krieg bro?

?
---
XBL GT: Hippeus Omega
#6WretchedOwlPosted 5/17/2013 7:13:24 AM
Silence the Voices can actually come in handy sometimes, believe it or not. Smack myself in the face to get that roid damage goin on!
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7421164544/hE47C9A41/
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#7EX_KoakumaPosted 5/17/2013 12:54:09 PM
ShAd0wF1amE posted...
A) Have you even tried Silence the Voices? You don't hit yourself hard at all. I hit for ~220k when everything lines up right and Silence the Voices only takes out ~2k of my 21k health. The only real downside is that for about 2 seconds you can't attack, but with Release the Beast + a damage reduction skill from either tree, I can hit myself three times in a row (which has only happened like twice from 26 to 42) and still get a kill. It's a nuisance, but it will rarely, if ever, get you killed.

I went to try it out again, and yeah, I was wrong about how much it does to you. My bad. But the way it obscures your vision, aaaah, that makes me nauseous after a while. Also I'm only level 38 right now but... it's not increasing my melee damage by all that much. I can hit roughly 74k on enemies without it, and 94k with it.

ShAd0wF1amE posted...
B) The friendly fire from Fuel the Rampage lets you hurt yourself with explosives. Keep a torpedo rifle and drop yourself to <33% before a fight for a free Release the Beast. When you get the hang of it, you can even pull it off mid battle to literally always stay in Release the Beast.

Honestly, I've never needed to do that as of yet. So far I've been able to use the enemies' damage to stay in Release the Beast. And in those few moments where I'm out of RtB with above 33% health, I always use the Law/Order or Rubi to heal up above 50% health to avoid getting downed and go right back into RtB.
---
#8ShAd0wF1amEPosted 5/17/2013 1:38:43 PM
EX_Koakuma posted...
ShAd0wF1amE posted...

I went to try it out again, and yeah, I was wrong about how much it does to you. My bad. But the way it obscures your vision, aaaah, that makes me nauseous after a while. Also I'm only level 38 right now but... it's not increasing my melee damage by all that much. I can hit roughly 74k on enemies without it, and 94k with it.

ShAd0wF1amE posted...

Honestly, I've never needed to do that as of yet. So far I've been able to use the enemies' damage to stay in Release the Beast. And in those few moments where I'm out of RtB with above 33% health, I always use the Law/Order or Rubi to heal up above 50% health to avoid getting downed and go right back into RtB.

Yeah, the vision blur is a real kicker... But there isn't much else to choose from at that point, and I kind of like how it adds to the psycho theme. Also, the torpedo trick isn't ever really necessary, but it's really helpful when you get the hang of it.
---
#9EX_KoakumaPosted 5/17/2013 1:53:09 PM
Hey, that Fuel the Rampage trick. Is that only with specific kinds of assault rifles? Because I'm able to hurt myself with a Vladof Rocketeer without having a point in it.
---
#10ShAd0wF1amEPosted 5/17/2013 2:18:52 PM
EX_Koakuma posted...
Hey, that Fuel the Rampage trick. Is that only with specific kinds of assault rifles? Because I'm able to hurt myself with a Vladof Rocketeer without having a point in it.

Well I'll be damned, you're right... Fuel the Rampage points are going into Strip the Flesh IMMEDIATELY, lol.
---