Your favorite BL2 vault hunter(s) and why and/or rank them

#1Shadows_Of_FallPosted 5/21/2013 7:07:43 PM
My number one HAS to be Krieg. This guy is insanely fun and, even if the math doesn't make sense at first glance and even if he can't be brokenly OP, he is still more than effective. And, like I said, just incredibly fun to play.

Number two is Axton. It was close between him and Gaige but he won out with his bad-assitude. I love his dual slag and rocket turrets and his just general bad-ass soldier gone rogue attitude.

Gaige. Were Deathtrap a little better she wold probably be my number one. As it stands, Deathtrap LOOKS awesome, he just doesn't...hold up well on UVHM. That said Gaige is just pretty cool and the highschooler turned accidental murderer on the run to the most badass planet is just pretty cool.

Fourth is Maya. I just think sirens are cool. Maxed out Motion and Cataclysm leads to massive explosions of elements, bad-ass elemental wings of destruction and just general phase-locking madness.

Fifth is Salvador. Whilst really fun, I just didn't like him as much as the others. Still though, really fun.

Last place is Zer0. He just never clicked with me. I can see how he's awesome in both 'personality' and gameplay, but he's just not my style.

Interested to see how everyone else feels about the vault hunters/would rank them.
---
Current Games: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Sly 4, Battlefield 3, Team Ico Bundle, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, DmC, Minecraft, 999/Virtues Last Reward
#2killbot357Posted 5/21/2013 7:21:39 PM
Gaige > Maya > Zer0 > everyone else. I don't have much interest in Sal, Axton or Krieg.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers
#3JustinTheJaggedPosted 5/21/2013 7:32:36 PM(edited)
I haven't used Krieg yet as I don't have any points, so I'm not going to rate him.

Out of everyone else:

1. Salvador. Due to his awesome tanking ability and ammo regeneration.
2. Maya. Love her ability to be incredibly durable and heal/revive.
3. Gaige. Would probably top Maya if not for the terrible, terrible screams.
4. Axton. Would be higher if he had something other than a turret and had better passive health regeneration skills.
5. Zer0. Much too fragile for my liking, though I do like his melee and shotgun abilities.

However I do foresee me liking Krieg very much so I could see him taking second or possibly even first place once I get around to buying him.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#4NafzgerPosted 5/21/2013 7:33:28 PM
Sal then Axton...wait no Axton then Sal...wait...

I haven't played as anyone else. I don't like women or ninjas, so that only leaves me with Krieg.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#5kylekillgannonPosted 5/21/2013 7:35:10 PM
Handsome Jack

Salvador
Maya
Axton
Krieg
Gaige
Zero
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#6killbot357Posted 5/21/2013 7:37:47 PM
kylekillgannon posted...
Handsome Jack

Salvador
Maya
Axton
Krieg
Gaige
Zero

Handsome Jack isn't a vault hunter Kyle
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers
#7Dr_GlorydaysPosted 5/21/2013 7:44:01 PM
1. Gaige: There is just something so damn satisfying about watching your enemies melt from sheer electrical damage.
2. Krieg: Using the DoT from his Hellborn Tree to keep my Bloodlust stacks up works so incredibly well. I'm also a sucker for elemental themed builds.
3. Maya/Zero: I can't really choose between the two here. I've gotten both into the high 50's, but have since abandoned them to play as Krieg. Zero is fun, but can be kind of repetitive; Maya is less fun, but is a lot less repetitive.
4. Sal/Axton: Haven't played as either
---
it is regular strumming, but instead of a pick, or your fingers, you use a slice of cheesecake.. it gets prety messy, therefore: dirty strumming. ~ kazater
#8kylekillgannonPosted 5/21/2013 7:53:40 PM
killbot357 posted...
kylekillgannon posted...
Handsome Jack

Salvador
Maya
Axton
Krieg
Gaige
Zero

Handsome Jack isn't a vault hunter Kyle

He was out to access a vault, was he not? He was a Vault Hunter, just one playing against you. And he was still my favorite.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#9SqawksPosted 5/21/2013 8:19:40 PM
#1 - Axton - When I first played BL 2, I went with Axton. I don't regret it, as I learned the basics of the game with the 'beginner' character. Having health recover upon full shields meant that I almost always entered most encounters prepared, and able to revive co-op partners whenever they went into FFYL with enemies still alive.

HIs turret is also my favorite action skill, great for thinning out crowds and hitting buzzards with heavy fire. It has saved my life many times, and sometimes died in the process doing so.

#2 - Maya - Phaselock, while not as flexible as the turret, is very useful when you need to stop an enemy so that you can regain your shield. A fast cooldown rate makes it a very useful ability to rock when multiple targets are present.

#3 - Tie between Zer0 and Salvador - I admit, I'm not very good with these two guys, and only played with them for their achievements before giving up.

Can't say anything about Krieg or Gaige because I don't have them, but they'd probably be worth playing through the story at least.
---
The official Howard the Duck of the MvC3 board!
#10FalloutgenuisPosted 5/21/2013 8:22:49 PM
Krieg- Cool skills, awesome dialogue.
Gunzerker- Go's all out on enemies and is a blast like Krieg.
Zero- Slower paced the way I play with him. Slightly less fun than the other two.

Haven't played the rest.
---
Wub!
GT: RAW DJ