Torgue + Close Enough?

#1DRCEQPosted 5/23/2013 9:55:43 AM
Does CE work with Torgue weapons? Or explosives in general? I'm told that it does, but my Gaige has fired countless thousands of Torgue bullets, and never once have I seen a bullet reflect. With a 50% chance of it hapoening, it's damn near impossible for it to not work at least once.

One player I'm discussing with claims that he can get his Torgue guns to ricochet all the time. I'm currently using a Torgue pistol- I forget its name- that fires 7 explosive shots at once, and they fan outward as they travel further. Its one of my best guns to use for loot midget farming, and with that many bullets, I surely would have seen one bounce off a wall at some point.
---
Meowahaha! Madness, Genius, the only difference between them is success! - Taokaka, Blaz Blue Continuum Shift
Motoko Kusanagi is my goddess!
#2JustinTheJaggedPosted 5/23/2013 10:17:07 AM
It didn't work when I tried it either, so I don't know. But I'm leaning towards no in my experience.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#3hybrid_5tigmataPosted 5/23/2013 10:24:09 AM
They usually work for me(the ravager shotgun with gaige=GG) but theres a few weapons (like the pocket rocket among others) that wont work. Same with spiker pistols
---
Thank you Based God
#4hybrid_5tigmataPosted 5/23/2013 10:27:06 AM
And since your using the unkempt harold. If it doesnt show the bullet count on the card, then it will only ricochet 1-2 of the shots(since your firing 10~ shots but only the original bullet is the one that ricochets) . Same thing with the pitchfork, sandhawk etc.
---
Thank you Based God
#5StormWolf12Posted 5/23/2013 10:28:24 AM
Close enough doesn't work with weapons that explode on contact. This includes Torgue weapons, some etechs, launchers, and some other unique weapons.
---
"He's the Zer0 we need, not the Zer0 we deserve"
#6ApolloAntonPosted 5/23/2013 10:29:18 AM
I think it doesn't work with the harold or any other guns with a set firing spread (heartbreaker, sand hawk)
#7LordRavielPosted 5/23/2013 10:38:35 AM
Torgue Weapons can definitely be affected by Close Enough. I don't know if the chance is lower though. I know for a fact that after the Harold spits the shots wont be affected but if you shoot the floor or a nearby wall with it so it hits the surface before splitting it will have a chance to bounce towards an enemy and then split as usual.
---
Playing: Borderlands 2 and Final Fantasy XI