leveling up a hellborn Krieg

#1sinisterorionPosted 6/4/2013 10:28:40 AM(edited)
I'm starting another Krieg and decided to go hellborn to play around with that tree and see what it's like. I have a pretty good idea of where I want to be with him in my forties + but I'm rather curious which points I should focus more on early on.
There's plenty of late game builds but I would love some suggestions and ideas from other people when it come's to leveling him.

1. Is it better to go with burn baby burn or fuel the fire until I get to delusional damage?

Once I hit level 20 I'll be able to use the legendary psycho mod I found so I can have a little bit of both burn baby burn and fuel the fire but then i'm wondering which points I should get until I finish that tree and can go back for more skills.

2. I imagine elemental elation is something I would want for sure right?

3. I'll probably skip flame flare as I've heard it's not necessary so should I go fire fiend or pain is power?

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great or if you can make a tree for me up to level 31 of what you did with hellborn leveling up I would really appreciate it.
#2TrazielPosted 6/4/2013 10:49:25 AM
If I'm dedicated to hellborn I pick up every skill except halitosis.

Elemental elation and fuel the fire are optional though. I usually just put 1 point in fuel cause of the legendary mod.

Flame Flare is also unnecessary because with delusional damage and fuel the fire almost any elemental weapon you fire will proc you into a fireball. And once you're on fire, raving retribution is going off which is also keeping you and enemies aflame.

My opinions. If you plan on mixing your trees, fuel the fire, elemental elation, and flame flare are the skills I pull points from to put elsewhere. Everything else, to me, is just too synergized to let go.
---
Gamertag: LaGrimm
Now Playing: Borderlands 2, ASC: Brotherhood, Halo 4
#3sinisterorion(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2013 10:58:17 AM
Traziel posted...
If I'm dedicated to hellborn I pick up every skill except halitosis.

Elemental elation and fuel the fire are optional though. I usually just put 1 point in fuel cause of the legendary mod.

Flame Flare is also unnecessary because with delusional damage and fuel the fire almost any elemental weapon you fire will proc you into a fireball. And once you're on fire, raving retribution is going off which is also keeping you and enemies aflame.

My opinions. If you plan on mixing your trees, fuel the fire, elemental elation, and flame flare are the skills I pull points from to put elsewhere. Everything else, to me, is just too synergized to let go.

I plan on getting almost all the hellborn skills eventually, I was just mainly asking which ones to prioritize while I'm leveling him up early on in the game. So as I'm leveling up (pre 31), your saying not to worry about fuel the fire and elemental elation and go with burn baby burn, numbed nerves, pain is power, fire fiend and elemental empathy?
#4sinisterorion(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2013 2:05:37 PM
I do have another question, when dealing with enemies that are immune to fire, delusional damage will be handy to still be able to set yourself on fire, but will that help with any other skills or are a lot of my skills like burn baby burn and fire fiends melee ignition not gonna be as useful against those enemies?
#5AlleRacingPosted 6/4/2013 4:09:43 PM
Fuel the Fire is my preferred starter skill, actually. With the Legendary Psycho class mod, it makes many guns virtually guaranteed to cause status.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg