lol, 12% my ass.

#1Maximus40Posted 6/14/2013 1:23:37 PM
So I'm finally trying out the Mania tree (I pretty much had to respec into it to kill the Big Game Hunt boss) and I can't tell you the number of times in a row I end up hitting myself.

You can literally one-shot each of blue's legs with a melee with release the beast, but I had to run back to him 4 or 5 times because I literally hit myself 4-5 times in a row.....each time. This mixed with bloodsplosion is definitely crazy though.
---
You're born with nothing, better make it enough.
#2Weltall548Posted 6/14/2013 1:25:13 PM
No, it's 12%
---
PSN: Fantasy_473
Nintendo Network ID: Xenoblade165
#3PunchDucePosted 6/14/2013 1:27:09 PM
Yeah, It's 12% chance of hitting yourself especially if you constantly spam it instead of throwing the axe. Having a mod that increases silence the voice MIGHT increase the chance of hitting yourself, but I doubt it.
---
"No greater friend, no worse enemy" - Commando Man
FC(Wii): 437491446202
#4Maximus40(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 1:28:47 PM
It shouldn't, because 1-5 makes it stay at 12.

It feels like I'm hitting myself a lot more while in rampage, but not normally.
---
#5drake_skullPosted 6/14/2013 1:48:46 PM
Maximus40 posted...
It shouldn't, because 1-5 makes it stay at 12.

It feels like I'm hitting myself a lot more while in rampage, but not normally.

Lets put it in perspective, I have a weak Sham(80%), I was using it with STV and STV seemed to proc more than the shams absorb chance did.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#6Knox_32Posted 6/14/2013 2:56:30 PM
There are some situations where it seems to proc way more than it should, but if Fire Emblem taught me anything, it's that RNG's are cruel and harsh mistresses.

Most of the time for me it does feel like 12% until I get those instances where I hit myself 3-4 times in a row, which should be extremely rare according to probability. I have a theory that it may keep track of the button presses rather than swings for the RNG making mashing the button during the swing animation increase your chance to roll a hit yourself due to the number of button hits it rolls for (not sure if I wrote that in a way that makes sense.)
---
Gamertag: KKnoxCC
#7PunchDucePosted 6/14/2013 2:59:46 PM
Knox_32 posted...
There are some situations where it seems to proc way more than it should, but if Fire Emblem taught me anything, it's that RNG's are cruel and harsh mistresses.

Most of the time for me it does feel like 12% until I get those instances where I hit myself 3-4 times in a row, which should be extremely rare according to probability. I have a theory that it may keep track of the button presses rather than swings for the RNG making mashing the button during the swing animation increase your chance to roll a hit yourself due to the number of button hits it rolls for (not sure if I wrote that in a way that makes sense.)

Ah the one thing I hated when fighting bosses in Fire Emblem, you have a 95% of hitting said boss, end up missing, he has a 5% chance of hitting you, and it's a 1 hit K.O.
---
"No greater friend, no worse enemy" - Commando Man
FC(Wii): 437491446202
#8Knox_32Posted 6/14/2013 3:18:45 PM
PunchDuce posted...
Knox_32 posted...

Ah the one thing I hated when fighting bosses in Fire Emblem, you have a 95% of hitting said boss, end up missing, he has a 5% chance of hitting you, and it's a 1 hit K.O.

Alright the enemy has a 5% chance to hit and a 1% chance for a critical hit. After I kill him I will... Oh he has slain that main character with a critical hit...
---
Gamertag: KKnoxCC
#9Maximus40(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 3:30:49 PM
Fire Emblem would be one of my favorites if not for crap like that and permanent deaths. I wish the newer ones would have followed the Shining Force idea of reviving them for a fee after the battle. This way they could leave the game hard.
---
#10MrImpatient35Posted 6/14/2013 3:31:38 PM
I thought about speccing into that skill myself, but I keep hearing stories of people hitting themselves WAY MORE OFTEN than just 12% of the time, so I'll pass. I could use those 5 points on another skill.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Cause of that, I rarely use my mic...rarely.