lol, 12% my ass.

#11Maximus40(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 4:33:22 PM
Regardless of the frustration, adding 250% damage (+more with a class mod), it's definitely worth it.
---
You're born with nothing, better make it enough.
#12Knox_32Posted 6/14/2013 4:56:18 PM
Also you will never hit yourself with a thrown axe and it gets a boost from the skill as well. Hitting yourself is annoying and can get you downed occasionally at inconvenient times, but it is a gigantic boost. Can't have that without a downside of some sort.
---
Gamertag: KKnoxCC
#13Four SkullsPosted 6/14/2013 5:45:55 PM
I've hit myself trying to throw an axe once. I've also seen where it looked like I was about to hit myself, but stopped before doing so.
#14LaharPosted 6/14/2013 7:02:50 PM
What I've started to do if I hit myself twice in a row during BXR is toss the axe then go back to melee.
---
I said runt.
#15SamuriChameleonPosted 6/14/2013 10:14:20 PM
Math =/= reality.

There's no guarantee you'll hit yourself 12/100 times. Technically, it's possibly to hit yourself 100/100.
---
"Meaning is subjective and therefore meaningless."
#16Maximus40(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 10:47:44 PM
That's obvious, but with the odds of some of our experiences, some of us should be hitting the lottery!
---
#17JkickitPosted 6/14/2013 11:01:57 PM
and1ballr posted...
I thought about speccing into that skill myself, but I keep hearing stories of people hitting themselves WAY MORE OFTEN than just 12% of the time, so I'll pass. I could use those 5 points on another skill.

Too bad you'd miss out on a lot of damage. I doubt you can take on bosses easily without it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qfsbZAm.png -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands 2/Battleblock Theater/Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
#18PDXRoverMechPosted 6/15/2013 6:27:13 AM
Yawn
#19WandymanPosted 6/15/2013 8:44:28 AM
SamuriChameleon posted...
Math =/= reality.

There's no guarantee you'll hit yourself 12/100 times. Technically, it's possibly to hit yourself 100/100.

Thank you. I know the following probabilities aren't to scale but think of it this way. When flipping a coin you have a .50 probability of it landing on either heads or tails. Technically, if you flipped that coin four times, you should expect at least, 2 heads. However, it is possible to flip all tails. Just like it's possible out of 100 swings of the ax to smack yourself consecutively.
---
GT: Buddhasmash83
#20Maximus40(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 9:28:57 AM
Wandyman posted...
SamuriChameleon posted...
Math =/= reality.

Thank you. I know the following probabilities aren't to scale but think of it this way. When flipping a coin you have a .50 probability of it landing on either heads or tails. Technically, if you flipped that coin four times, you should expect at least, 2 heads. However, it is possible to flip all tails. Just like it's possible out of 100 swings of the ax to smack yourself consecutively.

Regardless, the RNG could have been programmed poorly.

Take the FFIV After Years for example, the RNG in that game was so exploitable in the Wii version that you could literally guarantee rare drops from almost any enemy if you knew what you were doing. That's nowhere near on the same scale of being able to trigger it in the game like this, but it could be very easy to unintentionally exploit it in this.
---