Leveling as a Hellborn Krieg

#1sinisterorionPosted 6/15/2013 2:43:41 PM
So I started another Krieg not to long ago to use as one of my solo characters (I have a melee krieg that I play in a four person group). Because I already have a melee Krieg, I decided to make this one hellborn. The problem is I'm level 28 and I'm having a bit of difficulty surviving. I'm doing fine with the damage I deal but I seem to go down really fast (the enemies I fight are about the same level as me if not maybe a level higher).

Skill wise It's pretty standard with points in burn baby burn and fuel the fire (I have a level 20 legendary mod), numbed nerves, del. damage, pain is power, elemental empathy (3 points so far) and fire fiend (I only put points in this because I was dying so much that I had to start using my ability more to get health back so I figured I might as well set people on fire that way).

I'm a little over leveled for the FotF shield so I'm using an adaptive shield right now. I just want to know if I'm playing him wrong right now or if hellborn is just a rather difficult tree to be leveling up as. Any tips, pointers or help of any kind would be appreciated. Especially if someone has leveled up hellborn and has ideas on what I'm doing wrong.
#2sinisterorion(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 8:03:53 PM
Bump
#3Draxton0102Posted 6/15/2013 9:02:30 PM
Once you get that last skill in the Hellborn tree, things'll become easiers.
I must say that skill alone is what helped my psycho get to 61 while playing solo in UVHM.
---
GT:Draxton0102
#4JkickitPosted 6/16/2013 12:05:29 AM
Once you get Elemental Empathy things become easier. Basically all the damage you do heals you.
Also, stay away from the Bee.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qfsbZAm.png -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands 2/Battleblock Theater/Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
#5sinisterorion(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 1:59:47 PM
good to know, ill stick with it for a few more levels and finish the last few in that tree and see how it goes. Should I be running and gunning at my level like they do in the level 61 videos or playing slightly different since I don't have all the skills and gear that they do?
#6JkickitPosted 6/16/2013 3:00:41 PM
Probably stay at mid and long-mid range. You have no healing at this point unless you have Moxxi weapons.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qfsbZAm.png -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands 2/Battleblock Theater/Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon