Krieg vs Pete blood splosion question.

#1Krys_MalicePosted 6/15/2013 10:21:51 PM
I haven't been able to get this to work. I have the slag I get my stacks up to 100% I've even used a explosive mod combined with an explosive relic. Is there something I'm missing with trying to get this to work? In case you don't know what I'm talking about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwpuBpictjk
---
GT: Capt Malice
Never make eye contact and always rotate clock wise.
#2LaharPosted 6/15/2013 11:00:55 PM
In the vid they don't build the stacks to 100. What is your grenade?

I think it's timing. It's best to do wait to do the melee strike (or detonation if you're in LtF) until most or all the Rats have come out and everything is slagged. You want as many enemies around you as possible but the Rats won't all hop out at once. Even after Pete's killed, there might be a couple that will drop from the pipe, may/may not be chained from the Bloodsplosion.
---
I said runt.
#3Krys_Malice(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 11:17:10 PM
I'm using a singularity slag. I believe in that video that guy is only using a level 20 grenade. I get as many things slagged as possible. Blood splosion will make a nova using what ever element is used to kill. If no element it will be explosive. I've ran around the arena turning valves multipal times getting slagged enemies and him in a group and it's still not working.
---
#4Ray_MK_IIIPosted 6/15/2013 11:20:26 PM(edited)
Is the explosion not connecting or is it just not doing enough damage?
---
Ray_MK_III: Spouting philosophy and defending all that is awesome since 2006.
:P
#5LaharPosted 6/15/2013 11:29:09 PM
The range seems to be generous for Bloodsplosion chains.

Not sure what it could be then. Are you using a low-level singularity?

I don't know if this would help but generally I hit the Spiderant valve and throw out a slag bouncing betty. Run to and hit the Rat valve and hang in that area as Pete and the Spiderants will have come over. Then til I'm down I keep tossing grenades. In LtF I give it a few seconds to let the bullet shower slag everything, and hopefully most of the rats came out. Easy way I find is to watch my stacks.. if they've started to decay then I detonate.
---
I said runt.
#6Krys_Malice(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 11:33:03 PM
Lvl 61 slag nad. I've tried single pipes and getting both of them going. Seen pete right in the middle of them as they blow and it only does slivers of damage. I use the singularity nad so that I can get them as close to him as possible.
---
#7LaharPosted 6/15/2013 11:36:02 PM
That seems high. Are you seeing slag novas?

I initially tried with a 50 slag singularity and it would kill the Spiderants. So I ran through Normal and had the hardest time finding a vending machine with a slag bouncing betty.. level 20 I think and rubberized but it works..
---
I said runt.
#8JkickitPosted 6/15/2013 11:37:16 PM
You want to keep them alive so you can group them together and kill them yourself.
If you're using a lvl 61 it could be killing them and ruining the Bloodsplosion chain.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qfsbZAm.png -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands 2/Battleblock Theater/Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
#9Krys_Malice(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 11:44:18 PM
I'm making sure they die with either slag grenade or slag gun. Each isn't doing anything. I think I'm going to hope on and try again maybe I'll get lucky.
---
#10Ray_MK_IIIPosted 6/16/2013 12:15:55 AM(edited)
I'm making sure they die with either slag grenade or slag gun. Each isn't doing anything. I think I'm going to hope on and try again maybe I'll get lucky.

There's your problem, sport. Slag damage doesn't get 3x damage against slagged targets, and that hyperbolic scaling is exactly how this whole "one-shotting Pete" thing works. You need to Slag everyone, then kill them with a non-Slag damage source.
---
Ray_MK_III: Spouting philosophy and defending all that is awesome since 2006.
Ayup.