Hellborn Question?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Hellborn Question?
2 years ago#1
I started playing as krieg. Currently level 13. The hellborn tree looked cool to me so I ran with it. Even though I heard Mania is better in UVHM.

My question is if I use an inflammable shield (grants burn immunity) will it keep me from getting ignited on fire therefore null all status bonus or will I still catch on fire but receive no fire damage.

I really like the 50% damage reduction on fire and the base 25% damage increase to 75% burned, but the burn keeps downing me or almost downing me in most situations. Then I thought shield. Will this work. I haven't seen shields yet with this to experiment. So i decided to ask the experts.
2 years ago#2
Mania for first playthrough.
Hellborn second
Mania/hellborn UVHM
---
Not changing this sig until i fix my time machine.
Finished on 8/26/2012
2 years ago#3
Inflammable shields prevent you from catching fire, which means fewer bonuses.

If you want to not die,

a) make sure that you don't put too many points into Flame Flare. It's currently glitched, and causes serious self-inflicted DOT.
b) Put points into Elemental Empathy. It's a great healing skill, as long as you make sure to keep setting enemies on fire/shock/corrosion.
c) Moxxi weapons are usually good for healing, particularly the rubi.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
2 years ago#4
davinthegreat98 posted...
Mania for first playthrough.
Hellborn second
Mania/hellborn UVHM

Yeah Mania looks like a smarter decision for the beginning but will my shield idea work?
I just wanna know if it'll just null fire damage or just bad news bears the whole tree.
2 years ago#5
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...

If you want to not die,

a) make sure that you don't put too many points into Flame Flare. It's currently glitched, and causes serious self-inflicted DOT.
b) Put points into Elemental Empathy. It's a great healing skill, as long as you make sure to keep setting enemies on fire/shock/corrosion.

Thankyou, I guess I should stay away from the tree until I have enough skills points to get to and fill Elemental Empathy.
2 years ago#6
ToughGuy5394 posted...
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...

If you want to not die,

Thankyou, I guess I should stay away from the tree until I have enough skills points to get to and fill Elemental Empathy.

Not necessarily. If you have a rubit, it still works. Also, if you make sure not to put more than, say, a couple of points into Flame Flare, it's not too bad.

Until you can get to the end of any one tree with Krieg, though, it's going to be a bit tough.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Hellborn Question?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived