Bloodsploding pyro pete

#1RitalinfiendPosted 6/17/2013 5:26:29 PM
I've watched a bunch of youtube videos and I still can't seem to duplicate what I've seen. I slag the rats and spiderants and tediore relode rocket them after building 100 stacks and I barely damage him. Would appreciate any advice. What would be the minimum stats on the rocket launcher? I'm in UVHM level 61.
---
Candy: Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
#2simcowkingPosted 6/17/2013 5:48:54 PM
Try doing it when he is underneath the pipe where the rats/ants come out (whichever you activate second) I find the delay long enough between each rat coming out that it triggers another explosion on him.

However, I've just been doing this against him on TVHM, but this method hasn't failed yet (equal level)

The trick is to create a sort of fuse so the first explosion doesn't destroy every mob, but just one/two so the next explosion deals huge damage... and if it can chain up to 3+ before hitting the majority of them you have a huge burst from all them.

Also: The videos are filmed possibly multiple times. Sometimes its just luck. I've had him survive cause he decided to do the circle of acid/fire and it makes him invincible (it seems)
---
bump - umi2222
#3JkickitPosted 6/17/2013 5:54:52 PM
You might be killing them with the grenade (ruining the chain). It's best to use a low level bonnie or crossfire.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qfsbZAm.png -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands 2/Battleblock Theater/Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
#4Ritalinfiend(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 7:07:43 PM
Cool. Thanks for the tips so far. What sort of launcher should I be using? What clip size and damage would be good for this at level 61?
---
#5LaharPosted 6/17/2013 11:43:50 PM
Are you running Mania as well?

I mainly set it off with LtF's detonation, to use both explosive bonuses from Strip the Flesh.
---
I said runt.
#6simcowkingPosted 6/18/2013 1:07:18 PM
Lahar posted...
Are you running Mania as well?

I mainly set it off with LtF's detonation, to use both explosive bonuses from Strip the Flesh.

Could also reload the launcher while down. Similar damage. Lower AoE.

I prefer rapier + melee stab as it works wonders still (Gonna have to try it on the higher difficulty as soon as I unlock him)
---
bump - umi2222
#7LaharPosted 6/18/2013 1:47:01 PM
Rapier melee works, too. I sometimes don't get the chance to stab though as I try to get as many grenades out as I can before I'm downed.
---
I said runt.
#8Ritalinfiend(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 11:40:32 PM
So I took a very long break from Krieg, made a Sal and easily dominated all off the raid bosses. Now I'm back to Krieg and not liking him as much. Still trying to melee splode Pete. I've done it twice by slagging then rapier melee. The problem is I usually get downed too quick before I can slag and hit an enemy. I think I need a better shield. Any idea what the best one would be for this fight?
---