Krieg help

#1ToughGuy5394Posted 6/18/2013 7:19:28 PM
So playing with krieg with the mania tree and realized light fuse the fuse sucks. The thrown sticks of tnt do little damage and the finale explosion can only kill a very near death enemy. Wondering if others having the same problem. It just seems like a waste of a point since my guns get me out of fight for life 90% of the time. I love the concept of the suicide psycho but it needs to b buffed.

Anyone else with the same problem. Does it scale to UVHM. Can it kill lv61?
---
GT: Gears of Love96
#2Eternal KPosted 6/18/2013 7:56:53 PM
Light the Fuse really benefits from having points in Strip the Flesh and having a Cruch COM (boosts explosive damage), especially one that gives more boost to Strip the Flesh. Try that out, and I think you'll find LtF a lot more effective.
---
2007 - 2008 NHL Saturday Picks Champion
#3duericPosted 6/18/2013 8:09:25 PM
You'll want a point in Redeem the Soul to extend your FFYL time. This is absolutely huge for LtF.

You'll also want 5 points in Strip the Flesh, otherwise no reason to even use LtF.

An LtF build with explosive buffs and Bloodsplosion can be pretty damn entertaining. But on the whole, it's really not that great for solo play in UVHM as far as practicality is concerned.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#4LaharPosted 6/18/2013 8:11:23 PM(edited)
I thought I'd have to spec out of Light the Fuse in TVHM and especially UVHM, but I've done fine. Hope this isn't too long-winded but here's my experience.

Points in Strip the Flesh help as do a Crunch mod (with further bonuses to Strip the Flesh) and an Explosive relic.

Other things you can do are weaken an enemy while you're 'alive' and leaving them alone for use in LtF; or you can slag enemies if you're about to go down to soften them up. A point in Redeem the Soul gives you more time even if you only play solo.

In groups of enemies there's at least one who's more frail than the others (non badass and with no shield), so find/use them for Second Wind.

I agree that a FFYL rocket launcher or normal guns can do the job faster, but I like how LtF is different. I like full mobility, running and jumping. In a group you can run to a teammate for a revive, or you can both move to cover for a safer revive.

This never hit me until I tried Hellborn/Bloodlust, but you also retain full and clear field of view throughout your down-state. None of this 'everything gets red and blurry' business.

Since you'll always detonate at the end, even when your bleedout is shortest, you'll always have a chance for Second Wind so long as there's an enemy to kill. Before this there was just no way if you kept going down and your bleedout got that fast.

One other small thing I can suggest when you're playing through an area: if all else fails and you know you can't kill someone, use the time to run ahead and activate a New-U station so you don't get sent back in the map.

Hopes this helps!

[edit: got a bit ninja'd there]
---
I said runt.
#5duericPosted 6/18/2013 8:14:52 PM
Lahar posted...

[edit: got a bit ninja'd there]

Eh. You said it better.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#6ToughGuy5394(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 8:28:44 PM
Yeah but it seems very gear an skill dependant. U need ur res for time and strip of flesh for explosive damage aaand maybe a relic and mod combo. I gotta admit it is fun as hell havin full movement ability and blowin people up in the end but it just isnt practible. I guess ill try it later when i have the gear and see how good it can get.
Just a little disapointed in a cool skill.
---
#7NafzgerPosted 6/18/2013 8:33:18 PM
I find it plenty practical, but then again I'm not going down very often. When I do get knocked into FFYL, at least one enemy is close to dead. So maybe you just aren't very good with Krieg
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#8ToughGuy5394(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 8:43:02 PM
Nafzger posted...
I find it plenty practical, but then again I'm not going down very often. When I do get knocked into FFYL, at least one enemy is close to dead. So maybe you just aren't very good with Krieg

Possibly ur right, i could b bad as krieg. But like u said ur not downed that much so ur inexperienced with the matter of that skill. So good day to u sir.
Its like people get offended when u tell them they suck.
---
#9NafzgerPosted 6/18/2013 9:00:59 PM
So I'm inexperienced with using LtF, even though every time I need to use it, it works totally fine. LtF is entirely practical if you don't play like a dumbass. Also, no **** you need to invest points into Strip the Flesh for it to be effective. Where else do you so desperately need to put them?
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#10markconigliaroPosted 6/18/2013 9:07:43 PM(edited)
I just beat UVHM with Krieg, and I had LtF since the moment I could use it. At first it sucked, but getting 5 points in strip the flesh + explosive relic (I use the melee mod, I have a melee/explosive Krieg), helps TONS. At level 61, each throw of the dynamite does around 400k damage,1500k when slagged, and the final explosion doing ~3500k damage. And with the extra time from Redeem the Soul, I have taken out full health and shield badasses before, the weaker ones with only dynamite, and regular enemies go down with 3-4 throws at full HP. The only time I ever really die is if I'm fighting a boss with no minions or buzzards.

A massive tip, you need to time your throws, when his hand curls in to grab a stick, that's when you press the throw button. Mashing will throw them very slow.
---
I am a juggler/prop manipulator/fire performer, I'm awesome, here's my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/markconigliaro