your opinion on the classes?

#21oReloadPosted 6/19/2013 8:04:05 PM
outsighder posted...
And Btw Zero is a monster in UVH ... again you have to understand how to use him and what gear he needs to have. As a sniper he is unsurpassed and there are so many opportunities for him to snipe ... more than I think most people realize. You can also throw knives with great effect in UVH, Slag exploding Knives mixed with almost anything is an almost laughably easy kill. Snipe, Melee, regular guns ... Zero is master at all of these. If you want to pick him up and try again let me know ... I will help you with a great build.

+1

Zero is indeed a monster. But I prefer his Cunning tree with the Kunai in contrast to his Sniping Build with "unlimited" stacks / his Melee Build with Many Will Fall. Not many know how to properly use Zero or Gaige and this is why they choose their lesser builds such as Best Friends Forever or a cookie cutter build for Zero.
---
GT: SuperWaley
"Get ready to ball so hard, because this chick is cray. And if you are feeling famished; I recommend the fish fillet."
#22xboxBUNZILLAPosted 6/19/2013 8:13:22 PM
Lol at zero being an awesome sniper.
Maya>zero sniping.
---
i keeps it tight. similar to proletarian living situations.
#23StormWolf12Posted 6/19/2013 8:42:24 PM
Legionnaire76 posted...
So far I'd have to say Mechro is the best, my god is it ridiculous. Kill until low shields for high anarchy, kill a weak dude to full regen shields, proc discord to regen the health i lost, then start restacking anarchy again, when in trouble pop deathtrap take cover activate discord. I feel unkillable sometimes. total blast to play.

~~~~~

Krieg is okay, his ability is really clunky and seems fairly weak late game, although the thought of throwing dynamite axes intrigues me. The worst part of krieg is you can't use his ability at low health because it gets overridden by FFYL so the whole "instantly regain all your health" is only good for tanking, which when solo usually just gets you killed

~~~~~

Zero kinda makes me feel like a zero. really freaking boring active, seems like a solo zero would spend most of his time exploiting bad enemy AI with snipers, which you can do with any class. His melee tree is okay but he has no healing or shield restores until like tier 3, which makes it insanely hard to do well.

~~~~~

Maya. Maya's skill is a blast, and her elemental tree combined with rockets can really make you feel almost like a mage type character. She gets a little bit of healing out of her skill as well, which helps a lot for her playstyle, although her revive ability makes her the ultimate team player.

~~~~~

Axton. Jury's out for me, he really now just seems like Gaige, but less good.

~~~~~

Salvador. My other favorite class. Guns guns guns galore, plus insane healing power and probably the highest possible DPS in the game, although being front and center makes you a bt vulnerable. Also salvador has the most character as far as voice acting goes, outside of krieg.

I have to agree. Gaige is obviously the best, and Zero sucks.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/638785-borderlands-2/66274401 <---- Me at my best
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/akantra/boards <--- Akantra got mad
#24spiralofninePosted 6/20/2013 1:14:25 PM
If you build him correctly, Sal has the highest DPS. He is probably the best against bosses but one of the worst against mobs because he has to get his hands dirty.

Maya is on the other side of things. She is pretty dependent on her action skill but it deals with mobs very easily. Against raid bosses, she is probably better off being a Res bot.

Zero has 2 specialized trees and one 'all around' tree and can get really good DPS with all 3. I do think he has some struggles early on in the game but is probably the best all around character after level 30 or so for solo play.

I value playing with Axton's because their turrets provide a lot of threat, can slag and have shields. He generally adds a lot of survivability to a group while providing a serviceable amount of damage
#25LoMNOMNOMDeerPosted 6/20/2013 7:07:33 PM
xboxBUNZILLA posted...
Maya>zero sniping.

Sal>Maya>Zero sniping
---
Not the dark green, the iridescent green.
Even Christ said "Christ, he flows quite nicely."
#26Steve0314Posted 6/20/2013 7:17:51 PM
LoMNOMNOMDeer posted...
xboxBUNZILLA posted...
Maya>zero sniping.

Sal>Maya>Zero sniping

Anarchy LBT Gaige with no Discord is the greatest sniper of them all... 600 stacks of anarchy + Shock pimpernel... YES PLEASE! LOLZ
---
GT: Steve0314
#27TrialZero654Posted 6/20/2013 7:47:53 PM
Steve0314 posted...
LoMNOMNOMDeer posted...
xboxBUNZILLA posted...
Maya>zero sniping.

Sal>Maya>Zero sniping

Anarchy LBT Gaige with no Discord is the greatest sniper of them all... 600 stacks of anarchy + Shock pimpernel... YES PLEASE! LOLZ

600 stacks of anarchy? you can hardly call someone a good sniper when they require 10 minutes of build-up time before they're useful

at any rate, TC you either didn't give Zer0 enough time or didn't equip him properly, he is hard to start with and doesn't even really start getting interesting until like level 30+

i was pretty uninterested in him at first as well, but once i learned how to use him and got some decent gear for him.... it is undeniably fun being able to melee enemies for over 130 million non-crit damage

many people consider the evisceration rubi to be too "cookie-cutter", but it's incredibly fun to be able to wade into the thick of things, slashing the throats of everything in sight and be the last one standing when the smoke clears

even if you don't care for melee, skills like B0re, Tw0 Fang, and Critical Ascensi0n make him a formidable gun user as well, you just gotta know how to spec and use him properly, even his gunplay is a little unconventional compared to the rest of the classes, but once you get used to it he is a force to be reckoned with
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
GT: Trialzero
#28BellethorPosted 6/20/2013 8:06:22 PM(edited)
Krieg is my favorite character. Everybody tries going into him with a mania build, but that's so wrong. Hellborn/Bloodlust all the way, it's just sooo amazing. Slag stuff up and heal yourself with the Rubi/Heartbreaker, insane amounts of Fire Damage from Hellfire (The fire damage DOT literally does 10s of millions points of damage, it is awe inspiring), Sawbar destroys mobs, all the bonuses he gets from Hellborn/Bloodlust is more than enough to make his Buzz Axe Rampage as strong as going down the mania tree. Pop up your action skill when all your bonuses are up, get 100 bloodlust stacks and just murder everything with Bloodsplosions, 100 percent damage reduction and Fireballs. It's so utterly ridiculous how much fire damage he does, IMO he's better than Gaige.

----

Axton is also pretty good, he's kinda like the opposite of Gaige, as in his slave pet is stronger but the character himself isn't as strong. He's also one of the few characters I like to use with the bee, summoning two Turrets to distract everything with big shields while in cover and picking off all the slagged enemies is a lot of fun. It feels like the most conventional shooter soldier character, hiding in cover and whatnot unless you go down the Gunpowder tree (I usually don't though, because Nuke isn't that great and Impact is the only skill I like and I don't have to invest in the Gunpowder tree to get it. )
---
Pokemon White FC: 4170-4725-7749 'The games balance was ruined by "competitive" players who turned off balancing features like final smashes.'Jacornon
#29BellethorPosted 6/20/2013 8:10:14 PM(edited)
xboxBUNZILLA posted...
I stopped reading after "mechromancer is the best...".

I hate the mechromancer too, but after seeing what she could do with a stalker pistol and a twister shotgun my opinion has changed.
---
Pokemon White FC: 4170-4725-7749 'The games balance was ruined by "competitive" players who turned off balancing features like final smashes.'Jacornon
#30BellethorPosted 6/20/2013 8:00:12 PM
oReload posted...
I have maxed all characters (except for Krieg and Gaige).

Gaige, even though she's at level 20, is seemingly the most potent. She's the most versatile, with Discord & Anarchy, and said by many to be the most complicated character to play as, which to me is true.. although even she is simple to play. Her damage can rise to insane amounts with Anarchy, and then be combined with Discord for QUICK and BRUTAL amounts of burst damage. Along with Deathtrap as her ally, she's a complete beast.

My old main was Zero (whom I have 114+ hours of playtime on) and I'm skilled on him, preferring his Cunning tree as it seemed the most useful. I now see that Gaige is many times over more powerful than any other character in the game. I hope she doesn't fail me when I reach level 61.... and I'm sure she won't.

How do you see how much playtime you have with each character?
---