your opinion on the classes?

#31xboxBUNZILLAPosted 6/20/2013 9:07:51 PM
Bellethor posted...
xboxBUNZILLA posted...
I stopped reading after "mechromancer is the best...".

I hate the mechromancer too, but after seeing what she could do with a stalker pistol and a hail shotgun my opinion has changed.

I think she's just too complicated for me.
I mean she's only at level 20 so maybe I just don't get it.
---
i keeps it tight. similar to proletarian living situations.
#32BellethorPosted 6/20/2013 9:21:44 PM(edited)
xboxBUNZILLA posted...
Bellethor posted...
xboxBUNZILLA posted...
I stopped reading after "mechromancer is the best...".

I hate the mechromancer too, but after seeing what she could do with a stalker pistol and a hail shotgun my opinion has changed.

I think she's just too complicated for me.
I mean she's only at level 20 so maybe I just don't get it.

Get a Black Hole Shield and some quasar grenades, a Slag Stalker Pistol (the stalker pistol with Gaige is really interesting, you don't even have to aim, just shoot it and all the enemies will be slagged up), a Shock Shotgun, invest in close enough, anarchy, shock damage etc. Basically, she sucks everything close to her, and kills it all in one shot with anarchy. DarkSoulsMindEye has some really interesting Mechromancer videos that helped me to understand what the character is good for, even though I don't play her. I used to think she was garbage but after seeing what my friend MercFox has done with her and this guys video my opinion has taken a total 180. I still think Krieg is better though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI0z3pPyXS4
---
Pokemon White FC: 4170-4725-7749 'The games balance was ruined by "competitive" players who turned off balancing features like final smashes.'Jacornon
#33outsighderPosted 6/21/2013 1:20:41 AM
What is so laughable is that anyone who really knows how to play this game and how to make great build and equipment combos would find it funny that anyone honestly thinks that Maya (or for that fact anyone in this game) is a better sniper than Zero when that is what zero is built for and what his deception skill adds to this damage wise is pretty unbeatable if you know what you are doing. And if you are a good sniper there is almost no effort in building up crit hit and damage stacks along the way. With critical Ascension the damage is insane ... you don't have to even score a kill ... just a crit hit.

Not to mention skills like Bore and kill confirmed which stack even more crit hit damage. In fact Zero is all about crit hits ... more than any other character and that is where all his power lies. So if you suck at getting crits with Snipers then yeah you won't like him as a sniper (but that is not on him that is your lack of skills at being a more than competent sniper). Heck he even shares a skill called Velocity with Maya but the BIG difference is Zero's DOES Crit damage as well. So please just stop with the Maya being a better sniper nonsense ... it just shows how poor of a sniper you are at this game.

Let me end on a quote from the official guide:

"Zero is by far the most damage focused character - more than any other Vault Hunter in Pandora's history ... "

And yes if your damage is based mainly around crit hits then you DO THE MOST DAMAGE. People need to seriously re-examine Zero and his Sniper tree me thinks. And keep in mind what his Sniper focused mods add. No other character has Sniper Rifle focused mods. Built the right way with these mods .... well you get the picture.
---
----
If you use the N* word at all you are a RACIST ... PERIOD. So STOP IT. There is no difference in the word if it ends in "er" or "a".
#34outsighderPosted 6/21/2013 1:34:39 AM
Oh yeah ... forgot about the skill ONE SHOT ONE KILL ... now this makes him even more amazing as a Sniper ... the FIRST shot from a fully loaded mag can add 120% damage with the right mod and you should be reloading often when using snipers anyway and no one reloads faster than Zero. I just can't emphasis enough how amazing of a sniper he is.

Another thing ... he can be so much farther away from his targets than anyone else and still kill easily thanks to skills like Optics and Precision. These are things that further add to him being the best sniper in the game. Throw on a Long Shot mod and things get even better since your sniping range is effectively increased. If I can kill my target with a Sniper from a MUCH farther distance than you there is no question who the better sniper is ... so yeah apply that same logic to Zero.
---
----
If you use the N* word at all you are a RACIST ... PERIOD. So STOP IT. There is no difference in the word if it ends in "er" or "a".
#35xboxBUNZILLAPosted 6/21/2013 2:35:13 AM
you cant be that great if you had to buy the strategy guide.
---
i keeps it tight. similar to proletarian living situations.
#36BellethorPosted 6/21/2013 4:27:43 AM
Zer0, mechanically is a better sniper than Maya, but the reaper bonus and the ability to make enemies stay in one spot while applying slag is nothing to scoff at.
---
Pokemon White FC: 4170-4725-7749 'The games balance was ruined by "competitive" players who turned off balancing features like final smashes.'Jacornon
#37danishjuggler21Posted 6/21/2013 7:51:28 AM
xboxBUNZILLA posted...
you cant be that great if you had to buy the strategy guide.

It's a 450 page hardcover book about Borderlands. Who wouldn't want that?
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21
#38BellethorPosted 6/21/2013 8:46:06 AM
bump
---
#39TrialZero654Posted 6/21/2013 10:25:12 AM
Bellethor posted...
Zer0, mechanically is a better sniper than Maya, but the reaper bonus and the ability to make enemies stay in one spot while applying slag is nothing to scoff at.

maybe not, but i was never able to get max damage crits with maya (999,999k damage head shots? yes please)

Maya certainly has more utility, but no one comes close to Zer0 in DPS

and yes i am aware of her Immolate build with a turtle/hoplite shield, but she was never meant to be played that way and that build is more of an exploit, Zer0's damage capabilities are not only more powerful but actually legit
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
GT: Trialzero
#40Knox_32Posted 6/21/2013 11:14:21 AM
Well I don't have extensive experience with all of the characters, but here are my opinions.

Zero - A phenomenal character for those who know how to make him work, but I just can't get into any I his playstyles. I tired him for a while and just kinda stopped cause it wasn't all that fun for me. I think he is very very well designed and his abilities are great, just not for me.

Axton - Very straight forward and has high utility. I like explosives. Axton likes explosives. His turrets are cool and highly useful. Ended up being a little to... Ordinary I guess is how I would say it, for me.

Salvador - Felt way too gear dependent for me, but is an absolute beast once he gets rolling. Bosses just get stomped by him and he just never stops putting out crazy dps. Only issue is I haven't put enough time into farming to get the equipment to really make him shine yet.

Maya - Phaselock is utility incarnate. So useful for everything ever. Her medic abilities are sweet and super useful for a group. Reaper is great. The only issue was that in getting to ruin I felt like I put points into so many skills that were just filler. Honestly that is my issue with her. Lots of skills that I just feel meh about but had to take to get to what I wanted. Still a very fun character.

Gaige - My first character and still my second favorite. Anarchy, discord, and shocking the balls off of everything is insanely fun. She can blaze through even the toughest of areas with ease even with subpar equipment. Once you get the good stuff for her she is even better. My only issues are that deathtrap is incredibly boring and only a distraction unless you pour tons of points into him and that every build ended up having the same basic set of skills from ordered chaos or I felt weak. Just never felt like there was really much build diversity with her.

Krieg - I am insane about Krieg. He does melee, he does elemental, he does explosives, he does tanking, he does everything I could dream of. I love that I can just decide that I want a change of pace and just go reset my skill points and basically make an entirely different character and playstyle. My only problem is that I have too many options lol. I can never seem to settle on any one of them, but that is really a part of the fun. Also being able to go release the beast made a lot of the game before I had any good equipment for him a lot easier. Can potentially be one of the least gear dependent characters in my opinion.

Well there were my thoughts. It was also listed in ascending order of preference.
---
Gamertag: KKnoxCC