Anyone know what the mysterious amulet does yet?

#21Gun SagePosted 6/25/2013 8:08:36 PM
CRadames posted...
Yeah I can't find any Lair of Atrocities or a "Mr. Wiz"

Startin' to smell fishy

It's the dungeon part way through the game.
---
#22EX_Cirnochao222Posted 6/25/2013 8:10:02 PM
Though the Lair's actual name is Lair of Infinite Agony.
#23CRadamesPosted 6/25/2013 8:17:32 PM
EX_Cirnochao222 posted...
Though the Lair's actual name is Lair of Infinite Agony.

Was already through there, did a quest for Simon, didn't see a Mr. Wiz anywhere
---
Happy Birthday!
#24MayhemersPosted 6/26/2013 1:21:23 AM
Sorry, my mistake, I was thinking of something else. It's Lair of Infinite Agony, the last proper map before the end of the DLC. Mr Wiz apparently doesn't have a 100% chance to spawn given what other people have said (he appeared first time for me), so you may need to quit and restart at the Fast Travel, and see if a yellow ! spawns on the map near to it.

All you do is talk to him, choose to buy the amulet instead of smacking his bravo-itch ass, and then equip it.
---
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
#25SamuriChameleonPosted 6/26/2013 2:11:19 AM
The Lair is that dungeon place where you fight Spider Angel. The amulet is involved in a quest with Mr. Wiz so he should be marked by a yellow exclamation mark on the map. I've heard he's not supposed to appear until after you've defeated the raid boss, but the quest was there for me even though I haven't done so.
---
"Meaning is subjective and therefore meaningless."
#26Gun SagePosted 6/26/2013 2:18:29 AM
SamuriChameleon posted...
The Lair is that dungeon place where you fight Spider Angel. The amulet is involved in a quest with Mr. Wiz so he should be marked by a yellow exclamation mark on the map. I've heard he's not supposed to appear until after you've defeated the raid boss, but the quest was there for me even though I haven't done so.

It seems to be like the juggernaut quest in the fridge, it's a random event that he'll be on the map. You can tell if he's around by the exclamation point, but you'll always have that "Undiscovered Quest" line in your quest log for the Lair.
---
#27xboxBUNZILLAPosted 6/26/2013 2:41:01 AM
Gun Sage posted...

It seems to be like the juggernaut quest in the fridge, it's a random event that he'll be on the map. You can tell if he's around by the exclamation point, but you'll always have that "Undiscovered Quest" line in your quest log for the Lair.

that goliath spawns in the same place everytime after you kill laney.
nothing random about it.
---
some of yall have as much of an opinion as inanimate objects.
#28CRadamesPosted 6/26/2013 2:50:59 AM
Finally got him to spawn earlier

I had actually already defeated the raid boss before and he didn't show. But I did do that with my brother so I solo'd it this time in case there was a glitch, still no dice. Saved and quit in Sanctuary, turned off the game, dude still wouldn't show. Got fed up and joined a different friend for a while in his game.

Went back and Miz was FINALLY there. I think everybody's got the wrong idea. While he is technically a quest giver, the only comparison I can make is Michael Mamaril. He's a quest-giving Michael Mamaril.
---
Happy Birthday!
#29CRadamesPosted 6/26/2013 2:51:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#30Gun SagePosted 6/26/2013 3:09:46 AM
xboxBUNZILLA posted...
Gun Sage posted...

that goliath spawns in the same place everytime after you kill laney.
nothing random about it.

I've been through the fridge post-killing laney and not gotten the echo drop, as have several of my friends.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=177740
---