Best skills to skip in Hellborn Tree?

#1DigiDude77Posted 6/20/2013 4:39:06 PM
So, I've seen many topics from people telling me to skip Flame Flare, and other topics telling people it's a requirement.

So I'm asking. In a dual-player game, what would the best setup for hellborn be? We're both trying out Krieg, I went Hellborn, she went Bloodlust. We're both kind of iffy at figuring out how to play the specs, so just getting them down right would be a big step for me. xD

So, anyone have a link to the preferred Hellborn spec, or the spec they use?

And on a side note: Where do stacks of Bloodlust and Elemental Elation show up? Neither of us have ever seen either show up on our screen.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver: ~*Friend Code: 1462-8550-1166 Name: Fyn*~
Pokemon White: ~*Friend Code: 0647 5616 2276 Name: Myzou*~
#2xlinerPosted 6/20/2013 4:47:11 PM
http://www.bl2skills.com/psycho.html#00000000000000000000000055550150051
---
For more information please call
1-800-lol-uMad :)
#3capnovanPosted 6/20/2013 5:03:25 PM
DigiDude77 posted...
And on a side note: Where do stacks of Bloodlust and Elemental Elation show up? Neither of us have ever seen either show up on our screen.

they'll show up on top of the EXP bar. At least Bloodlust does.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#4BellethorPosted 6/20/2013 6:54:20 PM(edited)
IMO it's better to skip Fire Fiend and take Hellfire Halitosis instead. 1 point vs 5 to reignite yourself in Buzz Axe Rampage. I'll just go ahead and post my build from my other thread in here.

http://tinyurl.com/kt692ge

Weapons:
-Sawbar/Hellfire
-Slag Rubi
-Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold
-Practicable Heart Breaker/Slow Hand
Shield:
-Hide of Terramorphous
Class Mod:
-Legendary Psycho Class Mod
Grenade:
-Bouncing Bonny
Relic:
Bone of the Ancients (Additional Fire Damage and Cooldown Rate) or Melee Relic

The Sawbar/Hellfire is the main damage dealer (bloodsplosions everywhere). The Heartbreaker/Slowhand/Rubi is for healing yourself, the Harold is for getting yourself back up and killing Hyperion enemies, and the Rubi is for Slag. The Heartbreaker is an awesome shotgun for Krieg, I just soloed Terra with it, and it's really easy to get. It also works better in close range than the Slowhand and you won't damage yourself with it.

This build gets so much extra melee damage/damage reduction when all of your bonuses are up, that it basically gives you the same amount of damage as speccing fully into mania would without the unfortunate downsides of hitting yourself in the face and getting shot by teammates. What you do, is you slag enemies with your Rubi and kill them with your Heartbreaker/Hellfire/Sawbar/Slowhand, which activates Blood Overdrive and Ignites yourself giving you huge amounts of damage reduction and bonus melee damage. You then either go into Blood Axe Rampage to make use of your melee damage bonuses or continue destroying everything with Fireballs and Bloodsplosions. It's really crazy when you see it in action.

The two points in manias first two skills are to make use of the legendary Psycho mod. I chose Hellfire Halitosis because it let's you set yourself back on fire while you're in Buzz Axe Rampage, resetting your damage reduction and melee bonuses.
---
Pokemon White FC: 4170-4725-7749 'The games balance was ruined by "competitive" players who turned off balancing features like final smashes.'Jacornon
#5Ray_MK_IIIPosted 6/20/2013 7:14:39 PM(edited)
Flame Flare is bugged as f*** right now (it randomly causes your fire DoT to hyperstack and insta-kill you), the people telling you to skip it are right. Hellfire Halitosis is also.... questionable, as the skill's visual effect can get stuck to your screen, obscuring your aim.
---
Ray_MK_III: Spouting philosophy and defending all that is awesome since 2006.
:P
#6BellethorPosted 6/20/2013 7:39:40 PM
Ray_MK_III posted...
Flame Flare is bugged as f*** right now (it randomly causes your fire DoT to hyperstack and insta-kill you), the people telling you to skip it are right. Hellfire Halitosis is also.... questionable, as the skill's visual effect can get stuck to your screen, obscuring your aim.

It's never happened to me before, I've found it quite useful
---
Pokemon White FC: 4170-4725-7749 'The games balance was ruined by "competitive" players who turned off balancing features like final smashes.'Jacornon
#7rudebasilisk99Posted 6/20/2013 7:58:27 PM
http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/psycho.html
#8BellethorPosted 6/20/2013 8:18:36 PM
rudebasilisk99 posted...
http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/psycho.html

lol wut
---
#9DarkLeemerPosted 6/20/2013 9:14:39 PM
Ray_MK_III posted...

Lmao. I was wondering why I would lose almost all my health in like 5 ticks. Guess I'm getting rid of this skill then.
---
I love circles cuz they're round and stuff!
XBL:Leemer1988 White- 2065-3480-9867
#10BellethorPosted 6/20/2013 9:21:02 PM
Bellethor posted...
Ray_MK_III posted...

It's never happened to me before, I've found it quite useful

And by that I mean, Hellfire Halitosis, not Flame Flare. Flame Flare is awful.

Hellfire Halitosis is incredibly useful since it's great for setting yourself back on fire while in Buzz Axe Rampage. That's a guaranteed extra 50% damage protection bonuses and even more melee bonuses if you took the related perks, rather than the 50% chance of setting yourself back on fire through the flame axe perk (and wasting 5 skill points)
---