Is there a faster way of getting through the preserve for the loot midgets?

#1HoboOfAwePosted 6/23/2013 5:03:41 AM
Yeah. People always talk about this method, but never seem to mention that it takes forever, which makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong running through the entire level. Am I missing a shortcut or something?
---
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
#2TrialZero654Posted 6/23/2013 5:13:04 AM
as far as i know, the only way to get the containers/midgets to respawn right away is to save and quit and then resume, which will always put you back at the beginning of the WEP

you don't have to actually fight everything on your way to the loot midgets, the only time you are actually forced to stop and fight in order to proceed is at the door just outside the animal holding cells, in which case the door will open only after you fight a few waves of loaders and the (Super/Ultimate) Badass Loader spawns
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
GT: Trialzero
#3Dreadsword101Posted 6/23/2013 5:18:02 AM
If you have the Natural Selection Annex unlocked then you can go in and out of that area so you will always spawn at the entrance to it whenever you reload. It saves a few minutes at least.
#4LaharPosted 6/23/2013 8:38:12 AM
In UVHM you have to make sure you complete the story mission's optional objective (collecting all slag samples), otherwise a bug won't let you spawn in or outside the Annex.

And yes, as mentioned, you can run past everything from the Fast Travel. In the main area with the Loaders, once through the door, try hugging the wall to your left until you reach a ladder (a bit past the Hyperion chest with the electrical field) then climb it. I was able to avoid any Loaders spawning by doing that.
---
I said runt.
#5spfurm01Posted 6/23/2013 11:01:11 AM
The fastest way to farm them is to basically be at that point in the story (having not going to bloodwing's cage area yet) and load from the natural selection annex.

If you continue in the story all those animal cells open leaving more stuff to kill.

At the part where you have to fight the stalkers/loaders, I've found it's most efficient to stand on top of the hill to the right. After you clear out the first couple of loaders that land up there the stalkers and loaders will spawn at the bottom and usually will distract themselves fighting each other.

Also as much as it's maligned using the Bee does make it a lot faster.
---
Currently playing: UnEpic (PC), Dragon's Dogma DA (360), Borderlands 2 (360)
#6Mr_PopelPosted 6/23/2013 1:16:48 PM
Well you could also do thousand cuts farming, with rockos quest active there'll be no enemies at all ... you just run through and open everything which will earn you 1-5 midgets (5 is the max i got so far) every run ... if you're really unlucky you might get runs without midgets though ... but opening the boxes can be accomplished a lot faster than WEP imo
---
Hey i'm not camping ... i'm "tactically waiting" :-D
#7spiralofninePosted 6/23/2013 6:53:56 PM
My Thousand Cuts runs have been yielding about one Loot Midget every 2 times while occasionally seeing more than one. 5 seems quite the anomaly or maybe Im doing it wrong.