what triggers enemy respawns?

#1ndog921Posted 6/24/2013 12:07:28 PM
I was doing a bunch of missions in Opportunity and I cleared out most areas. including 2 constructers (f*** those things) and a few Badasses. Then when I was doing a different mission they all respawned. Does it has anything to do with missions? time? I didn't leave the area so I have no idea why they would respawn...
---
You guys can have your shorter kill times with your fancy sharp swords and bludgeoning weapons. I'll spend the extra 5 minutes looking awesome. - Typhlax
#2Jambi_ManPosted 6/24/2013 12:15:11 PM(edited)
Time based re-spawns most of the time.

But sometimes you can clear an area, but if a quest takes you right back to the area, the quest will auto spawn enemies.

For example: of you kill the guys that drop the Helena Pierce echo in Southern Shelf, then grab claptrap to head to Flynt, those guys will auto spawn again because you have to kill them in order to "protect claptrap"...
---
Tool
Spiral Out...
#3P3nPaalPosted 6/24/2013 12:17:54 PM
Mobs have a timer and will respawn after a certain amount of time no matter what.

Some missions also trigger enemy spawn even if you've cleared out an area beforehand. For example: If you kill all the enemies around the statues in Opportunity and then start the "Statuesque" mission, enemies around the statues will respawn. If they didn't, the mission would just be you watching four statues get cut down w/o anything trying to stop you. pointless.
---
GT: P3NyaaH
#4ApexMjolnirPosted 6/24/2013 12:28:11 PM
If you travel more than a certain distance away, they will respawn faster than their normal rate.

I am fairly certain you can follow the day/night cycle.
---
GT: Wonderpill
#5ndog921(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 12:32:06 PM
ah okay. Thanks for the help
---
You guys can have your shorter kill times with your fancy sharp swords and bludgeoning weapons. I'll spend the extra 5 minutes looking awesome. - Typhlax