$70+ DLC, congraulations Borderlands 2

#31TsurukePosted 6/25/2013 12:09:23 PM(edited)
Pardon me, I read this as --

VeryDarkSoul posted...
Mechrowahhh Pack
Captain wahhhh and Her Pirate's Booty
Mr. Torgue's Campaign of wahhhh
Sir Hammerlock's Big wahhhh Hunt
Psycho wahhh
Tiny Tina's Assault on wahhhh Keep
wahhhh Slaughter Dome

= I'm too broke so I'm going to complain about it through insinuating means when I realize pre-ordering and getting the season pass would have been a better option -- but its not like anyone has me at gunpoint making me spend my money downloading these DLCs, though I'm going to complain as if that is the scenario.

+ all the misc costumes and collector's edition pack

= fur reals, bad men are making me download all these DLCs

Correct me if I am wrong.
Is this a cry for subtle help? What can I do to help TC?
#32DocOdinePosted 6/25/2013 12:08:12 PM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
SolidStryder posted...
VeryDarkSoul posted...
Mechromancer Pack
Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty
Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt
Psycho Pack
Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep
Creature Slaughter Dome
=$65

=$$$$$$$$$$$$

I have the season pass, and got the Mechro and Slaughter Dome for free.

You + fail = LOL

Ok so $50. Then if you got all the DLCs that actually add to the game, and paid full price on release, you paid $110 for ONE game

I paid $160 for Defiance ultimate version + some costume purchases. Over $400 in the life of my Final Fantasy XI subscription+expansions and around $200 for World of Warcraft. I'm sorry you are too broke/fail at financial management if any of those numbers seem large to you.
---
Incoming arkfall, boys! Grab your gear, it's time to make some scrip!
#33spfurm01Posted 6/25/2013 12:09:00 PM
You know GoW3 had like $70 in gun skins as DLC on day 1 right?
---
Currently playing: UnEpic (PC), Dragon's Dogma DA (360), Borderlands 2 (360)
#34TsurukePosted 6/25/2013 12:15:38 PM(edited)
Thread TL;DR: don't have the money to get the DLC? Don't buy it.
Paid for all the DLC and didn't like it? Should have looked at reviews.

Moral of this; To be an aware/smart consumer in the future so you don't get swindled or feeling as if you've been swindled.

/thread
#35RipTorePosted 6/25/2013 12:16:14 PM
Well considering this is pretty much the only game I have played since it's release...Ya I have gotten my moneys worth. Granted I'm a busy man with family, work kids etc so I I don't actually get to play all that much (I have a level siren, a level 42 zero, and a 56 commando) but even so, well worth the money IMO.
---
Check out the new, improved WOT board. Now with LESS topicality: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=408
#36vega2505Posted 6/25/2013 2:21:40 PM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
SolidStryder posted...
VeryDarkSoul posted...
Mechromancer Pack
Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty
Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt
Psycho Pack
Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep
Creature Slaughter Dome
=$65

=$$$$$$$$$$$$

I have the season pass, and got the Mechro and Slaughter Dome for free.

You + fail = LOL

Ok so $50. Then if you got all the DLCs that actually add to the game, and paid full price on release, you paid $110 for ONE game

Most games cost at least that much these days after you factor in DLC...some games go into the $500 range...damn Japan.
---
I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow to the knee.
#37DRCEQPosted 6/25/2013 2:58:59 PM
Soul Calibur V's DLC - all the costumes, the extra characters, the SCIV music- all adds up to over $100. This is nothing compared to that.
---
Meowahaha! Madness, Genius, the only difference between them is success! - Taokaka, Blaz Blue Continuum Shift
Motoko Kusanagi is my goddess!
#38reiko sawamuraPosted 6/25/2013 3:00:14 PM
I bought the season pass for $10 when it was Amazon's goldbox, and $10 for psycho wasnt too bad, so.....

Total: $20
---
If you believe in Taokaka, have accepted her as your lord and savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!.
#39WarpFrenzysPosted 6/25/2013 4:15:43 PM
Hope you don't ever want to play rockband...
#40Irvine TomoePosted 6/25/2013 4:24:23 PM
So I paid $60 retail, plus $40 for DLC (season pass and Krieg, got Gaige free), passed on the costumes . . . seems a fair deal to me. I paid more for both Fallout 3 and New Vegas, and regretted neither. And it only takes a few months of subscription, or buying the expansions, to match that for WoW, just "one game". This argument has been invalid for years.
---
Pokemon White Friendcode - 2193-7011-1635
BEEP BEEP RICHIE!