$70+ DLC, congraulations Borderlands 2

#51VeryDarkSoul(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 6:57:45 PM(edited)
It's all about the psychology I think everyone is ignoring. Would you buy a new game for around $110 dollars? Games have stayed at $60 but the actual cost for the full experience has gone up. Back in the old days, expansions added even more to a game, like a mini sequel. Nowadays they usually complete a game (like BL1's general knoxx, claptrap) or the expansion is just something stupid that adds nothing to the story (Like BL1's underdome, zombie island) They also were never more than half the MSRP of the actual game. Except for Blizzard. They liked to charge 40.
---
Ron Paul 2012
#52PensatoPosted 6/25/2013 7:17:01 PM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
SolidStryder posted...
VeryDarkSoul posted...
Mechromancer Pack
Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty
Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt
Psycho Pack
Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep
Creature Slaughter Dome
=$65

+ all the misc costumes and collector's edition pack

=$$$$$$$$$$$$

I have the season pass, and got the Mechro and Slaughter Dome for free.

You + fail = LOL

Ok so $50. Then if you got all the DLCs that actually add to the game, and paid full price on release, you paid $110 for ONE game

Did you just start gaming today or something? I mean it's been this way for years now. At least it's all new content and not crap that should have been on the disc day one.
#53BirthOfDeoxys17Posted 6/25/2013 7:25:59 PM
Your fault for not Pre-Ordering and getting some of that stuff free, and your fault for not buying the season pass. And why would you BUY skins?
#54headscar918Posted 6/25/2013 7:36:52 PM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
you paid $110 for ONE game

Hell yeah I did! This game came out on my birthday, so I got the limited Collector's edition(totally worth it), which I also got the Season Pass with(really worth it). The only DLC that I actually paid for was one Siren costume thing, since I had about 90 points leftover. It was kind of worth it.

But the game, as a whole? I LOVE IT.
---
When one sees the Trooper's ship, they might ask: "Y?"
GT: Skakul | MC: K07HeSc | DN: Skakul | SWTOR: Jung Ma: Azerr
#55TsurukePosted 6/25/2013 7:43:03 PM(edited)
VeryDarkSoul posted...
It's all about the psychology I think everyone is ignoring. Would you buy a new game for around $110 dollars? Games have stayed at $60 but the actual cost for the full experience has gone up. Back in the old days, expansions added even more to a game, like a mini sequel. Nowadays they usually complete a game (like BL1's general knoxx, claptrap) or the expansion is just something stupid that adds nothing to the story (Like BL1's underdome, zombie island) They also were never more than half the MSRP of the actual game. Except for Blizzard. They liked to charge 40.

TC see quote posted below.

Tsuruke posted...
Thread TL;DR: don't have the money to get the DLC? Don't buy it.
Paid for all the DLC and didn't like it? Should have looked at reviews.

Moral of this; To be an aware/smart consumer in the future so you don't get swindled or feeling as if you've been swindled.

/thread

People gladly will pay $120 for a (collectors edition, Game+DLC Packs, Ultimate Edition, Pre-Order incentives, etc..) game that they really want while some don't think its worth it, whether or not a game is worth the price is in the eye of the beholder -- one that does its research. Plain and simple.

/thread
#56gameslickerPosted 6/25/2013 8:13:57 PM(edited)
i just want to weigh in my 2 cents to the TC that dlc is NOT REQUIRED TO PLAY THIS GAME. if it was, there would be a prompt in the main menu stating "dlc is required to play this game."

regardless of having the money to buy the dlc or not, if you dont want to buy them, then dont. or do what one poster said earlier and use bing rewards if you feel you "must" buy all available dlc, including the character skins

edit: i have a little over 500 hours spent currently (2 characters at level 61, 2 in the mid 50s, 1 in the mid 30s) and this is without having krieg OR the new tiny tina dlc. my only regret is not having every character maxed out at 61 yet
#57SlumberMindPosted 6/25/2013 8:23:24 PM
^ DLC IS REQUIRED to get to level 61.
#58Neo_Strife23Posted 6/25/2013 9:57:24 PM
Nabbed the game for 25 bucks on Black Friday at Walmart last year.
Season pass was on sale during Xbox's year end sale for 1600.
Only 2 things I paid full price for were mechromancer pack and psycho pack
#59Zmapper33Posted 6/25/2013 9:59:46 PM
On PC I got the game at release for $37 and season pass for like $22. I haven't bought psycho DLC or loot/more levels because I really don't play that often.
#60SolidStryderPosted 6/25/2013 10:14:40 PM
VeryDarkSoul posted...

So, you're complaining that they usually either complete a game by releasing dlc, or they release dlc that's not necessary to the story and completely optional? Wat? Regardless, not one single piece of DLC released for Borderlands 2 has felt like it was necessary to own for a complete experience. It's all bonus material for people who want to play past the main game, because nothing about it felt incomplete. Dark Souls would be a better example of a game that had content cut, then released said content at a ridiculous price.