I have 3000 MS points.....what DLC should get?

#1grayfox1986Posted 6/25/2013 4:09:47 PM
The summer gaming drought has motivated me to replay this game. Now that I see all of the DLC is out, I think I will pick up at least some of it.

I will probably for sure get the new Tiny Tina DLC that came out today. And the level cap upgrade.

My question is......Are any of the other DLC packs worth it????

Should I bite the bullet and just get a season pass???

Your advice is appreciated.
---
"1.21 Gigawatts!?" - Dr. Emmett Brown
#2Jin_OniPosted 6/25/2013 4:14:30 PM
You should get the Season pass and save yourself some MS Points because the 4 DLC you get will cost you more in the end and you get perks for it too.
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist..."" - Barriers to Trans-Dimensional Travel, - R. Lutece, 1889
#3ndog921Posted 6/25/2013 4:15:20 PM
Season pass is probably the best bet. Considering you get the increased level cap AND 4 new DLC campaigns. Is like 800 per DLC isn't it? the Season pass is only 2400 so its like your getting 1 DLC for free, AND the increased level cap. Pretty good deal if you ask me :P
---
You guys can have your shorter kill times with your fancy sharp swords and bludgeoning weapons. I'll spend the extra 5 minutes looking awesome. - Typhlax
#4grayfox1986(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 4:16:18 PM
Jin_Oni posted...
You should get the Season pass and save yourself some MS Points because the 4 DLC you get will cost you more in the end and you get perks for it too.

interesting. I was not aware of this. What sort of perks?
---
#5Jin_OniPosted 6/25/2013 4:20:04 PM
ndog921 posted...
Season pass is probably the best bet. Considering you get the increased level cap AND 4 new DLC campaigns. Is like 800 per DLC isn't it? the Season pass is only 2400 so its like your getting 1 DLC for free, AND the increased level cap. Pretty good deal if you ask me :P

Yeah, the total comes to 3200 MS Points.
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist..."" - Barriers to Trans-Dimensional Travel, - R. Lutece, 1889
#6Jin_OniPosted 6/25/2013 4:25:35 PM
grayfox1986 posted...
Jin_Oni posted...

interesting. I was not aware of this. What sort of perks?

Well, on top of the 4 DLC's, you also get the level cap as well as UVHM for free.
---
#7grayfox1986(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 4:26:10 PM
My only concern is that I remember hearing some less than awesome things about some of the other DLC

So for example, if 2 of the DLC packs aren't really worth it, then I am still cheaper just buying 2 good DLC packs (at 800 MSP each) and the level upgrade (at 400) 2000 > 2400
---
#8grayfox1986(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 4:27:39 PM
whats UVHM? pardon my ignorance
---
#9JagorosPosted 6/25/2013 4:59:39 PM
grayfox1986 posted...
whats UVHM? pardon my ignorance

Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode. It's the next playthrough that scales to your level. It also allows you to restart it from scratch (resets your quests) and you can do this repeatedly if you'd like.

While no one can convince you if you've made up your mind, I'd also recommend the season pass. Torgue DLC is pretty awesome (funny, good maps), the Pirate DLC is fun (good maps, nice loot) and the Big Game Hunt is okay (good loot). With the next DLC just released today, I can't speak for that one yet but it looks pretty awesome. Plus you'll get the increased level cap which is about 5 bucks without the season pass. So, in reality if you bought 2/4 on the expansions (1600) and the level cap (400) you'd be spending 2000 points. Meaning for 400 more points you could get TWO expansions. It just doesn't make sense to me to do it any other way, but hey, it's your points. =)
---
~Jagoros
Madness takes it's toll. Please have exact change ready.
#10grayfox1986(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 5:02:22 PM
thanks Jagoros (and everyone who posted). I think I will indeed go for the season pass. happy vault hunting
---