Anyone have an extra Afterburner relic?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Anyone have an extra Afterburner relic?

User Info: Casyle

Casyle
3 years ago#1
I'm working on the races in Torgue's dlc and I just barely beat the 2nd teir as the clock hit zero, and that's with using shortcuts. *Laughs*

I never ran into a use for the Afterburner so I eventually sold it as I ran out of room in my storage. *Sighs* I, wrongly, assumed that dropped relics in the future could have the same effects.

Does anyone by chance have any extras? I don't have much to trade, but I'll look at what I've got.

If so please send a PM to my Gamertag, Casyle.
Gamertag - Casyle

User Info: megaman91985

megaman91985
3 years ago#2
I've can dupe it for you. Still need to use it myself.

GT: MegamanNT19
Amy Anderson/Ami Mizuno lover! ^_^
Check profile for FCs.

Casyle
3 years ago#3
Ah, cool, that'll work!

I'm wondering if Tier 3 is even possible without the Afterburner. Twice now I've used every shortcut I know about, including jumping onto the overpass, and each time I'm falling short just 3 or so seconds of the finish line.

Do you want me to send you an invite? Or want me to join your game?
Gamertag - Casyle

megaman91985
3 years ago#4
I could show you how I do it then you can try yourself. With no mistakes I pass it with 10 seconds to spare.
Check profile for FCs.

Casyle
3 years ago#5
I'm up for anything that'll help me get past that blasted race.
Gamertag - Casyle

megaman91985
3 years ago#6
Alrighty invite me then.
Check profile for FCs.

Casyle
3 years ago#7
Thanks for drivin'! *Laughs*

Still lookin' for someone that's lvl 41 or under and that'll dupe or trade an Afterburner, so I can farm Torgue tokens.

The stretch Mega showed me certainly works, but without Afterburner, at least for me, you have to be dang near perfect. *Laughs* I keep bumping something near the end as I try to thread thru the broken vehicles/barrels at the 2nd to last checkpoint.
Gamertag - Casyle

megaman91985
3 years ago#8
Yeah you weren't kidding. I tried it again with no afterburner and I passed it on the first try, but with only 3 seconds to spare no mistakes.
Check profile for FCs.

Casyle
3 years ago#9
3 seconds to spare!? Crimeny, I need to practice more!

I just did it about as flawlessly as I can and I literally fell short about half a second to a second.

I'm gobsmacked as to how ya did it with 3 seconds to spare, jeeze... Three times in a row now I've fallen short a second or less. Oh well.
Gamertag - Casyle

Casyle
3 years ago#10
FINALLY! I'm not gobsmacked anymore, though I'm still incredibly impressed at doing it with 3 seconds left.

It's allll about hitting that last jump straight. If ya hit it at even a small angle there's a good chance that the vehicle will hit the ground and bounce you sideways you off course right into a pillar. I would have got it with closer to a full second left rather than 0, but I clipped the fender of the broken car just before the 2nd to last checkpoint, causing me to get some air, and go sideways a bit, wasting some time.

Anyho, still would like to get my grubby little mits on an Afterburner eventually, but at least I know how to do this, sometimes, if I can drive near perfectly *Laughs*

Anyhow, I'll shut-up now. If I get an Afterburner relic I'll close this topic.
Gamertag - Casyle
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Anyone have an extra Afterburner relic?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived