Anyone have an extra Afterburner relic?

#1CasylePosted 6/26/2013 2:55:18 AM
I'm working on the races in Torgue's dlc and I just barely beat the 2nd teir as the clock hit zero, and that's with using shortcuts. *Laughs*

I never ran into a use for the Afterburner so I eventually sold it as I ran out of room in my storage. *Sighs* I, wrongly, assumed that dropped relics in the future could have the same effects.

Does anyone by chance have any extras? I don't have much to trade, but I'll look at what I've got.

If so please send a PM to my Gamertag, Casyle.
---
Gamertag - Casyle
#2megaman91985Posted 6/26/2013 2:56:54 AM
I've can dupe it for you. Still need to use it myself.

GT: MegamanNT19
---
Amy Anderson/Ami Mizuno lover! ^_^
Check profile for FCs.
#3Casyle(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 3:06:29 AM(edited)
Ah, cool, that'll work!

I'm wondering if Tier 3 is even possible without the Afterburner. Twice now I've used every shortcut I know about, including jumping onto the overpass, and each time I'm falling short just 3 or so seconds of the finish line.

Do you want me to send you an invite? Or want me to join your game?
---
Gamertag - Casyle
#4megaman91985Posted 6/26/2013 3:07:15 AM
I could show you how I do it then you can try yourself. With no mistakes I pass it with 10 seconds to spare.
---
Check profile for FCs.
#5Casyle(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 3:08:35 AM
I'm up for anything that'll help me get past that blasted race.
---
Gamertag - Casyle
#6megaman91985Posted 6/26/2013 3:09:36 AM
Alrighty invite me then.
---
Check profile for FCs.
#7Casyle(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 3:33:16 AM
Thanks for drivin'! *Laughs*

Still lookin' for someone that's lvl 41 or under and that'll dupe or trade an Afterburner, so I can farm Torgue tokens.

The stretch Mega showed me certainly works, but without Afterburner, at least for me, you have to be dang near perfect. *Laughs* I keep bumping something near the end as I try to thread thru the broken vehicles/barrels at the 2nd to last checkpoint.
---
Gamertag - Casyle
#8megaman91985Posted 6/26/2013 3:41:28 AM
Yeah you weren't kidding. I tried it again with no afterburner and I passed it on the first try, but with only 3 seconds to spare no mistakes.
---
Check profile for FCs.
#9Casyle(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 4:09:57 AM(edited)
3 seconds to spare!? Crimeny, I need to practice more!

I just did it about as flawlessly as I can and I literally fell short about half a second to a second.

I'm gobsmacked as to how ya did it with 3 seconds to spare, jeeze... Three times in a row now I've fallen short a second or less. Oh well.
---
Gamertag - Casyle
#10Casyle(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 4:20:54 AM(edited)
FINALLY! I'm not gobsmacked anymore, though I'm still incredibly impressed at doing it with 3 seconds left.

It's allll about hitting that last jump straight. If ya hit it at even a small angle there's a good chance that the vehicle will hit the ground and bounce you sideways you off course right into a pillar. I would have got it with closer to a full second left rather than 0, but I clipped the fender of the broken car just before the 2nd to last checkpoint, causing me to get some air, and go sideways a bit, wasting some time.

Anyho, still would like to get my grubby little mits on an Afterburner eventually, but at least I know how to do this, sometimes, if I can drive near perfectly *Laughs*

Anyhow, I'll shut-up now. If I get an Afterburner relic I'll close this topic.
---
Gamertag - Casyle