How exactly does the Siren's Ward skill work?

#11xboxBUNZILLAPosted 6/27/2013 8:43:28 PM
Gearbox doesn't know how to math.
---
some of yall have as much of an opinion as inanimate objects.
#12spfurm01Posted 6/28/2013 12:24:24 AM
Turtle shields, including the Hoplite, have a base capacity and then have the majority of their capacity in a another (hidden) bonus applied from the fact that they're tortoise shields. Ward and shield boosts only boost base capacity, which is why equipping the Fabled Tortoise and Hoplite on Maya is a very disappointing ordeal.

Ward is great, however, for reducing shield recharge delay.
---
Currently playing: UnEpic (PC), Dragon's Dogma DA (360), Borderlands 2 (360)
#13TrialZero654(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 12:55:53 AM(edited)
spfurm01 posted...
Turtle shields, including the Hoplite, have a base capacity and then have the majority of their capacity in a another (hidden) bonus applied from the fact that they're tortoise shields. Ward and shield boosts only boost base capacity, which is why equipping the Fabled Tortoise and Hoplite on Maya is a very disappointing ordeal.

ah, thanks i didn't know this, that clears a few things up

However, that still doesn't explain the discrepancy between those 2 Evolution shields from my post up there:

Evolution 1
Base capacity: 98,798; + bonuses = 157,540, which is correct at around a 59% increase

Evolution 2
Base capacity: 160,447; + bonuses = 226,239, which is only about a 41% increase

the Evolution is, obviously, not a turtle shield, and the lower capacity one is receiving an appropriate amount of extra capacity based on my bonuses, while the higher capacity one is receiving the exact same static increase, resulting in a lower overall percentage increase
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
GT: Trialzero
#14spfurm01Posted 6/28/2013 12:57:17 AM
TrialZero654 posted...
spfurm01 posted...

ah, thanks i didn't know this, that clears a few things up

However, that still doesn't explain the discrepancy between those 2 Evolution shields from my post up there:

Evolution 1
Base capacity: 98,798; + bonuses = 157,540, which is correct at around a 59% increase

Evolution 2
Base capacity: 160,447; + bonuses = 226,239, which is only about a 41% increase

oddly enough, both of those Evolutions are receiving the exact same bonus (65,792), even though one has almost double the base capacity of the other

the Evolution is, obviously, not a turtle shield, and the lower capacity one is receiving an appropriate amount of extra capacity based on my bonuses, while the higher capacity one is receiving the exact same static increase, resulting in a lower overall percentage increase

My guess would be the parts of the shield that are increasing the capacity are not increasing the base capacity, thus not receiving the shield capacity bonus.
---
Currently playing: UnEpic (PC), Dragon's Dogma DA (360), Borderlands 2 (360)
#15TrialZero654(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 1:09:01 AM(edited)
well. i can understand that, though perhaps not accept it

makes it seem like they took extra care to account for different variables and attempt to balance with skills like this, yet completely ignore some other obviously broken skills like Immolate

edit: or just forgot to account for said variables again >_>
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
GT: Trialzero
#16kiwimyweeweePosted 6/28/2013 1:04:45 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/638785-borderlands-2/66065675
---
Victimization is the current fad of America.