Getting ready for UVHM

#1Axel_GunshinPosted 7/1/2013 7:59:41 PM
Right now I'm just trying to work out what should do with my build before making that leap into UVHM to make sure I have my bases covered. I am mostly sure right now that I will be taking a Florentine, DPUH, and Swordplosion with me for the time being, but I dont know what to do with my 4th weapon slot. I had been using a PCC for AA purposes, but is sucks as a back up weapon and pales in comparison as FFYL weapon since the Swordplosion works well for that and for being an accurate weapon to use on Bosses when resistances are a problem.

x4 Magic Missile gives me a decent Slag option to fall back on when using other weapons and Antagonist gives me a decent way to keep Slag procs in play for most of the fight.

The other problem I have from not being able to make up my mind on a fourth weapon is that it also messes with my build. I've been using Infinity as a stopgap option for covering AA and being a backup at the same time, but to make it a viable weapon I have to give up the reload speed bonus I would get from Smaller, Lighter, Faster.

This is the build I am using for the sake of keeping Infinity live: http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromancer.html#550000150551555015000300000000000000

And this is the build I would feel more comfortable with if I could figure out a better fourth weapon to use: http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromancer.html#550000150551555014000000400000000000

I have gotten suggestions of using a Pimpernel, and honestly a Stinger would be nice since that looks like it would give me the AA lead spam I am looking for. Would be nice to get some ideas for what to use as a fourth weapon though, since I am aware that the Infinity is not really all that great.
---
XBL Gamertag: I Tsunayoshi I
#2JkickitPosted 7/1/2013 8:18:18 PM
ANARCHY! Smash the system!
---
http://i.imgur.com/qfsbZAm.png -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands 2/Battleblock Theater/Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
#3Axel_Gunshin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 8:27:07 PM
Jkickit posted...
ANARCHY! Smash the system!

No thanks. Tried Anarchy, 10 years of FPS habits pretty much make it so I'm shooting myself in the foot and constantly botching attempts at getting stacks.
---
#4JkickitPosted 7/1/2013 9:13:42 PM
B-but there are skills for fire rate, reload speed, and decreased mag size. Easy to avoid force reloading. Plus reloading after Discord stops it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qfsbZAm.png -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands 2/Battleblock Theater/Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
#5Azrael0206Posted 7/1/2013 9:21:22 PM
Jkickit posted...
B-but there are skills for fire rate, reload speed, and decreased mag size. Easy to avoid force reloading. Plus reloading after Discord stops it.

He just wants to survive Uvhm, he doesn't want to be good at it.
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
"If it helps you understand, I am forever years old"
#6Axel_Gunshin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 9:29:00 PM
You say that as if anyone that runs a build that doesnt use Anarchy are automatically bad.
---
#7stickboy2323Posted 7/1/2013 9:51:50 PM
Axel_Gunshin posted...
You say that as if anyone that runs a build that doesnt use Anarchy are automatically bad.

Non-Anarchy builds are not automatically bad. Just less good.

The thing about UVHM is that it really adheres to the old adage "The best defense is a good offense." Enemies' damage scales so crazily in UVHM that unless you are putting out a ton of damage they will win your mini war of attrition. Anarchy is Gaige's best way of keeping ahead of the damage curve, especially when you get that point when your guns start to underperform.

If you really are that committed to not using anarchy make sure you are mentally prepared for the constant ridicule if the Hyperion New-U stations.
---
Badass Rank: 10
#8EX_Cirnochao222Posted 7/1/2013 9:54:11 PM
Axel_Gunshin posted...

Not necessarily bad, but refusing to play to a character's strengths is still detrimental to your potential, no matter how good you are, and the Ordered Chaos tree can be one of Gaige's greatest assets.
#9Axel_Gunshin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 10:00:31 PM
stickboy2323 posted...
Axel_Gunshin posted...

Non-Anarchy builds are not automatically bad. Just less good.

The thing about UVHM is that it really adheres to the old adage "The best defense is a good offense." Enemies' damage scales so crazily in UVHM that unless you are putting out a ton of damage they will win your mini war of attrition. Anarchy is Gaige's best way of keeping ahead of the damage curve, especially when you get that point when your guns start to underperform.

If you really are that committed to not using anarchy make sure you are mentally prepared for the constant ridicule if the Hyperion New-U stations.

Deathtrap is every bit as much as an asset as Anarchy can be in the hands of someone that is actually used to that sort of playstyle. I've tried Anarchy and do not care for the playstyle as its one of the most cumbersome things I've had to deal with in the game. There is also the fact that alot of the new gear has made ShockDT based builds so much better and viable in UVHM, and this is a build I am far more comfortable with and geared for.

EX_Cirnochao222 posted...
Axel_Gunshin posted...

Not necessarily bad, but refusing to play to a character's strengths is still detrimental to your potential, no matter how good you are, and the Ordered Chaos tree can be one of Gaige's greatest assets.

See what I said above. Anarchy isnt her only asset. Just the one with the most potential in the hands of someone comfortable with the playstyle demanded.
---
#10EX_Cirnochao222Posted 7/1/2013 10:06:32 PM
Axel_Gunshin posted...
See what I said above. Anarchy isnt her only asset. Just the one with the most potential in the hands of someone comfortable with the playstyle demanded.

I never said it was her only one to begin with, in fact all I said was that that tree can be one of her greatest assets. Not even necessarily the Anarchy-related ones, Blood Soaked Shields in particular.

Personally I find that Ordered Chaos is amazing and have a hard time imagining Gaige without it, but can be a real hassle when dealing with aerial targets (where Discord comes into play).