Getting ready for UVHM

#11Axel_Gunshin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 10:09:45 PM
EX_Cirnochao222 posted...
Axel_Gunshin posted...
See what I said above. Anarchy isnt her only asset. Just the one with the most potential in the hands of someone comfortable with the playstyle demanded.

I never said it was her only one to begin with, in fact all I said was that that tree can be one of her greatest assets. Not even necessarily the Anarchy-related ones, Blood Soaked Shields in particular.

Personally I find that Ordered Chaos is amazing and have a hard time imagining Gaige without it, but can be a real hassle when dealing with aerial targets (where Discord comes into play).

I'm the same way with the BFF tree. I might cut stuff out of it because its not really optimal or good to start with, but its hard for me not to use Gaige with the best thing she has ever built.
---
XBL Gamertag: I Tsunayoshi I
#12BowserZeroPosted 7/1/2013 10:14:45 PM
Also TC would you like aid for your UVHM Experience?
Be willing to team up with sometime if you'd like.
I usually use my Zerker, Krieg, or Assassin-o.
---
- - Loyalty to the Blade >
Gamertag: BowserZero
#13Axel_Gunshin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 10:17:55 PM
BowserZero posted...

I'd like to try and swing it solo first before jumping for help. Offer is appreciated though.
---
#14BowserZeroPosted 7/1/2013 10:19:59 PM
Axel_Gunshin posted...
BowserZero posted...

I'd like to try and swing it solo first before jumping for help. Offer is appreciated though.

Fine by me.
I'll be about if you do swing the co-opertive route.
---
- - Loyalty to the Blade >
Gamertag: BowserZero
#15EX_Cirnochao222Posted 7/1/2013 10:20:58 PM
Axel_Gunshin posted...
I'm the same way with the BFF tree. I might cut stuff out of it because its not really optimal or good to start with, but its hard for me not to use Gaige with the best thing she has ever built.

I use the BFF tree and Ordered Chaos tree when doing "normal" play, but tend to put more focus on balance when preparing for something.
http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromancer.html#551004101451000000000000415150151051
That's what I do when running around, and on average, something like
http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromancer.html#550004101000500055100510415100151000 when dealing with tougher scenarios.

Raid bosses are all case-specific builds, like heavy stacks/melee-damage/regen for Hyperius.
#16JkickitPosted 7/1/2013 10:22:59 PM
Axel_Gunshin posted...
You say that as if anyone that runs a build that doesnt use Anarchy are automatically bad.

I don't recall saying that at all. I just said Anarchy is beastly and you're losing lots of damage on your Gaige. I've seen DT builds work, not so much for bosses though. And even fo mobs, having anarchy + close enough just kills everything in your screen.

stickboy2323 posted...
Axel_Gunshin posted...
You say that as if anyone that runs a build that doesnt use Anarchy are automatically bad.

Non-Anarchy builds are not automatically bad. Just less good.

The thing about UVHM is that it really adheres to the old adage "The best defense is a good offense." Enemies' damage scales so crazily in UVHM that unless you are putting out a ton of damage they will win your mini war of attrition. Anarchy is Gaige's best way of keeping ahead of the damage curve, especially when you get that point when your guns start to underperform.

If you really are that committed to not using anarchy make sure you are mentally prepared for the constant ridicule if the Hyperion New-U stations.

Basically this. You want to out DPS enemies.
Also, I doubt DT would do well against raid bosses. Just an aggro sponge for them, if even that for a few seconds.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qfsbZAm.png -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands 2/Battleblock Theater/Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
#17Axel_Gunshin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 10:49:43 PM
Jkickit posted...
Axel_Gunshin posted...

I don't recall saying that at all. I just said Anarchy is beastly and you're losing lots of damage on your Gaige. I've seen DT builds work, not so much for bosses though. And even fo mobs, having anarchy + close enough just kills everything in your screen.

stickboy2323 posted...
Axel_Gunshin posted...

Non-Anarchy builds are not automatically bad. Just less good.

The thing about UVHM is that it really adheres to the old adage "The best defense is a good offense." Enemies' damage scales so crazily in UVHM that unless you are putting out a ton of damage they will win your mini war of attrition. Anarchy is Gaige's best way of keeping ahead of the damage curve, especially when you get that point when your guns start to underperform.

If you really are that committed to not using anarchy make sure you are mentally prepared for the constant ridicule if the Hyperion New-U stations.

Basically this. You want to out DPS enemies.
Also, I doubt DT would do well against raid bosses. Just an aggro sponge for them, if even that for a few seconds.

The post was aimed at the guy deciding to troll/flame me for not using Anarchy. Secondly, the weapon set that I am planning on taking is not only for trying to out DPS, but to make sure I can pull my own ass out of the fire.

Speaking of, weapon set has changed and I'm back into the build using SLF since I dont have an Infinity to worry about not working.

Weapons are Florentine [Main], Shreddifier(Non-Ele) [AA/Backup Weapon], Butcher(Slag) [FFYL}, and DPUH [Heavies/Bosses] for the time being. Fibber and Sand Hawk (Both Shock) are sitting in the inventory for if/when they are needed.

Still using Magic Missile x4 mod (lv50) for another Slag option, seeing as Slag is pretty much what you wanna have for any and everything alive that isnt you or an ally. Legendary Mecro Mod. Antagonist shield (more slaging for anything shooting me or DT). Proficiency Relic for the time being until I can get a Shock Bone of the Ancients to replace it and augment the build further to what I want in regards to damage.

Its not like I havent already put thought into the build and with the more than promising results I was seeing once I was actually getting gear combinations in place I'd expect to be able to hold my own for the most part as long as my gear was at least up to par for what I expected to be facing.
---
#18Azrael0206Posted 7/1/2013 11:31:20 PM
Check yaself TC
I wasn't trolling or flaming.
The fact is OC/LBT Gaige is better overall in terms of crushing UVHM. You've been presented with several arguments in favor of exactly that, yet you still refuse to yield and try it.
DT is too glitchy to rely upon, he'll only cause frustration in Ultimate if you put a lot of emphasis on him.
OC tree will help you demolish enemies before they pose any real threat.
Clearly you don't want to be the best because you didnt take anyones suggestions, you just want to get by.
I dont really care either way, its your game. When you rage over your poorly decided BFF build it won't affect me in the slightest
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
"If it helps you understand, I am forever years old"
#19Axel_Gunshin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 11:39:07 PM(edited)
Your condescending tone betrays your true intentions. You can stop posting if you have no intention to stop with the insults.
---
#20JkickitPosted 7/1/2013 11:43:25 PM
Azrael0206 posted...
-snip-

Says the guy who brings a Gaige to a raid boss without having dem stacks.
jk jk. Yo ma bro, forgive me?

@TC - don't mind Az, he hasn't played with me today. Gets a little cranky.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qfsbZAm.png -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands 2/Battleblock Theater/Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon