Ugh, the story DLC wasn't even worth the half off price it was on sale for

#11Angrybird05Posted 7/5/2013 8:57:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12DivineCrawd2000Posted 7/5/2013 10:28:41 PM
I've only beaten The Pirate DLC and I thought it wasn't that bad...Scarlett and the Hermit(name slips my mind now) were funny and cool characters. All the fetch quest did get old though.
---
Xbox Tag: ED ESTL PSN: SBChuck
SSFIV Main: Chun-Li Sub: Juri
#13MondayNightY2JPosted 7/5/2013 11:09:59 PM
gunsndroses posted...
Pirates: Meh
Torgue: Very good
Hammerlock: Terrible
Tina: Outstanding

But all still failed to replicate the magic that Knoxx brought. Overall BL2's DLC was of a lesser quality than BL1's.

On second glance though, BL2 added new characters. So I guess theres that. But BL1 definitely had better campaign DLC.

Agree with this assessment completely. Mister Torque is my favorite character though so I'm biased. All his dialogue cracked me up.
---
I'm the Helen Keller of sexual stuff... no wait, that's a bad example.
#14orionpax22Posted 7/5/2013 11:16:36 PM
Now I just back into boarderlands 2 and haven't played any of the dlcs except the DnD one, but there is no way I would call the first games dlc "lightning".

I really enjoyed Claptrap's Revolution, but other than that the Underdome was terrible and glitchy, I've gotten stuck in the map on the final round of one of the final cups before. A lot of time wasted. You basically were paying for an increased bank. Maybe if they added XP gain it could have been alright. The Dr. Ned's Zombie dlc had some good humor (specifically with claptrap), but I didn't find it better than vanilla game. General Knoxx was stretched out by the long drives in the desert because of the lack of fast travel stations. It was such a drag. Have one mission left? Why not drive through 5 areas to get there, then have to drive all the way back there for part two. I spent way more time traveling than anything else in Knoxx. I hated it.

All of this stuff is my opinion of course, but from what I've experienced in the Tiny Tina dlc so far is any representation of the rest of them, it is an improvement from last time.
#15itachi1997Posted 7/5/2013 11:44:30 PM
Hold up Erik, just let me think of a welch joke...
---
Ex PotD detective, also a Rogue Demon Hunter,
http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/dark-knight-beats.gif
#16StaticPenguinPosted 7/6/2013 12:28:09 AM
Erik_P posted...
Big Game Hunt is boring; I can barely bring myself to play it.

Captain Scarlett is alright but ultimately forgettable.

Campaign of Carnage is alright.

Considering what a waste those 3 are I have a hard time believing the last one is any better.

If it makes you feel better, Gearbox outsourced the first 3 DLC.
---
It's over idiot. You're going to die here now and the last words out of your mouth will have been.... Poop train. ~ Kreig
#17CovenantPosted 7/6/2013 1:11:10 AM
Erik_P posted...
Big Game Hunt is boring; I can barely bring myself to play it.

Captain Scarlett is alright but ultimately forgettable.

Campaign of Carnage is alright.

Considering what a waste those 3 are I have a hard time believing the last one is any better.

DLC 4 is easily twice as good as Campaign of Carnage.
#18ApexMjolnirPosted 7/6/2013 8:03:48 AM
These might be better if you understand this:

Scarlett DLC = Sandhawk + Pirate head
Hammerlock DLC = 0 Capacity Shield + Animal Print skin
Torgue DLC = TORGUE + Barroom Brawl + TORGUE
Tiny Tina DLC = Story Closure + TORGUE + Campaign + Upgraded regular guns + PUNCHING

I was kinds hoping to remember the name of the 0 capacity shield before posting, but I am sure right after I click post, I will remember.
---
GT: Wonderpill