Gaige or Maya

#1nintendo_yoshiPosted 7/6/2013 4:13:34 PM
So it's been a long time since I started BL 2 and was going to start over from scratch... Who would y'all recommend for someone planning on going solo for the majority of the game Gaige or Maya.
---
Gamertag: CCR87
#2MrImpatient35Posted 7/6/2013 4:15:23 PM
Solo? I'd recommend Gaige. Her action skill is like having another player with you. That's why I like her for playing solo.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
I have Dysarthria, so I don't talk much.
#3CaptainWolfPosted 7/6/2013 4:18:01 PM
Maya is my favorite of the two, but they're two very different characters.

What kind of playstyle do you generally prefer when playing other RPGs or FPSs?
---
I once shot an elephant in my pyjamas,
now I'm wanted for poaching.
#4nintendo_yoshi(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 4:30:24 PM
Generally more of a soldier type, but wanted to try something different than my norm.
---
#5CaptainWolfPosted 7/6/2013 5:13:39 PM
Well, I'm horrible at making this kind of suggestion, so I'll just list crap you probably already knew.

Going from the right Skill Tree to the left, Maya's specialties include dealing large amounts of elemental damage, fire and corrosion in particular, tanking lots o' hits with constant HP regen, and keeping crowds of enemies under control. She also has at least one good sniping skill in each tree(Reaper, Mind's Eye, Accelerate).

I haven't played around with Gaige much, but her specialties, right-to-left, include dealing tremendous amounts of raw damage at the cost of accuracy, which encourages aggressive close-combat with shotguns and automatic weapons, doing crazy stuff with shock damage, and a low risk - low reward skill tree with an emphasis on powering up your robo-buddy.

Any mechro vets correct me, please.
---
I once shot an elephant in my pyjamas,
now I'm wanted for poaching.
#6nintendo_yoshi(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 8:43:32 PM
Thanks for the input! I appreciate it, think I'm gonna try Maya out.
---
#7ThirtyThr33Posted 7/6/2013 10:52:58 PM
Man, Gaige can be so much fun with the right spec combos. Get full stacks on anarchy, have almost going and light up enemies with an electric plasmacaster that despite its poor aim will do massive damage (not to mention a majority of the rounds will practically heatseek) and cause fire damage ontop of shock.
---
NUKING THEM SITS WELL WITH ME!!!
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#8lengthycobra69Posted 7/9/2013 11:46:58 AM
I been maining gaige since she came out. But am playing maya now. Both have their pros and cons. As a solo player, gaige will always be the best in the game because she has a pet. A pet that can literally clear out a room for you and you not fire a single shot.

Hell even at 50 me and 2 friends were playing the new tiny tina dlc last night and I'm watching Deathtrap go toe to toe with a bad ass on True vault hunter mode. Anarchy does help out no doubt. thing with DT is the more you and him kill, the longer he stays out and the stronger he gets. A flying robot of death that chases anything down and can tank most bosses for you is why she is easiest to solo.

Now don't get me wrong, everyone in this game can solo and everyone is good. But when gaige first came out people whined the robot was too strong lol. I was like wow ok so your pet is doing too much work and you picked a pet class? Yeah makes sense
#9CecilPosted 7/9/2013 12:19:12 PM
Gaige isn't the easiest in the game to solo, that honor goes to Sal and Krieg, however between Maya and Gaige the easier would be the mecromancer, however I got Gaige to lvl 51 and got bored(no offense Gaige players) however I still play my lvl 61 Siren today, to me she is the more fun of the two.
#10lengthycobra69Posted 7/9/2013 12:27:58 PM
Cecil posted...
Gaige isn't the easiest in the game to solo, that honor goes to Sal and Krieg, however between Maya and Gaige the easier would be the mecromancer, however I got Gaige to lvl 51 and got bored(no offense Gaige players) however I still play my lvl 61 Siren today, to me she is the more fun of the two.

perhaps at 51 or higher but I been playing this game since release and have never died as much as I do with Krieg lol. I enter torgue dlc and can take on the bad t rex with my dt at 30. With krieg I lost count of how many times I died fighting that and motor momma etc. Same as sal. I'm leveling maya and my buddy has sal at 47 and he was getting downed constantly last night even fighting bloodwing.

Nothing like a robot being a constant tank and I beat the warrior on TVHM simply because DT would kill raks only. So each time the warrior would down me, half a second I got second wind because of DT killing raks. He had over 120 stacks lol on his ability. Only person i really see coming close to her is axton because that turret is epic