How do I continue a game with the gun that I am holding?

#1DougEInstructorPosted 7/8/2013 4:19:29 PM
I mostly use smgs and ars and when I save and quit those are the guns I have in my hand but when I continue my game it'll spawn me with my rocket launcher or sniper out for some reason which I barely use making me have to switch every time. Is there a way so to make it so that you spawn with the gun you want?
#2doreycolePosted 7/8/2013 4:20:52 PM
Unequip the other weapons
---
GT: doreycole
NIghtRanger man, Night...Ranger
#3TrialZero654Posted 7/8/2013 4:23:11 PM
well, i have noticed this and attempted to switch to something that would put the right weapon in my hands (such as using the weapon right before it, assuming it might automatically switch to the next weapon), however i really haven't experimented with it much

but... is this really much of an issue? i pretty much just shrugged after a few tries.. you have to switch guns in this game pretty often anyways, whats one more button press
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
GT: Trialzero
#43SecondsPosted 7/8/2013 4:30:23 PM
Wow...Just when I thought there nothing else to complain about.
#5stickboy2323Posted 7/8/2013 4:50:35 PM
But the gun he wants to use is not in his hand at this exact moment. Do you actually expect him to press Y or use the D-pad?!?!?!?! Madness.
---
Badass Rank: 10
#6DougEInstructor(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 4:52:47 PM
TrialZero654 posted...
well, i have noticed this and attempted to switch to something that would put the right weapon in my hands (such as using the weapon right before it, assuming it might automatically switch to the next weapon), however i really haven't experimented with it much

but... is this really much of an issue? i pretty much just shrugged after a few tries.. you have to switch guns in this game pretty often anyways, whats one more button press

I have been farming an enemy for hours and hours trying to get a rare head and it would be easier if I immediately started off with my shock element weapon. Having to press the d-pad over and over can be quite annoying.
#7friend123Posted 7/8/2013 4:53:38 PM
stickboy2323 posted...
But the gun he wants to use is not in his hand at this exact moment. Do you actually expect him to press Y or use the D-pad?!?!?!?! Madness.

Madness....I thought this was Borderlands 2....I am wrong damn board. Good day to you all, now if you will excuse me.
---
It all makes perfect sense as long as you don't think about it. "Hulk touch bad man, like bad man touched Betty."
#8Manor_47Posted 7/8/2013 5:18:54 PM
Not sure why people are giving him a hard time about this, it's not like he's raging about it, he's just asking a simple question on a forum....isn't that what forums are for?!

How na´ve of me, I forget Gfaqs is for trolling, flaming and ridiculing anyone that actually tries to use it as it was meant to be used.
#9DougEInstructor(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 6:08:47 PM
Manor_47 posted...
Not sure why people are giving him a hard time about this, it's not like he's raging about it, he's just asking a simple question on a forum....isn't that what forums are for?!

How na´ve of me, I forget Gfaqs is for trolling, flaming and ridiculing anyone that actually tries to use it as it was meant to be used.

My feelings were legit hurt and so is my thumb from pressing the dpad while farming this enemy.
#10friend123Posted 7/8/2013 6:15:09 PM
unequipped the weapons you don't want to use, and leave the weapon you want to use equipped.
---
It all makes perfect sense as long as you don't think about it. "Hulk touch bad man, like bad man touched Betty."