if you had to come up with a new skill for a character....

#1gtoor14Posted 7/8/2013 11:19:29 PM
what would it be?

i was thinking maybe a character who could manipulate the elements
---
Texas Longhorns 9-4..............49ers 11-4-1
PSN: gooftroop79........Gamertag: TheBeardedOne79.............Steam:TheBeardedone79
#2Blade_Of_IcePosted 7/8/2013 11:27:05 PM
like maya?
#3zero42gPosted 7/9/2013 1:17:46 AM
A character that is a mechanical genius. At the first skill level he gets short flight distance with the Crimson Lance Jetpack from the B1 Knox DLC. With more skill points you can unlock the ability to fly a Buzzard, use a grappling hook, plant landmines, and have the jetpack last longer and have auto-turrets.

A circus guy playable character (something like a male version of Moxxxie) who is a midget tamer. At level 5 he can summon a midget to fight for him. Other unlockable skills could boost that up to 3 midgets, imbue them with elements, attach them to vehicles for extra protection, arm them with blunt weapons, and have them run around pickpocketing enemies for more loot.
#4Charted_22Posted 7/9/2013 1:30:00 AM
The best ideas I have thought/heard of is a slag shifter who can transform into either a Bullymong (tank) Thresher (AOE) or Stalker (Crit). Each tree would define your choice and skills.

Another idea is one I heard of is where a Priest-like character can consecrate the ground making a ring-like area where anything inside is effected by the skills its imbued with e.g. slag, elemental, health/buffs for another players.

Lastly an extension on the commando could be a roving turret that instead of having its own guns/shields could be equipped with ones from your inventory.

Who knows though from the sounds of things, after the last few DLCs which I doubt will have a new player, Gearbox is moving on to a new IP for the next gen.
---
In the words of Victor Sullivan "I'll be go-to-helled"
#5Eternal KPosted 7/9/2013 4:52:58 AM
Charted_22 posted...
Another idea is one I heard of is where a Priest-like character can consecrate the ground making a ring-like area where anything inside is effected by the skills its imbued with e.g. slag, elemental, health/buffs for another players.

That was my idea! =D Here's the link if anyone's interested in seeing what the whole thing looked like: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=244358

At the moment, I'm working on a concept based around playing as an Eridian Guardian, with the action skill being similar to the plasma mortars that the Arch Guardians could use in the first game. I think it'd be cool to bring back the Guardians as a playable character race.
---
2007 - 2008 NHL Saturday Picks Champion
#6Gun SagePosted 7/9/2013 5:02:17 AM
Probably separate teams. Usually it doesn't require a team that can code a full game just to create an add-on. Gearbox may do it differently though.

I always wanted a transforming loader style character or some kind of full on bot.

You have Aerial Bombardment, Heavy Lifting, and Sergeant's Order's trees.

Aerial Bombardment would focus on explosives and overall damage, allowing you to transform into a jet loader.
Heavy Lifting focuses on tankiness and maybe melee, lets you transform into a bull loader.
Sergeant's Order's is all about gunplay, and gives you the ability to transform into a sergeant loader or gun loader.

The final skills are "Uber Loader: Jet Mode" "Uber Loader: Bull Mode" and "Uber Loader: Gun Mode" which change your action skill up some. Will add a bit more to your primary stats than your action skill normally would (say 20% to explosives, 10% to fire rate, and 40% movement speed in normal jet mode, would become 40% to explosives, 25% to fire rate, and 60% to movement speed in Uber Jet Mode)

Would require modeling a kind of badass variant of each type, with the exception of the gun version which wouldn't be far off a standard badass loader.

Alternatively, I've always wanted a character with a cannon ability. For a certain amount of time the character can use a large cannon, similar to a rail gun, and just go to town. Good fire rate, great velocity/accuracy, high damage, basically the perfect weapon, but since it's attached to a cooldown it's more of a boss killer... Plus we all know it would be made obsolete by half the broken combos in this game anyway.
---
#7codehunter87Posted 7/9/2013 7:49:01 AM
I know this idea isn't going to sound original at first, but...

How about an Action Skill where everything but you seems to slow down?

Let me finish...

The Action Skill could be called "Rush", and basically the idea is to slow down everything briefly so you can escape, evade, or kill everything in sight.

The three skill trees could be called "Focus", "Bullet Time", and "Adrenaline".

Focus would have an emphasis on improving the action skill's efficiency and slow down effects.

Bullet Time would benefit bullet weapons, especially during Rush.

Adrenaline would focus on survival skills, particularly during rush.

...on saying this, I do realize it sounds a lot like the Gunzerker except for the effect of the action skill, but still let me finish...

Focus would have skills such as lengthening Rush time, slowing down everything even more, and even speeding up the hero character during it so they move much faster while it occurs, as well as focus on high damage in a single shot by means of boosting Critical Damage and making Critical Hits easier to achieve by the slow down. The final skill would be "The Thrill of the Kill", which would reset the Rush timer every time you get a critical kill.

Bullet Time emphasizes benefitting guns that use bullets as ammo, so sorry, no rocket launchers or grenades. Skills would include increasing fire rate, decreasing reload speed, improving damage, and heightening all the bonuses when Rush is active. The final skill is "Bullet Hell", and gives a 100% fire rate bonus while in Rush.

Adrenaline is a lot like the Gunzerker's Brawn Tree, focused on the survivability of the hero, such as boosting max health, health regen (as a different skill instead of Gunzerker's two-in-one Health Boost and Regen skill), and health regen during Rush. A game changer skill which I have no name for yet, would convert damage to health into cooldown reduction for Rush, and the final skill would be called "Adrenal Surge", which permits Rush to be used in Fight For Your Life, and have a huge damage bonus if used then.
---
GT Forte Baroque
#8spfurm01Posted 7/9/2013 10:57:28 AM
codehunter87 posted...
I know this idea isn't going to sound original at first, but...

How about an Action Skill where everything but you seems to slow down? snip wall of text

How do you balance that considering that you could have 3 other people with you?
---
Currently playing: UnEpic (PC), Dragon's Dogma DA (360), Borderlands 2 (360)
#9drake_skullPosted 7/9/2013 11:05:19 AM
Blood Offering(in reference to Blood Mages)
Lose Half your total health, gain 300% damage boost to all weapons and 500% to melee and 15% damage reduction. This lasts 30 seconds or untill your health drops below 25% and while active you health cannot go above 50% of your total health..
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#10lengthycobra69Posted 7/9/2013 11:08:04 AM
Gun Sage posted...

Alternatively, I've always wanted a character with a cannon ability. For a certain amount of time the character can use a large cannon, similar to a rail gun, and just go to town. Good fire rate, great velocity/accuracy, high damage, basically the perfect weapon, but since it's attached to a cooldown it's more of a boss killer... Plus we all know it would be made obsolete by half the broken combos in this game anyway.

which broken combos are there? I ask because I play gaige my bro axton and his gf maya. but i don't know every character in and out