How good is the Captain Scarlett DLC?

#1Paragon_NemesisPosted 7/11/2013 9:08:54 AM
Been on the fence between the Scarlett DLC or Mechromancer, and was wondering if the Scarlett one was worth it
---
PSN: ShadowCommander3
With Great Power, Comes A Great Beatdown!
#2ironmanmk2Posted 7/11/2013 9:16:50 AM
I did it with mine and it was good and I got the shock sandhawk out of it so it was a plus for me
#3electroflamePosted 7/11/2013 10:08:38 AM
I actually just completed the Scarlett DLC. I liked it, the new areas were neat, the theme was pretty neat, but at level 25-28 it was a bit easy.

I got it when it was on sale, so for $5 it was totally worth it.
---
Could be worse, they could have been American givers and you would have been smothered in small pox. -fakenamefignuts on Indian-Giving.
Steam ID: electroflame
#4CaptainWolfPosted 7/11/2013 10:10:45 AM
It has some decent equipment and chuckles, depending on your tastes. The new areas and enemies are interesting enough, but I personally got sick of them by the end.
There are two Raid Bosses, one of which is okay, if a bit drawn out, and one that's absolutely terrible.
That's just my opinion, of course.

It also has a big treasure room that you can cheat yourself into repeatedly, much like Knoxx's Armory from BL1.

If I had to give it a number rating, I'd give it a 6 or 7 out of 10.
---
I once shot an elephant in my pyjamas,
now I'm wanted for poaching.
#5cbc72Posted 7/11/2013 10:21:27 AM
CaptainWolf posted...
It has some decent equipment and chuckles, depending on your tastes. The new areas and enemies are interesting enough, but I personally got sick of them by the end.
There are two Raid Bosses, one of which is okay, if a bit drawn out, and one that's absolutely terrible.
That's just my opinion, of course.

It also has a big treasure room that you can cheat yourself into repeatedly, much like Knoxx's Armory from BL1.

If I had to give it a number rating, I'd give it a 6 or 7 out of 10.

I pretty much agree with this.

Also, it felt like there was a lot of unnecessary time spent just getting from location to location to complete missions. Even by Borderlands standards.

Question: Is there any chance of getting legendary weapons outside of the two Raid Bosses and the treasure room?
---
Beast Mode!
http://tinyurl.com/cvpwash
#6Paragon_Nemesis(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 10:34:09 AM
So the general consensus is that it's ok, so I am probably gonna hold off on it and get Gaige first.
---
PSN: ShadowCommander3
With Great Power, Comes A Great Beatdown!
#7ZelkyplantPosted 7/11/2013 11:07:51 AM
It has the #1 gun in the game as a quest reward, so like, if you want to solo raid bosses it's pretty much a required DLC.
#8cbc72Posted 7/11/2013 12:00:42 PM
Zelkyplant posted...
It has the #1 gun in the game as a quest reward, so like, if you want to solo raid bosses it's pretty much a required DLC.

Which gun and quest?
---
Beast Mode!
http://tinyurl.com/cvpwash
#9majorgalaxyPosted 7/11/2013 12:32:12 PM
cbc72 posted...
Zelkyplant posted...

Which gun and quest?

hes talking about the sandhawk

anyway i bought the DLC yesterday and finished it today

my thoughts are that most of the enemies are pretty unique instead of a reskin ( the anchormen and cursed pirates made me wanna pull out my hair in fustration) captain scarlet is a good antagonist for the DLC ( on a hotness id give her an 8 out of ten due to being evil and that hook. but still that british accent) and the weapons offered in missions are guns you actually want to keep.

i felt that the treasure chest room could have used more well... treasure chests but most chests in there offered at the least blue rarity which can be sold for a pretty penny

i felt there could have been more missions in the DLC that got you to go places you wouldnt visit more than twice. also that the final non raid bosses could have been more difficult

havent beaten master gee but hyperius is good for getting your ass kicked numerous times even with a full party

overall i give the DLC 8 out of 10
---
DC comic books: they stop making sense once you try to put logic in them.
GT:MayorofEarth2
#10Grogg555Posted 7/11/2013 2:14:01 PM
Sand Hawk and Jolly Roger are the only good things to come out of that dlc. Well some of the heads are nice too
---
peo...people actually live in australia? I thought it was nothing but poisonous bugs and dinosaurs - VanDam